"Batuka" thread

My n°1 song each morning , it s a simple masterpiece... , hope my fucked head of state gon listen to this in his nightmares

I get a lot of African music vibes in this song similar to when she goes to Malawi from the video's she posts of the singing and dancing.

I can't get over this song and I wonder if I'm the only one having an emotional reaction to it. I find it haunting in the best way possible.  I think the best thing about this album is that the songs generate complex emotions.  This song in particular, while being very fierce and feel like something you can groove to, actually brought a tear to my eye today. There is a feeling of darkness and melancholy underneath that makes the song what it is. And it's such an unusual song to bring forth these feelings, you would think something like Looking for Mercy would cause this reaction but no, this is the song that does it. 

This song is magic in a very pure primal way ... the intention and dance being a woman’s circle .. how rhythm and beat and call and response actually creates a resonance that creates change ... not so Much a dark energy per say , except we have been programmed that this earth based spirituality is dark magic ...

there for bringing light to the dark ..

in my alleged opinion 😉💃💃💃❤️