“Extreme Occident” thread

I like this one overall, but it's taking longer to click than some others. I find the melody a bit awkward, and some of the lyrics are clunky. 
It's nice to see so many people enjoying it though, it's a very interesting song and has a special "aura" about it.

I'd love an Extreme Occident video .. even something as simple as her walking the streets in Lisbon / Sintra looking contemplative and giving the camera some Madonna 'FACE' in an old school Madonna 'glam' look (none of the grills/over-accessoring/tits-pushed-up business but something sexy and demure like the Love Don't Live Here Anymore video) and lovely HAIR (or even a good wig) or something would do me JUST FINE...

Like with most of the tracks on this album I have had to listen a lot before I could form an opinion. This one also took some listening but now I love it. Gorgeous melody, beautiful vocals, fantastic powerful instrumentation. It gets better the more I hear it. Excellent track.

On 6/22/2019 at 10:48 PM, Shane said:

Can anyone translate the Portuguese lyrics in this one?  I am assuming they are the lines she quoted at GLAAD.

What hurts the most
Is that I was not lost

Love this song so much. It is so sincere.

Very clever positioned in the album, too. Just when she takes a stand and tells us that she has the right to be whoever she wants to be, comes Faz Gostoso and Bitch I'm Loca. 

As commented in another thread, with this album you can't extrapolate one song without listening to the previous one or even the following one. With Future, for example, after God Congrol the song has another different dimension. The same happens with Looking For Mercy and I Rise! 

On 6/22/2019 at 11:48 PM, Shane said:

Can anyone translate the Portuguese lyrics in this one?  I am assuming they are the lines she quoted at GLAAD.

From what I gather being Spanish and Portuguese being close to my language, I guess she sings

"The world is savage/ the road is lonely"

9 minutes ago, karbatal said:

From what I gather being Spanish and Portuguese being close to my language, I guess she sings

Beautiful lyrics, beautiful song. I really love this song. Gets better each day.

25 minutes ago, karbatal said:

That's in "Killers Who Are Partying"

11 minutes ago, Ray Finkle said:

That's in "Killers Who Are Partying"

oh, hahahaha :lmao: That verse popped in my mind and I translated it. Well, Beautyiswhereyoufindit has translated it too. 

7 minutes ago, Shane said:

So it’s a mystery that she quoted lyrics at the GLAAD ceremony that aren’t in the song?!

Thanks everyone for translating!

I wonder if she was only quoting the “life is a circle” portion and we all assumed what followed was also from the song? Maybe she was just going back to her speech.

5 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I wonder if she was only quoting the “life is a circle” portion and we all assumed what followed was also from the song? Maybe she was just going back to her speech.

Oh, I bet you’re right!

• 2 weeks later...
On 24 June 2019 at 2:57 AM, Lindyloo said:

Like with most of the tracks on this album I have had to listen a lot before I could form an opinion. This one also took some listening but now I love it. Gorgeous melody, beautiful vocals, fantastic powerful instrumentation. It gets better the more I hear it. Excellent track.

Yes.  Another song that gets better the more and more we listen to it. Beautiful song. 

This will be the song that sticks with me 15 years from now. I feel it. :fag:

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

The highlight of the album. Love this so much. 

Yes. In the way "Intervention" is the first song from AL that I hum in my head.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I finally arrived at Extreme Occident. It happened. Today. 

And it is marvelous to Our ears. 

54 minutes ago, Lolo said:

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I finally arrived at Extreme Occident. It happened. Today. 

And it is marvelous to Our ears. 

Funny. Same happened to me today. Always liked it, but today it’s magnificence struck!! Love it when a song does that.