“God Control” thread - video coming #soon

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
17 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

I WANT IT NOW!!!!  LOL! 

As for a "backlash"?  Even so, the album is out.  The way albums sell today, that first week is when sales impact. After that, sales drop dramatically.  I would think this video either will just bring more interest to the album or people will just roll their eyes and move on.  I guess people can burn their albums if they are that too bothered by the controversial topic. LOL!  I think it's a smart strategy to release the controversial video after the album dropped that way, it could bring more interest to the album  If not, she still got that top 5 album world-wide.

Exactly the album is released. This could boost interest. HOPEFULLY. maybe then a video with annita (foolish not to) then round it all off with batuka.

We've been truly spoiled already. 

wow it looks very dark scary and dramatic. I know it's gonna be heartbreaking and epic at the same time.

39 minutes ago, bcx said:

This is different, fam. People died. A lot of people. 

Anyway, it’s up to fate now. Not me. 

Well...yeah...that’s the point.  A lot of people are dying on a weekly basis in America because of lack of gun control.  She was compelled to say something about it and try to affect change through her art.  I can’t wait to see how the video embodies this message.

40 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I WANT IT NOW!!!!  LOL! 

As for a "backlash"?  Even so, the album is out.  The way albums sell today, that first week is when sales impact. After that, sales drop dramatically.  I would think this video either will just bring more interest to the album or people will just roll their eyes and move on.  I guess people can burn their albums if they are that too bothered by the controversial topic. LOL!  I think it's a smart strategy to release the controversial video after the album dropped that way, it could bring more interest to the album  If not, she still got that top 5 album world-wide.

I agree! The 1st week sales are the only thing to worry about and we are passed that now. She won that round. It will drop down no matter what in the 2nd and 3rd week. If the video is a hit, it will be less of a dramatic drop. If not, who cares? It was gonna drop anyway. You can't lose in this situation.

58 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

What the hell does she have to lose by releasing anything 'controversial' these days? Not a fucking thing. 

Nowadays a 'controversy' by anyone that breaks at 9am - politician, celebrity, - is old news by 5pm. She'll get some buzz with this video and she'll get some flack by the usual bunch of pearl clutching, woke, Twitter tappers and that will be that. 

I mean, I read in some review of Medellin that she was 'insensitive' by even putting the word 'cartel' in the song. Are you kidding me? This is where we're at? Dissecting a pop song lyric by lyric and showcasing 'outrage' over the phrase 'cartel for love'?

It's no wonder she enjoys singing Future since the song seems address this very type of eye rolling behavior.

I hope the video is graphic. I hope it's shocking. I hope it gets my heart beating. I hope it offends as many people as she can hope to offend. I hope MADONNA is trending ALL GOD DAMN DAY LONG the day the video is released regardless of if it's positive or negative.  

Yep!! Every word!!

1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

God Control is directed by Jonas Akerlund. Remember what happened with American Life? A backlash is possible but I don't see it affecting anything. Back then, she was severely affected with the radio boycott but now, she's already not getting radio play. The majority of people who bought the album were hardcore fans. Her fan base will love the video. They won't be turned off, so it's a win/win. When it comes to the tour, I do think many people from the general public bought tickets but I don't see them demanding refunds just because the God Control video depicts what happened at Pulse.

I completely agree 

5 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Wishing for the video to drop either this Wednesday or Friday, but judging by her previous #soon’s it may come out next year...

It will be the premier video of her 15th studio album. Ala "radar" and we won't say anything about it. 

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

This is your perspective. Wait till the full video drops. Too much paranoia. 

Indeed. Some threads can become a real drag, don't they? Just enjoy the ride FFS