“God Control” thread - video coming #soon

14 minutes ago, stijn said:

Just a thought but I think she will loose an eye in de video...

As much as I would like this, she explained in the Australian interview that Madame X lost an eyeball after being kidnapped and hidden in the Amazon Forest but managed to escape and became a cha cha instructor in Colombia. 

Great track but I don’t know what to think about the chorus sung by the tiffin children’s choir at the beginning and end with such a strange pause between “Con” and “trol”  (control) lyric It’s hard to sing along to. Unless I’m totally missing something here. This part drives me nuts for some reason. 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:28 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

Doesn't "Dark Ballet" count as the 3rd single? How do we define a single now? I'm confused.

No. Future and Dark Ballet are just promo tracks. GC is the third single. 

I hope they plan to release God Control mv next week.

On 6/19/2019 at 4:43 AM, Bat-Fan said:

Any info on GC and the rumor of it being delayed again?

It has not been delayed. It's been saved for a promotional purpose and she'll begin teasing it/set a release date the same she did with Crave. You'll ask questions like this and go on other forums spewing the same thing despite many people answering your questions many times. The video has been completed for a while now.

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

I to hear the song on radio, that 4 minute edit we heard worked well for radio.

My only issues is the faded part when she screams A New Democracy. It sounds messy.

44 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

My only issues is the faded part when she screams A New Democracy. It sounds messy.

I agree, the edit cleverly started the whispering part overlaying " a new democracy" part and it worked so much better.

5 minutes ago, Musicinferno said:

Where did you hear the edit?

It is probably not official but this shows the song could work for radio, it is a very well done edit.

Just now, SkyHigh76 said:

that radio edit is fantastic.

It is, I so want this song as an actual single and the edit shows it can work for radio even though it is so unusually constructed.

It’s taken me a while to really get used to this song. At the beginning I wasn’t sure..did I like it or not? I listened some more, and more and now I think it’s an incredible moment on the album. The choir sound fantastic, please let her bring a choir on her tour. It knocks this song into the stratosphere. The beat, the lyrics, the whole thing is massive! The only thing I don’t like is the way she starts singing it like her teeth are cemented together. Obviously that’s how she wanted it to sound but to me it’s a bit odd. Great piece of music though.

What exactly are we waiting  for? When this ADD music buying audience have moved on or? Everybody is waiting. Sometimes I think her team are clueless. Other times I think it is deliberate sabotage. Lol. 

ausiellomadonna.jpg

1 minute ago, Jeby said:

What exactly are we waiting  for? When this ADD music buying audience have moved on or? Everybody is waiting. Sometimes I think her team are clueless. Other times I think it is deliberate sabotage. Lol. 

ausiellomadonna.jpg

she only teased the video a week ago. "dark ballet" video dropped like two week ago. the album came out 10 days ago. pride is in one week. 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, bardo said:

she only teased the video a week ago. "dark ballet" video dropped like two week ago. the album came out 10 days ago. pride is in one week. 🤷‍♂️

She was releasing songs and/or videos weekly before the album was released. Now that it is, her team think that's no longer a good strategy? Just while the iron is hot? When they see songs unreleased getting more traction than what they put out? Is it that they can not think on their feet and must follow a set plan or?

1 hour ago, Jeby said:

She was releasing songs and/or videos weekly before the album was released. Now that it is, her team think that's no longer a good strategy? Just while the iron is hot? When they see songs unreleased getting more traction than what they put out? Is it that they can not think on their feet and must follow a set plan or?

what exactly do you think releasing the video today, as opposed to later this week or next week, is going to achieve? 

1 hour ago, bardo said:

what exactly do you think releasing the video today, as opposed to later this week or next week, is going to achieve? 

Love your vibe here ... BardoDeMonna style ahgahg

6 hours ago, bardo said:

I think releasing it this week will keep it in peoples minds especially with a song like God Control which by all accounts is one of the better songs on the album. Add a controversial video that will be talked about, it keeps the album in and on minds and possibly prevents a steep drop in its second week. I did not think it needed explaining. 

On 6/22/2019 at 5:25 AM, JayMac said:

Great track but I don’t know what to think about the chorus sung by the tiffin children’s choir at the beginning and end with such a strange pause between “Con” and “trol”  (control) lyric It’s hard to sing along to. Unless I’m totally missing something here. This part drives me nuts for some reason. 

Yep I know I’m being picky, but when I first heard it I was annoyed by the phrasing. Completely over it now though and it’s my favourite, but yeah phrasing is important. Normally Madonna always gets that right. 

8 hours ago, Jeby said:

ausiellomadonna.jpg

I have no words.

1 hour ago, HolidayGuy said:

A steep drop is coming, no matter what happens- recall the multipe U.S. Ellen shows came in week 2 of RH, and the drop was still 80%.

Nonetheless, can't wait for the video.

I’m not sure if a drop that steep is coming, last time it was:

#2 (121k) - #21 (26k) down 78%

and first week was bolstered by the tour bundle, this time not so much, yes it will drop hard but maybe to 75% that could be 24k, and #10 sold 12k last week so maybe another week in Top 20.

RH managed 11 weeks on chart, let’s see if MX can at least hold 5.

The 80% drop for RH was the pure-sales drop. RH's first week only included redemptions from a few dates (as not all dates were on sale up through the album release), and it was digital-only (Billboard estimated just 10,000 or so came from the promotion). So, I would expect at least an 80% drop for the new album; look at Jonas' album, dropping some 95% or so in sales. The overall drop was 87%, thanks to decent streaming numbers.

In any event, this is a GC thread.  We'll see when M will bestow the clip to the world. 🙂