“God Control” thread - video coming #soon

1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

👏 :clap:

It's an event, not just a "song"

Cultural event! :lmao:

Everybody knows they don't have a chance

to get a decent juh

to have a normal luh

Guys, this song. I am overwhelmed. I've been overwhelmed since yesterday.

I've not felt like this since September 2000, when I ran home from school and smashed "Music" into my CD player and first heard "Impressive Instant."

God what a track. Put it in an IV and pump it right into my veins.

I've not been to a club in 10 years but I sure do want to do to one now and dance the fuck out of this track ! 

I've already read about people crying while listening to their favourite Madonna' song and I used to think " Why???"

This song is an emotional experience for me. I know it sounds OTT but this track is SOOOOOO extra.

Wow - this song is certainly a rollercoaster and I want to ride it over and over!    I love all the parts but especially her whispered speaking, her vocals during the sung parts when the disco beat kicks in, and the male choir.  It's truly epic and even though it's over 6 minutes- it goes super fast!  I think it's partly because it has so many parts and it keeps your interest to see what is going to happen next.  Love it!!!

I love her voice 3:13 "it's a weird kind of energy" it reminds me of the voice for the chorus for Dress you up. 

"It's a weird kind of energy
A bizarre thing that happens to be
An abnormal fraternity
And I feel more than sympathy"

I wish this part was longer and was more prominent in the song! It's classic Madonna! 

20 hours ago, karbatal said:

Every song in the album somehow shouldn't work (except Crave, which is the most safe) but they work big time. That's the magic of this album I think.

True. There is so much going on on this track alone yet it works somehow.

33 minutes ago, karbatal said:

An abnormal fraternity

I wish this part was longer and was more prominent in the song! It's classic Madonna! 

The most colossal moment on the album for me. Classic Madonna reminding us she could do this for a whole album if she wanted. Woke up with it in my mind. 

The song is incredible and a MOOD...which I’ve caught today. It’s why I love Madonna..this message in this song.

I hope she’s dancing onstage in the video!

I feel this album is like the Drowned World Tour...with a few moments of Holiday mixed in so you know it’s all deliberate and not for our amusement. She’s a God.

Trance drum on the last minute gives me high. 

When is she going to release the mv?

This song just illustrates that Madonna just feels pity to the female artists who want her throne, she really killed it on this track, when I hear this track, I cry tears of joy, what a monster track, and the most annoying thing, radio can't play this music, why, why, why, why, .....oh no!!!!...oh God I love this track.

My fav from the album. Awesome, awesome.. could have been the first single, easily.

I heard it's getting a video. This is the song that can bring everyone together.

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

An abnormal fraternity

yeah that part alone is the strongest hook (is that what you call it?) since.. maybe hung up? (though even in hung up, the abba sample is really the big hook)

Madonna MUST release GOD CONTROL as a SINGLE the world needs to hear this masterpiece, please tell me its true the video in the theatre is for this art piece. I think with an amazing radio edit, which would be hard to do being such a complex song along with the club remix, I mean WOW. She should strike NOW while the iron is hot, maybe be its me but that disco hook just hits the soul.

8 hours ago, david86 said:

I love her voice 3:13 "it's a weird kind of energy" it reminds me of the voice for the chorus for Dress you up. 

YES!! I thought it sounded like early Madonna but couldn't pinpoint an exact part of a specific song. You got it though, it's totally DYU!

7 hours ago, karbatal said:

An abnormal fraternity

YES YES YES!!

She sounds so euphoric on this part.

I got an emotional during the opening verse of all parts, because I feel Madonna sounds so sincere and also because it’s a new style of singing for her and one that sees her giving her all in terms of experimenting and stylistic choice.

Anyone has any theory as to why she sang the way she did in the beginning? Almost like clenching her jaw or mumbling. Does it represent the rage or anger she is trying to suppress? I mean, she sounded like she was singing from the dentist chair 😆 

18 minutes ago, justi5myluv said:

Anyone has any theory as to why she sang the way she did in the beginning? Almost like clenching her jaw or mumbling. Does it represent the rage or anger she is trying to suppress? I mean, she sounded like she was singing from the dentist chair 😆 

I think you answered your own question. 😃

35 minutes ago, justi5myluv said:

I did not like the way she sang the first part at the very beginning.   Madonna has one of the most beautiful, clear and emotional voices of any artist ever -  something I treasure her for and think she is never rated enough on -  and I just don't like her voice sounding like she is mumbling.  So many other singers mumble and I always hate it.  Otherwise,  love the rest of the song and how she sings it throughout the rest of it.  

Deliberate artistic decision on her part. She does it elsewhere on the album too. I like it actually for a change of pace, giving the album a different kind of feel, and like someone said somewhere else, it brings the sewn lips cover to mind.

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I did not like the way she sang the first part at the very beginning.   Madonna has one of the most beautiful, clear and emotional voices of any artist ever -  something I treasure her for and think she is never rated enough on -  and I just don't like her voice sounding like she is mumbling.  So many other singers mumble and I always hate it.  Otherwise,  love the rest of the song and how she sings it throughout the rest of it.  

I knew you wouldn’t like it. Very Crave at the beginning.

5 minutes ago, the-queen said:

it brings the sewn lips cover to mind.

Wow very interesting. Never thought about that. 

4 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

I knew you wouldn’t like it. Very Crave at the beginning.

:lol:  You know me too well !   Yes, one of my main loves in life is the absolute heaven of  listening to Madonna's pure clear fantastic singing voice which I always feel is so under-rated. 

I always feel stunned when anyone says that Madonna can't sing etc.    So just my personal view about the opening.   Love the rest of the song a lot though ! 

She said GC was messy. She also doesn't get the song structure on many of them. I know it's hard to judge MX from just one listen.

I also dislike the mumbly grillz singing, but the rest of the song has so much going for it that I can overlook it here.  While muffled, at least it's still coherent though unlike certain artists who can't enunciate anything to save their lives...

Can't wait for the video of this.  I still have this on repeat like it's an IV infusion of energy! 😍🤩

This song takes you from different eras of dance music, from 60s to 70s to 80s to 90s to 00s to 2010s and the future.If you listen to the background production, it morphs into all these generations while remaining so current and futuristic.Its an absolute masterpiece.