“God Control” thread - video coming #soon

I cannot wait to hear this song and read the reactions on this thread come Friday.  This feels like the Olympics or something. I'm such a crazy fan, and I need to be slayed. 😐

OMG God Control is flipping amazing I have my CD blasting so glad to be able to hear the album in full and in high quality WAKE UP

21 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

the anticipation is KILLING meee

I know I'm gonna love it

this will be such a good start into the weekend

CAn't wait to read your complete review !! :tigger:

According to a friend on fb:

Madonna offered several interviews today in London, and apparently confirms that "God Control" and "Batuka" already have their recorded videos, also mentioned that they will perform a clip of "I Rise" on the beach.

15 minutes ago, robster said:

According to a friend on fb:

Madonna offered several interviews today in London, and apparently confirms that "God Control" and "Batuka" already have their recorded videos, also mentioned that they will perform a clip of "I Rise" on the beach.

Hurrà 🙂

Great track. Not radio friendly at all. Reading the comments before I listened to it I thought it was the obvious single but it's much more than that. It's a story. Can't wait for the video!!!!!

11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Great track. Not radio friendly at all. Reading the comments before I listened to it I thought it was the obvious single but it's much more than that. It's a story. Can't wait for the video!!!!!

But the first 3 songs were radio friendly, I think its better she sticks to her true image of dance pop in form of " God Control".....

Another dance masterpiece from our queen! Discofied political religious manisfesto indeed. At first, i didnt like what i’ve heard. I thought is that it? Overrated for me.  My ears can’t figure out and process well the blending of choir and disco sound. Makes it very jarring to me. But then, after repeated listens, i effin used to it and amazed by it. I was blown away. Gives me goosebumps with the combinations of sounds. The swirling disco beats plus the heavenly choir are pure ecstacy! This is her most sonically ambitious track for a long time. God Control is on fire! Cant wait for the exlosive music video!

And I for one love the gritted teeth she sings through on the first verse. I could see the casual listener not getting it but it's totally appropriate for the song.

Probably the album's masterpiece, everything about it top notch, just wish maybe the instrumental/beat went in a bit harder in places, other than that a great song with an even better message. 

I just heard this for the first time through headphones and I wasn’t at all prepared to hear what is possibly her best song! I am blown away. 

13 minutes ago, Simo9jo said:

I just heard this for the first time through headphones and I wasn’t at all prepared to hear what is possibly her best song! I am blown away. 

Haha, yeah, I squealed more than a few times. 

It could have been a Hung Up-sized hit if they had followed a more traditional path (that bridge with her voice soaring is begging to be reprised), but they want a different route and the result is amazing. Beyond excited for remixes! 

On 6/11/2019 at 10:01 PM, reQuiem4adream said:

I love the outro!

wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker.

I thought she sang “wake up” wtf 😂