“God Control” thread - video coming #soon

All of you are going apeshit over this song while I wait for the release on Friday. I'm so tempted to hear it, but I'm getting ready for my gay coma the instant it hits my iTunes account.

Does it sound anything like "Music"? I lost my damn mind when that came out.

Just now, Pink Elephants said:

All of you are going apeshit over this song while I wait for the release on Friday. I'm so tempted to hear it, but I'm getting ready for my gay coma the instant it hits my iTunes account.

Oh my friend , you are not ready. I can't wait to hear it in its highest HQ.

8 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

Oh my friend , you are not ready. I can't wait to hear it in its highest HQ.

I'm hoping for a WOW moment. I'll post my opinion on Friday.  😳

I don't get the hype with this song....it sounds like a mash up of daft punk, Cher and pet shop Boys (New York City boy)...maybe it'll sound better in HQ. 

1 minute ago, Boki_D said:

I don't get the hype with this song....it sounds like a mash up of daft punk, Cher and pet shop Boys (New York City boy)...maybe it'll sound better in HQ. 

And for those reasons it's a BOP. 

3 minutes ago, Boki_D said:

Im not understanding the problem? 

Just now, Danmacevents said:

And for those reasons it's a BOP. 

To me GC sounds like an imitation, which is not always a good thing 🙂

2 minutes ago, Boki_D said:

To me GC sounds like an imitation, which is not always a good thing 🙂

Ha! Oh the beauty of music. So amazing how we perceive things. 🤯

1 minute ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

thats why i dont smoke that dope

giphy.gif

🤣🤣🤣. Me in the kitchen every morning. 

That and dancing around to but cracker segment of DB with my iced coffee 

Just now, Danmacevents said:

Ha! Oh the beauty of music. So amazing how we perceive things. 🤯

Of course! I personally don't perceive this particular song as that special compared to others on the album. 

37 minutes ago, Boki_D said:

What are you talking about? GC is probably one of her best records in a long time. 

8 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

What are you talking about? GC is probably one of her best records in a long time. 

Well, we have different opinions 🙂

Personally, I think there are so many more better songs on this album alone. 

I love the outro!

wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker, wanker.

6 hours ago, Pink Elephants said:

It  does have the effect the song ''Music'' has on me. It's definitely her ''coolest'' since Music.  I haven't felt this thrilled with a song of hers in a long, long time. It has that magical addictive quality where you want to go to your room listen to the song a hundred times and feel high on it and think Madonna is the coolest woman on earth.  It's really hard to say if it's better than something but it does say a lot when I think if this song was on the album Music, it would still be a highlight. 

I cried a bit when I heard this song, reasons being America will not play Madonna anymore, and so this great track will never be known like her great songs, what a banger, its the most cool, insane, futuristic, psychadellic, disco stomper in a long time, oh I wish radio plays this, .....simply magical

6 minutes ago, rukydee said:

I cried a bit when I heard this song, reasons being America will not play Madonna anymore, and so this great track will never be known like her great songs, what a banger, its the most cool, insane, futuristic, psychadellic, disco stomper in a long time, oh I wish radio plays this, .....simply magical

well, that's also madonna's fault (or her team). she should've released this as a first single and performed it.

15 hours ago, Boki_D said:

And you answered your own question 😂

I tried to wait but finally the destiny put God Control in front of me and I couldn't help but listening to it. It has been on replay for 24 hours now and I do agree it's instant classic Madonna and I can't get out of my head the "people think that I'm insane...that's why I don't smoke that dope" part. I can't wait for the video and share this masterpiuece in my social networks, if radio doesn't play Madonna anymore at least we will have to promote it. WE GOT TO WAKE UP!

4 minutes ago, Macromad said:

And you answered your own question 😂

I keep listening to the song, but compared to others on the album, it's not a highlight for me. It's not a bad song, but for me there are stronger songs than GC. 😉 

16 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Totally agree!

its an excellent track, for mi is imposible to give it less than 9/10.