“God Control” thread - video coming #soon

Absolute masterpiece. The juxtaposition of the very political message with pure, swirling disco beats and a prayer like choir. Mind blowing! Madonna at her absolute best. 

Absolutely brilliant. Madonna and Mirwais have really delivered here, no wonder she was posting instgram raving about disco this song is 6 minutes of euphoria.

I love how it starts unexpectedly, it's steady with the choir and chants pulling the listener in with her political analysis of the world .....and then BAM that brilliant wake up call like an advert to life and then the door of disco is opened...it's an invitation to politics on the dance floor and the beat is pure gold.

It makes the speakers bleed.

My favorite track from Madame X so far! Love it since first listen. But native English speakers, can you help us with the meaning of lyrics? With her political analysis of the world, as Confessit wrote?

For example, the part:

People think that I’m insane

The only gun is in my brain

Each new birth, it gives me hope

That’s why I don’t smoke that dope

Insane people think I am

Brain inside my only friend

Hope it gives me birth each new

That dope I don’t smoke it’s true

From which point of view is it said? Why the extraordinary word order in the second part?

And what about:

Get the kids ready
Take them to school
Everybody knows they don’t have a chance
Get a decent job
Have a normal life

Is it about importance of education and/or about gun control (shootings)?

I love the song, but I hate that my English is not so good to understand her better…

I get the chills when I listen to this song. I feel inspired, makes me wanna work hard, makes me wanna dance.

”its such a con, its such a hustle”. Its so comforting to have her speak to listeners, humanity, in this way. No bullshit. All real talk.

I absolutely love it...it's so weird yet so profound! Up there with some of her best songs this century!

YouTube “reviewers” have started already...to review it (of course there is no link nor sound provided) there is one there describing the track in some details and eventually considering it as a masterpiece 5/5 ...and I wouldn’t think about him being a fan...

not sure if these kind of YouTube links are allowed/welcomed  here now

Unlike a lot of you I am totally clueless about this allegedly fabulous song, but I just saw this tweet (does not contain any link, it is just a comment to the song) and along with all of the comments I have seen posted here and on social media, it makes me even more salivating for God Control:

It's mindblowing. If you listen to it on high volume, it's like a drug, can't get rid of it. Probably one of her best songs from her entire career. NO.1 HIT WORLDWIDE if she would be 30 nowadays.

12 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

Unlike a lot of you I am totally clueless about this allegedly fabulous song, but I just saw this tweet (does not contain any link, it is just a comment to the song) and along with all of the comments I have seen posted here and on social media, it makes me even more salivating for God Control:

Exciting times

giphy.gif

6CB5FCF9-2F79-48EE-AC3B-736014F2BB4F.gif

I really don't want to listen to it yet, but I admit that I have searched in youtube and fortunately I couldn't find it, I know it's a stupid contradiction but I can't help 😂

10 minutes ago, Macromad said:

I really don't want to listen to it yet, but I admit that I have searched in youtube and fortunately I couldn't find it, I know it's a stupid contradiction but I can't help 😂

Same here 😂but now I’m sure 100% I will resist ....the huge good response from various members makes me so relieved...so I can wait....I would have had more difficulties if mixed reviews. 

40 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

It's mindblowing. If you listen to it on high volume, it's like a drug, can't get rid of it. Probably one of her best songs from her entire career. NO.1 HIT WORLDWIDE if she would be 30 nowadays.

Just read what you post, I almost posted the same comments, haha  :lol:

2 minutes ago, runa said:

Totally agree that MIRWAIS is a DISCO GOD.

Probably one of the best song she did in her entire career.

I agree this is stand out quality. 

I cannot wait for the video. The world needs this slice of M pop perfection. 

10 minutes ago, runa said:

Just read what you post, I almost posted the same comments, haha  :lol:

Because this happens when something is just perfect. 

Finally heard it.  Despite all the early descriptions, I was not expecting hardcore OLD SCHOOL disco.   Those strings are fucking insane!

I imagine if they do choose to release it as a single, they'd drop the intro and jump right into the uptempo part.    I love how every song released so far are wildly different.   This album is shaping up to be a real journey. 

1 hour ago, justinian said:

YouTube “reviewers” have started already...to review it (of course there is no link nor sound provided) there is one there describing the track in some details and eventually considering it as a masterpiece 5/5 ...and I wouldn’t think about him being a fan...

not sure if these kind of YouTube links are allowed/welcomed  here now

link?

Let's make sure that Madonna gets the message that this song needs to be a single. Just wait for friday and let's put it in the comments on her instagram account.

16 minutes ago, Macromad said:

Let's make sure that Madonna gets the message that this song needs to be a single. Just wait for friday and let's put it in the comments on her instagram account.

and a video.

26 minutes ago, Macromad said:

10 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

and a video.

It will be. 😃 They recorded the video back in February. 

Just now, headonfire said:

It will be. 😃 They recorded the video back in February. 

I know that, but I want to see it. 😋