“I Don’t Search I Find” thread

12 hours ago, the-queen said:

It’s exceptional. I Don’t Search I Find is just like an Erotica outtake. The same spirit but completely new. It’s a practically perfect song, with a sleek, catchy and very addictive melody. Man, Madonna is a genius and still has IT. 

My favorite!

Madonna’s 21st-century albums have been wildly inconsistent: a single that touches a nerve alongside a lot of contrived collaborations. Her latest album, “Madame X,” fits that template, but it does include the techno-pulsed, thoroughly Internet-aware, “I Don’t Search I Find.” Steady beats per minute and synthetic stings accompany the sung and spoken vocals in this track, which insists, “I found love, I found something new/I found you.” She has more to say about life and death, but beat and hooks are her message. JON PARELES

Yes, the aura of the 90’s is very much present on this wonderful and mysterious track. Though I don’t think it would have been a good choice as a first single, because of its throwback quality. For me it’s simply a standout album track, pure platinum gold. 

2 hours ago, Klasu said:

Yes, the aura of the 90’s is very much present on this wonderful and mysterious track. Though I don’t think it would have been a good choice as a first single, because of its throwback quality. For me it’s simply a standout album track, pure platinum gold. 

I agree. It is a great song but it lacks something powerful. God Control has this something. It would have been the PERFECT first single but I understand the strategy Ms team adopted  (I suppose I do)

33 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

I agree. It is a great song but it lacks something powerful. God Control has this something. It would have been the PERFECT first single but I understand the strategy Ms team adopted  (I suppose I do)

We can always try to understand at least. 😁 If they had chosen I Don't Search..., I think that Madonna would have been criticized for riding on nostalgia or something. It was better to go with something totally unexpected, which Medéllin was at least for me. 

3 minutes ago, Klasu said:

We can always try to understand at least. 😁 If they had chosen I Don't Search..., I think that Madonna would have been criticized for riding on nostalgia or something. It was better to go with something totally unexpected, which Medéllin was at least for me. 

You're right. Besides I think Medellin and Crave were chosen in order to push Madonna in the streaming platforms with the help of strong streaming stars like Maluma and Swae Lee. I only hope that Ms team don't miss the timing for the release of God Control's video

1 hour ago, Klasu said:

god control would have fit that bill too though. it's something totally new and unexpected but would also galvanize fans. i think featured artists are always going to help streaming (for the album) even if they're not released as singles.

Just heard this now. I LOVE IT!! Yes, very 90s. Very smooth, too. I can't wait to see what she does with this on tour.

I miss this sound . It's the sound I used to dance to in the 90s when I was a young student . It's nostalgia but futuristic at the same time. 

Only Madonna can do this . 

8 minutes ago, Simo9jo said:

It’s as though Mirwais produced a song from Erotica using today’s technology...futuristic Erotica, perfect song. 

And Pettibone could never produce a song that sounds like something from MUSIC...ouchhh :lol: 

3 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

And Pettibone could never produce a song that sounds like something from MUSIC...ouchhh :lol: 

Definitely not, Pettibone is talented, but Mirwais is a master of electronic music. No comparison. 

On 6/16/2019 at 10:21 AM, Geiger83 said:

Yes. For me, I would have chosen "God Control" as the 1st single and "Looking For Mercy" as the 2 single but do those tracks really represent the album? Not so much. I think "Medellin" and "Crave," while not my favorites, represent the album as a whole much better than my favorites.

17 hours ago, Vetiver said:

IDSIF will remain like I’m Addicted, Impressive Instant or Skin ... a dance masterpiece that could have been there but it wasn’t 

Sad but possibly true. But we don't know yet! It could still get a release!

It won’t be released or have a video. The next singles are gc and batuka, which r great too so I m happy for both of those singles. I think idsif deserves to be a single though.

This is my favorite song i think, i love it to much. I demand some remixes!!!