"I Rise" thread

13 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

True Blue and Like a Prayer shouldve been nominated for album of the year 

Bedtime Stories was nominated for Best pop album in 1996, wasn’t it? 

Yes and TB and possibly LAP probably would have been nominated, had that category existed at the time

So I finally got round to checking all the nominations and it’s as predictable as ever. 

‘God Control’ should have at least got a nomination in the music video category. 

Maybe she will win the remix category, personally I think the Thomas Gold remix is much better than the Tracy Young one, but each to their own. 

34 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

So I finally got round to checking all the nominations and it’s as predictable as ever. 

‘God Control’ should have at least got a nomination in the music video category. 

Maybe she will win the remix category, personally I think the Thomas Gold remix is much better than the Tracy Young one, but each to their own. 

It definitely is. 

2 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

I believe M's team only the submitted Medellin vid for consideration

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, have your favourite tracks changed or do you still have the same top 5? For me it hasn't changed very much: God Control, I don't search I find, Crazy, Killers who are partying, Extreme Occident

1 hour ago, Geiger83 said:

Hi guys, have your favourite tracks changed or do you still have the same top 5? For me it hasn't changed very much: God Control, I don't search I find, Crazy, Killers who are partying, Extreme Occident

I used to like I rise, but after some time and with that speech clip at the beginning it left me with a sour taste in my mouth , I wish now that that clip weren't in the song at all, but maybe it's just me and maybe the fact that I haven't seen it "come alive" in concert yet doesn't help either

21 hours ago, ThomasW said:

I used to like I rise, but after some time and with that speech clip at the beginning it left me with a sour taste in my mouth , I wish now that that clip weren't in the song at all, but maybe it's just me and maybe the fact that I haven't seen it "come alive" in concert yet doesn't help either

Same but thats why i now exclusively listen to the Thomas Gold remix. It cuts out the speech and gives the song some life.   

51 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Same but thats why i now exclusively listen to the Thomas Gold remix. It cuts out the speech and gives the song some life.   

Thank you for reminding me! I forgot it existed hehe

4 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

I love I Rise minus the pig nosed barnyard creature squealing in the beginning.

So unnecessary :thumbsdown: She’s fighting for the same cause as Madonna. Kindness is one of the few free things in this world.

Speaking of her anyway, her speech that’s sampled in the song is perfectly timed with the song itself. I was playing around with the instrumental and her speech and the parts of her speech that I used fit perfectly. Yet another time the stars aligned for the creation of a masterpiece :inlove: Madonna truly is an artistic musical genius 

1 hour ago, sillynate said:

So unnecessary :thumbsdown: She’s fighting for the same cause as Madonna. Kindness is one of the few free things in this world.

Speaking of her anyway, her speech that’s sampled in the song is perfectly timed with the song itself. I was playing around with the instrumental and her speech and the parts of her speech that I used fit perfectly. Yet another time the stars aligned for the creation of a masterpiece :inlove: Madonna truly is an artistic musical genius 

She deserves all the hate she gets. Shes young and will hopefully grow up into a smarter woman.  As it is... thank God the Thomas Gold remix cut out her speech.

4 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

She deserves all the hate she gets. Shes young and will hopefully grow up into a smarter woman.  As it is... thank God the Thomas Gold remix cut out her speech.

What did she do that makes her so deserving? 

Wasn't she appalled by a mass shooting. I don't see what's wrong with that. Why do some members here think she is wrong about it?

14 hours ago, nightcutter said:

Wasn't she appalled by a mass shooting. I don't see what's wrong with that. Why do some members here think she is wrong about it?

She survived one. She didn't get Madonna's message over "God Control" and she was criticized for it. Though some here take it like she killed their mother or something.

She's allowed to be upset despite her missing the point but the hate isn't warranted. Both are fighting for the same thing in the long run.

10 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Jesus fucking Christ are you seriously justifying the bullying of a mass shooting survivor + gun control activist simply because she doesn’t agree with the way Madonna expressed her views on the subject? I hope YOU and anyone else who shares this repulsive thought process “hopefully grow up into smarter people.” Sad. 

How embarrassing that gun control advocacy groups, including the one Emma represents and a Sandy Hooks support group, publicly schooled her over ignorant Madonna tweets. Despite that she ignored them, didn’t admit she was wrong, and she didn’t apologize to Madonna. Emma is a fucking ungrateful idiot. Hopefully the college she’s in now teaches her to grow the fuck up and to scream less annoyingly. Thank God the DJs who remixed the track cut her ass out of the mix.

30 minutes ago, sillynate said:

Jesus fucking Christ are you seriously justifying the bullying of a mass shooting survivor + gun control activist simply because she doesn’t agree with the way Madonna expressed her views on the subject? I hope YOU and anyone else who shares this repulsive thought process “hopefully grow up into smarter people.” Sad. 

Lol you would have hated this site when the GC music video came out.

On 12/6/2019 at 3:49 PM, Geiger83 said:

Hi! My top 5 hasn't really change : Extreme Occident, Ciao Bella, God Control, Batuka and Come Alive.

About I Rise, I like it. It's a great closer. Love Madonna's voice.

Edited by Mr.X

Cyndi Lauper posted a picture on Instagram congratulating Tracy Young for her Grammy nomination saying:

”Tracy’s nomination is for her remix of @madonna’s “I Rise” — a really great song with a powerful message. One of my faves off the #MadameX album.”