"I Rise" thread

3 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

I think that one is fake, but the one below is real, it's a shame these aren't getting a mainstream release, there's obviously a market for them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Madonna-Maluma-Medellin-US-promo-CD-single-OFFICIAL-7-remixes-BRAND-NEW/293196833586?hash=item4443e4a332:g:Fk8AAOSwtfpdA~~V

gessh. why are the cd's so expensive?

6 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

As predicted, “I Rise” rises to #1 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart!!! SMASH! This is her 48th #1 on this chart! :confessions:

Amazing! :clap:

6 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it specifically outside of the '90s house) ,but I get "Gypsy Woman" vibes in spots with Gold's mix.

yes, the piano is very gipsy woman!

8 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

As predicted, “I Rise” rises to #1 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart!!! SMASH! This is her 48th #1 on this chart! :confessions:

Congratulations M! 

So I predict that ‘Crave’ will be her 49th and ‘God Control’ her 50th... 

8 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it specifically outside of the '90s house) ,but I get "Gypsy Woman" vibes in spots with Gold's mix.

I get it, too. Love that mix!!!! Hopefully a longer version will surface at some point.

28 minutes ago, mr_boogiewoogie said:

Yay for I Rise rising to the top!!!! 👏😃💛

We are now ready for the Crave remixes! Get that 49th Number 1, girl! 

Yes! I'm so happy for her, and I'm sure she can get Crave to number 1. She needs to release one more single to get 50 before she wraps up this era!

9 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

When I 1st read your post I was like 🤔

Then I listen to the 1st seconds of this mix and I was like :yes:

:lol:

8 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Just read I rise hit no 1 on the dance chart!!! 48th no 1! 🎆🎆🎆

Great news, now God Control remixes please.

14 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Great news, now God Control remixes please.

who knows if we will get GC remixes Crave is soon. lol

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8528247/madonna-48th-number-1-dance-club-songs-chart-i-rise

Madonna Earns 48th No. 1 on Dance Club Songs Chart With 'I Rise'

8/23/2019 by Gordon Murray

"It is always an honor to work with Madonna," remixer Tracy Young tells Billboard.

Madonna earns her record-extending 48th No. 1 on Billboard's Dance Club Songs chart (dated Aug. 31), as "I Rise" ascends 2-1.

The chart, and all rankings dated Aug. 31, will refresh on Billboard.com on Tuesday, Aug. 27.

With 48 toppers on Dance Club Songs, which measures reports submitted by a national sample of club DJs and which launched as a national survey in the Billboard issue dated Aug. 28, 1976, Madonna outpaces runner-up Rihanna (33 No. 1s), while Beyoncé and Janet Jackson follow with 22 and 20, respectively.

"Rise" is the second leader from Madonna's album Madame X, following "Medellín" with Maluma. The song led the June 29-dated Dance Club Songs chart, while Madame Xlaunched as Madonna's ninth No. 1 on the Billboard 200 the same week.

"Rise" marks Madonna's eighth consecutive Dance Club Songs No. 1, her longest such streak. (Katy Perry holds the record with 18 straight No. 1s in 2009-17.) Twice before, Madonna managed seven straight No. 1s, first with "Causing a Commotion," from the Who's That Girl soundtrack (1987), through "Justify My Love," from her first greatest hits opus, The Immaculate Collection (1991), and then with Ray of Light's "Nothing Really Matters" (1999) through Music's "Impressive Instant" (2001). Madonna's current run began with "Give Me All Your Luvin'," featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., from her 2012 set MDNA.

"Rise" was first remixed by Miami-based DJ Tracy Young, who has remixed a plethora of other Madonna tracks, including No. 1s "Music," "Hung Up" and "4 Minutes" (featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland). Young's remix also propelled "Rise" onto the Dance/Mix Show Airplay chart (where it spent two weeks at No. 37 in July), marking Madonna's first visit since "Living for Love" (No. 25, March 2015).

"Even after 20 plus years of creative collaboration, it is always an honor to work with Madonna," Young tells Billboard. "When I heard the original version of 'I Rise,' I immediately had the vision to create tempo for the inspirational song and connect the message of empowerment to the LGBTQ+ community, especially in celebration with the 50th anniversary of Pride. I asked Madonna if she'd let me remix it and she said yes, which was exciting. It always feels amazing when something I produce is well-received, and that will never be a feeling that gets old."

"Rise" was also remixed for clubs by DJLW, Thomas Gold, Daybreakers and others.

In celebration of Madonna's newest No. 1, here's an updated look at her Dance Club Songs leaders. (Of note, at various points before Feb. 23, 1991, full albums were allowed to chart, which allowed for a full remix album of Madonna's, You Can Dance, to reign. Plus, for titles that spent multiple weeks at No. 1, total frames in the lead are noted in parentheses.)

Madonna's 48 Dance Club Songs No. 1s
1983, "Holiday"/"Lucky Star" (five weeks at No. 1)
1984, "Like a Virgin" (four)
1985, "Material Girl"
1985, "Angel"/"Into the Groove"
1987, "Open Your Heart"
1987, "Causing a Commotion (Remix)"
1988, You Can Dance (LP Cuts)
1989, "Like a Prayer" (two)
1989, "Express Yourself" (three)

1990, "Keep It Together"
1990, "Vogue" (two)
1991, "Justify My Love" (two)
1992, "Erotica"
1993, "Deeper and Deeper"
1993, "Fever"
1994, "Secret" (two)
1995, "Bedtime Story"
1997, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"
1998, "Frozen" (two)
1998, "Ray of Light" (four)
1999, "Nothing Really Matters" (two)
1999, "Beautiful Stranger" (two)

2000, "American Pie"
2000, "Music" (five)
2001, "Don't Tell Me"
2001, "What It Feels Like for a Girl"
2001, "Impressive Instant" (two)
2002, "Die Another Day" (two)
2003, "American Life"
2003, "Hollywood"
2003, "Me Against the Music," Britney Spears feat. Madonna (two)
2004, "Nothing Fails"
2004, "Love Profusion"
2005, "Hung Up" (four)
2006, "Sorry" (two)
2006, "Get Together"
2006, "Jump" (two)
2008, "4 Minutes," Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (two)
2008, "Give It 2 Me"
2009, "Celebration"

2012, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
2012, "Girl Gone Wild"
2012, "Turn Up the Radio"
2015, "Living for Love"
2015, "Ghosttown"
2015, "B**** I'm Madonna," Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj
2019, "Medellín," Madonna & Maluma
2019, "I Rise"

19 hours ago, Nick said:

Rihanna better not beat Madonna’s record on the dance chart! 🙂

She is nowhere near the record, is she?

49 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

She is nowhere near the record, is she?

She's got 33. Which is pretty astounding considering she's only been around since 2005. That's 10 more than Beyonce', who's got 22. 

So no, she's not very close to Madonna's number but she definitely has time on her side being that she's only 31.  

Madonna can easily get that number to 50 number 1's once Crave remixes hit the clubs and either release God Control remixes or wait until she releases a new track on whatever compilation we're supposedly getting next year.

On 9/1/2019 at 1:20 AM, sillynate said:

Where are you all getting God Control from? I’d assume we’re getting Future remixes after Crave since the remixes are going in order by pre album release 

it's just an assumption since it got a proper video and is one of m's favorite songs from the album. "future" was a pre-release "promo" single so i doubt there will be official remixes for that one or "dark ballet."

2 hours ago, bardo said:

it's just an assumption since it got a proper video and is one of m's favorite songs from the album. "future" was a pre-release "promo" single so i doubt there will be official remixes for that one or "dark ballet."

I Rise was a promo single too

Dark Ballet has a video and is also one of her favorites 

5 hours ago, sillynate said:

I Rise was a promo single too

Dark Ballet has a video and is also one of her favorites 

"i rise" was remixed especially for pride, so i think that's why they decided to go with that before "crave." "dark ballet" doesn't seem very conducive to remixing tbh. ditto for "batuka."