Madame X album general discussion

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I mean really before the choir comes in she kinda does this "mumble" thing she did in Crave if you know what I'm saying. After that it gets better. Probably a stylistic choice.

Rush rush rush rush? Ah well I guess I will hear it ... when I'll hear it

Just now, Confessit said:

It reminds me of Vogue the clicks and the strings.....it's got such a 90s house beat to it. It's everything LFL was stripped of in that respect. (Demo to release)

Yes, 90's house beat, but many other songs than Vogue had finger snaps too.

1 minute ago, Gaudet said:

Rush rush rush rush? Ah well I guess I will hear it ... when I'll hear it

The lack of articulation i would say, yes around that part.

Just now, dollhouse said:

Yes, 90's house beat, but many other songs than Vogue had finger snaps too.

True but I guess they are so distinctive of Vogue in its style. 

56 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

So disappointed with the fans that have listened to the leaked tracks

You think that after what happened with RH some of you would have some respect for M's work and wait until release day to listen to the album

And the fact that it is being allowed to be discussed here is even worse

Oh come ON. we haven't broken in to her home, stop being so holier than thou, we all do things we shouldn't (eg patronising others) how about the countless times M has been late on stage with no explanation or apology. Swearing at them when they spend £300 on a reduced show. Get some perspective. 

5 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

I don’t Idsif sounds anything like rescue me. It sounds more thief of hearts than vogue or rescue me. It’s an amazing song. 

yeah you're right. very accurate comparison

7 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

I don’t think Idsif sounds anything like rescue me. It sounds more thief of hearts than vogue or rescue me. It’s an amazing song. 

To me the spoken bridge sounds like Rescue Me verses. Not the actual music.

7 minutes ago, Dindi said:

OMG I NEED to hear God Control.  That's the one I've been anticipating the most!

I was like that. Then I heard it. It doesn't disappoint it's a real highlight. 10/10 the best Mirwais and Madonna can get it could sit alongside Music any day it's infectious as hell.

1 hour ago, FreeMySoul said:

So disappointed with the fans that have listened to the leaked tracks

You think that after what happened with RH some of you would have some respect for M's work and wait until release day to listen to the album

And the fact that it is being allowed to be discussed here is even worse

And fyi a friend sent me them and I chose to listen, my inbox is full of people asking where from on this website. I haven't sent any further.

GC is somewhat unsettling to me, in a good way. The controversial message she's conveying over orgasmic disco beats. She pushes the message ahead making it more digestible for the masses. I hope people take note of that.

Just now, Danmacevents said:

And fyi a friend sent me them and I chose to listen, my inbox is full of people asking where from on this website. I haven't sent any further.

atta girl

1 minute ago, Kilt said:

GC is somewhat unsettling to me, in a good way. The controversial message she's conveying over orgasmic disco beats. She pushes the message ahead making it more digestible for the masses. I hope people take note of that.

Well if the video is the drag queen one it embodies the past issues with future issues

So fitting can't wait! 

1 minute ago, Danmacevents said:

Well if the video is the drag queen one it embodies the past issues with future issues

So fitting can't wait! 

It must be it makes sense now with her athenmic message throughout the song of wake up and I remember that was the message written on the theratre it said "we need to wake up".

1 hour ago, micco said:

I know no links are allowed here, but can someone please just giva a clue as to where to find a place to listen to the songs?

Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal and Amazon Music on Friday for streaming. Music stores online and physical on Friday too..

My official review. This is based on snippet , released tracks and what else is outhere. Imho the most predominant sound of this album is deep bass and synth, with various global influences breaking away from this formula.

01. Medellìn (Madonna & Maluma) 10/10
Beatifull, nostalgic, emotional . The song changes gears seamlessly as it oscilates from ray-of-lightish aproach of the verses to catchy choruses. Sleak production make this a standout of a first single. Smart choice to make it the amiral ship of the bunch, as it does the best marriage of the main two album directions . The video is trully epic featuring even outdoor scenes, a rare treat.

02. Dark Ballet 10/10
EXperimental and heartfelt. Subtle changes made from beatiful game : the adding of hmm, yeah in the second verse worked really well.

03. God Control 10/10
If you add politics,disco , violins, choir, clunky rap, and bunch of great mellodies you get pop perfection.

04. Future (feat. Quavo) 7/10
This reggae piece, has highs an lows. Liked the ESC live rendition of the song. The beat is like nowhere to be found, but the trompets make up for it. A bit repetitive.

05. Batuka 9/10
Great energy

06. Killers Who Are Partying 9/10
Someone said that one of the Madame x actualy feats a piece of this. Experimental ballad that turns into ear candy production wise.

07. Crave (feat. Swae Lee) 10/10
Softdonna at it best. Very Bedtime Sories era smothness. Raw emotions spike trough song tight shape.

08. Crazy 9/10
Ariana Grande kind of song where Madonna show it s strenghts: making a rathr banal song in a unique piece, with the help of her voice. The cra-a-a-a-a-a-zy and lo-o-o-o-o-ca parts are beatifully sung. The cherry on the top is the portuguese spoken part

09. Come Alive 9/10 
Seems like a romantic number. Reminds of Queens and bodyshop wich can only be a good thing.

10. Extreme Occident 9/10
Easy Ride of 2019. Electro ballad right down my thirsty ears.

11. Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) 7/10
A good twerk . The only thing wrong with it is that is on an album packed with masterpieces.

12. Bitch I’m Loca (feat. Maluma) 9/10
Thsi the Diplo of the dancefloor some fans desired. Wish granted.

13. I Don’t Search I Find 10/10
People link it to other eras but i will out it like this : The essence of Madonna. At 4 minutes it seams short, it should have been 15 minutes long in order to spare us of hittinh repeat repeat repeat

14. Looking For Mercy 
Do not know much about it

15. I Rise 10/10
Great empowerement song. So many hooks trough the song. Best album closer since Voices.

After Coadf, i only cared for a half of the tracks from each album. Add in 2-3 demos from each era and i could say i got around 7-8 songs that became my classics.
But to have the an album of not a single skipper-filler song after so many years, i think i am dreaming and need to pinch myself. I think comercial succes will not surrond this album , because Madonna is no longer in the atention of GP. This should have been released after COADF. She is somehow seen as trendchaser . This time, albeit a litle too late, she searched the core of hwo the Madonna brand is in music and went it. Madame x is a Madonna classic, and time will pass this will be remembered as legendary.

Edited by dumitru

Just now, juliebean said:

love the shirt wish that the logo on the back was on the front 

I can't afford anything else though lol

Just now, FreeMySoul said:

love the shirt wish that the logo on the back was on the front 

I can't afford anything else though lol

YEA. I agree I wish the M was on the front. I wish you could buy the shirts without the albums it's so expensive.

6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

It must be it makes sense now with her athenmic message throughout the song of wake up and I remember that was the message written on the theratre it said "we need to wake up".

I wonder if there's some weird continuation of DB into GC video wise. There was a lot more filmed. Not sure how it would work

4 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I wonder if there's some weird continuation of DB into GC video wise. There was a lot more filmed. Not sure how it would work

That could be true but I think she filmed God Control first because she wanted it out first but she went with Medellin & Crave instead. 

Just now, Confessit said:

That could be true but I think she filmed  because she wanted it out first but she went with Medellin &a Crave instead. 

Perhaps. I just meant there was bits of her filmed in that outfit that we only saw her face in. Probs for the tour