Madame X album general discussion

4 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

So disappointed with the fans that have listened to the leaked tracks

You think that after what happened with RH some of you would have some respect for M's work and wait until release day to listen to the album

And the fact that it is being allowed to be discussed here is even worse

Hang in a minute there sugar lips this is different RH was leaked months before Madame X has been distributed throughout the world and sold as a product in its finished entirety.

I will still buy the album. I will still stream the music every single day next week for the Queen. I won't share links on social media with anyone to discourage the public buying the album.

Yes I've caved to listening to 2 tracks because Madonna is my addiction and my cravings are dangerous. 

59 minutes ago, Carey said:

imagine ANY pop star now (or honestly at any point) coming up with Dark Ballet and God Control as album tracks?

it can't be done, this is gonna rest comfortably in my top 3 madonna albums at this rate, just wow, her mind.

well you nailed it

8 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

You think that after what happened with RH some of you would have some respect for M's work and wait until release day to listen to the album

That's both ridiculous and judgemental. The album is finished. Some stores already have it for sale. Preorders are out in the mail. The full thing has been played to the press.

Release date is nothing but a distribution date set.

Having bought seven different formats of the album already I don't think my fandom should be questioned if I decided to listen to some of the clips out there.

Just now, bardo said:

i just listened to god control with headphones. chills. she needs to drop the video on friday. 

Now that WOULD be a treat if she did.

But I think we will have to wait until the end of the month as I think she will release it with Pride. 

OMG you guys are killing me! But I'm gonna make it to Friday, have the whole day off! I love the fact that so many people love different songs as their favorite, God Control and IDSIF getting the most love but lots loving Crazy, Come Alive, and Fas, gaaaaah I need this week to pick up the pace! And all you bitches listening to leaks I am sure you'll be buying multiple formats and streaming this like crazy come Friday! You better!

Just read a buzzfeed article about how the main pop girls are all boring now, specifically calling out Katy and Taylor for having no perspective and not evolving at all and purely chasing charts, etc, and Im just like, sorry can't relate, my favorite has completely transcended the medium at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

That's both ridiculous and judgemental. The album is finished. Some stores already have it for sale. Preorders are out in the mail. The full thing has been played to the press.

Having bought seven different formats of the album already I don't think my fandom should be questioned if I decided to listen to some of the clips out there.

+1 

13 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Yup. And I see no need at all to forbid people from discussing their impressions of the songs. 

3 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

Im sorry to have to say this because I know we will get some amazing performances...but i wish M had performed God Control at Eurovision. Would have been incredible.

Eurovision has been done to death.

But you are right. The song is amazing and would of worked for the audience. It's instant love.

But Madonna is in artist mode not for the masses mode. 

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Eurovision has been done to death.

But you are right. The song is amazing and would of worked for the audience. It's instant love.

But Madonna is in artist mode not for the masses mode. 

I know but God Control also has a very artistic, political and powerful message. Its a trip. She takes the disco language and shakes it all up.

There were reports that she was going to sing it at some point- must have changed for some reason

44 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

The fact that a the age of 60, with her 14th album, 36 years into her career, she is giving us her what is shaping up to be her most diverse, bold and unique album is just mind blowing. Pop, Reggae, Disco, Trap, House, Latin, R&B, Ballads, Nutcracker sample and god know what else. Vocal styles that are completely new for her, song structures that go off the beaten path, production from minimalist to completely overboard. Nobody even comes close! Friday should be a worldwide holiday to celebrate her brilliance!

Well said! 

So just listened to the tracks.

God Control: at first I was like, wtf is she singing like she has a dick in her mouth lol. But then the choir comes in and I got instant goosebumps. And then the disco fever starts and I was like damn. Great lyrics, great vibe, loved the use of gunshots sounds, the moment when she sang "it's a different kind of energyyyy" is to die for, as is the instrumental. The little rap is fun and very GAY which fits me lol. Experimental but still making sense (don't get me wrong, I like the fact that Dark Ballet is unique and experimental but I felt it worked way better while watching the video than as a standalone song). Wish she sang differently at the beginning but I also didn't like Crave's first verse at first for the same reason and now I completely got used to it and I think it will be the same for this one.

Crazy: Like the use of accordeons, the reference to Like a Prayer is nice. Reminds me of Crave a bit. Finally a song that I liked on first listen, hasn't happened in this era so far except for I Rise (and God Control). It's not experimental and it doesn't have to, it's instantly catchy and despite the use of autotune, I think her voice sounds good and I can understand what she says. Really great track.

I Don't Search I Find: This one I think I will need to listen to it a little bit more to fully appreciate it. Right now, I find it just good (kinda like Medellin on first listen, it's good but sometimes wished it was stronger during some parts). Has a very 90's house vibe, reminded me of Up Down Suite a lot, and the spoken parts reminded me of the Erotica album. The fans that loved her early 90's stuff will probably love this, but as a standalone track, I think there are better tracks on the album? Maybe it works better as part of the album, will check when the album drops.

Just now, Eltacubo said:

I know but God Control also has a very artistic, political and powerful message. Its a trip. She takes the disco language and shakes it all up.

There were reports that she was going to sing it at some point- must have changed for some reason

Well things certainly changed it was the first video she shot so obviously she wanted it as lead but it changed. 

35 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Honey, i ordered 13 (!!!) different formats of the album. So please don't accuse me of anything!!!

8 minutes ago, Hapertje said:

Honey, i ordered 13 (!!!) different formats of the album. So please don't accuse me of anything!!!

Damn, girl! Love it! 

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

God Control: at first I was like, wtf is she singing like she has a dick in her mouth lol.

:dead: I am probably one of the very few who has not heard this fabulous eargasm everyone who has instead seems to be raving about, but your comment cracked me up big time!!

I cannot wait to be mesmerized by it as well 🙂

Friday cannot come any sooooooooneeer!

12 hours ago, alquemist said:

My motto until Friday: I Don‘t Search (Files), I Find (Patience / Virtue / Mindfulness / Newness / an Incredibly Fresh Listening Experience) 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽😬😬💥💥💯💯⌛⏳

👏

2 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

:dead: I am probably one of the very few who has not heard this fabulous eargasm everyone who has instead seems to be raving about, but your comment cracked me up big time!! 

I cannot wait to be mesmerized by it as well 🙂

Friday cannot come any sooooooooneeer!

I mean really before the choir comes in she kinda does this "mumble" thing she did in Crave if you know what I'm saying. After that it gets better. Probably a stylistic choice.

1 minute ago, FeTuoni said:

I don’t Idsif sounds anything like rescue me. It sounds more thief of hearts than vogue or rescue me. It’s an amazing song. 

It reminds me of Vogue the clicks and the strings.....it's got such a 90s house beat to it. It's everything LFL was stripped of in that respect. (Demo to release)

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I mean really before the choir comes in she kinda does this "mumble" thing she did in Crave if you know what I'm saying. After that it gets better. Probably a stylistic choice.

I love that part. Cant with these people thinking its anything other.