Madame X album general discussion

imagine ANY pop star now (or honestly at any point) coming up with Dark Ballet and God Control as album tracks?

it can't be done, this is gonna rest comfortably in my top 3 madonna albums at this rate, just wow, her mind.

Well, I was unsure if a Mirwais/M collaboration is a good idea and so far theirs are the very obvious stand out tracks. Even only for IDSIF their collaboration WAS NEEDED. And God Control. I am absolutely impressed by Mirwais/Madonna collaboration. I think if they wanted, they could have done an album similar to COADF and dare I say, even stronger :).

Is everybody happy with their DISCO BANGER? 😃

Cause that is seriously one of Ms best songs. It gave me chills, made me nostalgic, inspired me, uplifted me and made me WANNA DANNCE LIKE CRAZY. Uff.

M was like, “ok: im gonna give you your disco banger but its gonna have ONE HELL of a message. Here you go”

6 minutes ago, elijah said:

Well, I was unsure if a Mirwais/M collaboration is a good idea and so far theirs are the very obvious stand out tracks. Even only for IDSIF their collaboration WAS NEEDED. And God Control. I am absolutely impressed by Mirwais/Madonna collaboration. I think if they wanted, they could have done an album similar to COADF and dare I say, even stronger :).

My thoughts exactly. This feels slightly less polished/slick, more organic than Confessions. Wow.

10 minutes ago, elijah said:

It's brilliant. I had high expectations when I heard the 2 Ms were back in the studio together and I am blown away.

Madonna has just added yet more delicious music to her incredible catalogue. 

32 minutes ago, T0pher said:

I think I may be the only one who isn't in love with God Control, I find a little boring.

Crazy is by far my favourite song from the album I've heard so far. IDSIF is pretty awesome, reminds of of the unreleased Erotica demos

boring? I think you listened to "god is love" demo that's being shared around. people say it's god control when it's not

Just now, Nikki said:

boring? I think you listened to "god is love" demo that's being shared around. people say it's god control when it's not

no it's God Control, I know what God Is Love is, I've had it since 2015.  the beat is great but I'm just not into it. I much prefer Crazy

17 minutes ago, elijah said:

Absolutely... 

the great thing about Mirwais is that he's able to give her a wide range of styles and moods so she doesn't have to work with too many collaborators and thus have the album feel disjointed and all over the place

he manages to keep a common thread throughout all these moods and rythms, it's a journey and I'm loving every second of it

I'm blown away

10 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

Is everybody happy with their DISCO BANGER? 😃

Cause that is seriously one of Ms best songs. It gave me chills, made me nostalgic, inspired me, uplifted me and made me WANNA DANNCE LIKE CRAZY. Uff.

M was like, “ok: im gonna give you your disco banger but its gonna have ONE HELL of a message. Here you go”

Happy? I'm ecstatic. 

This is Madonna at her best. I adore the full range of flavours she has produced from what I've heard thus far on the album it's so varied and vast but these moments of eurphria diSco are lush.

25 minutes ago, elijah said:

i agree. if you look at the songs he co-wrote/co-produced on confessions, they're some of the best on the album (future lovers, let it will be, fighting spirit...even super pop!). 

Edited by bardo

As I've been saying for months, Portugal looks just like the place where things happened and not the influence: Faz Gostoso, despite being a previous Luso hit, is sang with Brazilian accent which kinda cancels the theory and (other than the blue tiles on the album art photos and the Billboard performance scenario, which are visual aspects) so far I've heard zero Portuguese input.

6 minutes ago, Rock said:

As I've been saying for months, Portugal looks just like the place where things happened and not the influence: Faz Gostoso, despite being a previous Luso hit, is sang with Brazilian accent which kinda cancels the theory and (other than the blue tiles on the album art photos and the Billboard performance scenario, which are visual aspects) so far I've heard zero Portuguese input.

So far we havent heard half of the albumx There will be more Portuguese influence in the album than just the tiles Im sure.

Also i think she was inspired by the soulfulness, nostalgia and artistry of Lisbon/ Fado/ Portugal and made that into a  madonna/ global sounding album. So at the core Lisbon is there in the dna of the record and the fact that she seems more inspired than in a LONG time with her music (although I think she was inspired for Rebel Heart as well but not as much).

Wouldbt be surprised if she releases an ep of fado songs eventually.

5 minutes ago, juliebean said:

which song is the disco banger song?

God Control is certainly disco eurphoria.....I think it must be that one I haven't heard any of the others but I think there's elements of disco in a few songs. 

Mirwais has worked his magic. God Control make the speakers bleed.

The fact that a the age of 60, with her 14th album, 36 years into her career, she is giving us her what is shaping up to be her most diverse, bold and unique album is just mind blowing. Pop, Reggae, Disco, Trap, House, Latin, R&B, Ballads, Nutcracker sample and god know what else. Vocal styles that are completely new for her, song structures that go off the beaten path, production from minimalist to completely overboard. Nobody even comes close! Friday should be a worldwide holiday to celebrate her brilliance!

17 minutes ago, Rock said:

I get what you mean, but influence should not be understood so literally. What I understand when she speaks about being influenced by the music in Portugal is that she got in touch with the most different music styles and she wanted to do music which reflects this variety. I haven't listened to the album yet (for obvious reasons: it hasn't been released yet 🤣) but from the songs, visuals and descriptions we have so far it does look like it makes sense for her to speak about influence an I totally get it, even if there is no striking Portuguese influenced song on the album. It doesn't have to be so

Edited by Geiger83

How can anyone after all these years question her talents. This is going to be. Highlight. Not a revisit of past hits, not a jazz album, this is going to be a phenomenal pop album. People who don't hear this album are going to miss out. I'm in love with what I've heard so far. 

2 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

The fact that a the age of 60, with her 14th album, 36 years into her career, she is giving us her what is shaping up to be her most diverse, bold and unique album is just mind blowing. Pop, Reggae, Disco, Trap, House, Latin, R&B, Ballads, Nutcracker sample and god know what else. Vocal styles that are completely new for her, song structures that go off the beaten path, production from minimalist to completely overboard. Nobody even comes close! Friday should be a worldwide holiday to celebrate her brilliance!

Oh my God! Every description makes me want to listen to this album more and more!!! I won't listen to any leak and will try not to be euphoric till friday😜😜😜😜😜😜

Just now, Danmacevents said:

How can anyone after all these years question her talents. This is going to be. Highlight. Not a revisit of past hits, not a jazz album, this is going to be a phenomenal pop album. People who don't hear this album are going to miss out. I'm in love with what I've heard so far. 

I agree she is still the Queen. She never wasn't.

4 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

100% 

she still has so much creativity and inventiveness within her, it's unbelivable

1 minute ago, micco said:

I know no links are allowed here, but can someone please just giva a clue as to where to find a place to listen to the songs?

NO. 

1 hour ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

This era feels a little bit as if she would have released Isaac and Push as first Confessions singles or Candy Perfume Girl and Shanti/Ashtangi as first Ray of Light singles. I understand her concept of giving something back to Portugal and Latin culture, but it's a very risky decision to release so many commercially weak tracks (apart from Medellin) before the album release. It seems she wants to save GC and IDSIF for the NYC Pride and focus on longevity instead of a short massive impact. Maybe it pays off that she still has so many aces up her sleeve.

I hope it doesnt backfire as low album sales

GP needs to hear the brilliance of this album in full and forget about eurovision

So disappointed with the fans that have listened to the leaked tracks

You think that after what happened with RH some of you would have some respect for M's work and wait until release day to listen to the album

And the fact that it is being allowed to be discussed here is even worse

7 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

💃👏👏💃