Madame X album general discussion

1 minute ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

This era feels a little bit as if she would have released Isaac and Push as first Confessions singles or Candy Perfume Girl and Shanti/Ashtangi as first Ray of Light singles. I understand her concept of giving something back to Portugal and Latin culture, but it's a very risky decision to release so many commercially weak tracks before the album release. It seems she wants to save GC and IDSIF for the NYC Pride and focus on longevity instead of a short massive impact. Maybe it pays off that she still has so many aces up her sleeve.

If she's doing a "few songs" for Pride, I hope it has at least 3 MX songs (I Rise, GC OR IDSIF [she won't do both], and Medellin].

2 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

This era feels a little bit as if she would have released Isaac and Push as first Confessions singles or Candy Perfume Girl and Shanti/Ashtangi as first Ray of Light singles. I understand her concept of giving something back to Portugal and Latin culture, but it's a very risky decision to release so many commercially weak tracks before the album release. It seems she wants to save GC and IDSIF for the NYC Pride and focus on longevity instead of a short massive impact. Maybe it pays off that she still has so many aces up her sleeve.

I agree on this. 

Just now, karbatal said:

The record company WON'T decide if she performs Future. She decided on that. Period. 

I have a feeling that she wanted to release Dark Ballet as first single. That's my personal intuition. 

I wasn't talking about Eurovision.

I was talking about the first single.

Btw, I also have the same feeling.

1 minute ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

But I Dont Search I Find is not even rumoured to be a single... Which is blasphemy. God Control is cool, I dont like how she sings in the beginning. However its an obvious hit too. But I think IDSIF is stronger... Very strange choices for singles, when you have those two indeed.

4 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

This era feels a little bit as if she would have released Isaac and Push as first Confessions singles or Candy Perfume Girl and Shanti/Ashtangi as first Ray of Light singles. I understand her concept of giving something back to Portugal and Latin culture, but it's a very risky decision to release so many commercially weak tracks (apart from Medellin) before the album release. It seems she wants to save GC and IDSIF for the NYC Pride and focus on longevity instead of a short massive impact. Maybe it pays off that she still has so many aces up her sleeve.

i think one thing we're forgetting is that madonna doesn't really have a traditional label guiding her promo strategy. yes, things seem to be better handled than the last two eras, but you have to remember that madonna created all of these songs. if she didn't love all of them, she wouldn't have put them on her album. so maybe it's hard for her to say "this one is better than that one. this one is hit material. the fans will love this one." 

7 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

This era feels a little bit as if she would have released Isaac and Push as first Confessions singles or Candy Perfume Girl and Shanti/Ashtangi as first Ray of Light singles. I understand her concept of giving something back to Portugal and Latin culture, but it's a very risky decision to release so many commercially weak tracks (apart from Medellin) before the album release. It seems she wants to save GC and IDSIF for the NYC Pride and focus on longevity instead of a short massive impact. Maybe it pays off that she still has so many aces up her sleeve.

exact! 

4 minutes ago, elijah said:

But I Dont Search I Find is not even rumoured to be a single... Which is blasphemy. God Control is cool, I dont like how she sings in the beginning. However its an obvious hit too. But I think IDSIF is stronger... Very strange choices for singles, when you have those two indeed.

It is odd it seems to me the stronger contenders for singles are still on the album unreleased.

Its obvious Madonna wanted God Control as a lead she shot it first but I understand the campaign has been to build on her streaming profile and I totally understand that.

My only gripe is Eurovision but we have done that to death why take a song like Future with the amazing gems on X such as God Control....but I guess we live in different times in 2019.

2 minutes ago, piedmoutet said:

I don't search I don"t find..............Friday kind of soon but your positives comments make hard waiting!!!

Its sublime. Its like Erotica and Girl Gone Wild had a baby 🙂

6 minutes ago, peppermint said:

You are not  alone, the internal struggle is real!! I keep changing my mind every 8 seconds, but I decided to wait!

Friday can’t come fast enough!!!!

1 minute ago, bardo said:

i think one thing we're forgetting is that madonna doesn't really have a traditional label guiding her promo strategy. yes, things seem to be better handled than the last two eras, but you have to remember that madonna created all of these songs. if she didn't love all of them, she wouldn't have put them on her album. so maybe it's hard for her to say "this one is better than that one. this one is hit material. the fans will love this one." 

I'm sure that if she really wants a certain release she can do it. Nowadays I doubt there could be a Amazing/ Impressive Instant situation. She simply agreed on the proposed record label strategy. 

10 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Uuuuugh This description of God Control sounds so so good but I. must. not. listen.

Who else is fighting an internal struggle right now? :sneaky:

I definetly am 

4 minutes ago, bardo said:

True. I always thought that not the artist but someone else should choose the singles, because when u work so much on the songs you loose perspective what is strong and what is not. I think it was WB that chose Frozen.

Just now, elijah said:

True. I always thought that not the artist but someone else should choose the singles, because when u work so much on the songs you loose perspective what is strong and what is not. I think it was WB that chose Frozen.

It was also WB that chose 4minutes Madonna wanted Candy Shop....Madonna has admitted she is crap at picking singles.

1 minute ago, elijah said:

And they chose 4 Minutes when Madonna wanted Candy Shop. 

Just now, smirnoff_ice said:

So... god control or IDSIF ? Which one is better? Haven’t heard neither...

Both are the obvious hits, but I personally prefer IDSIF.

Just now, smirnoff_ice said:

So... god control or IDSIF ? Which one is better? Haven’t heard neither...

God Control is epic. The chants the choir the insane disco beat. I can't wait for this video. 

IDSIF has the backing music from Vogue and is very 90s housey. 

I think I may be the only one who isn't in love with God Control, I find a little boring.

Crazy is by far my favourite song from the album I've heard so far. IDSIF is pretty awesome, reminds of of the unreleased Erotica demos

Crazy seems most influenced by Portugease music I think? I feel its the song that is most inspired by fado and in the same time sounds like an anthem. Its interesting. Its simple and I in general prefer her more layered songs, but I think this is really good. Feels anthemic.

The fact that this album is only leaking track by track (at least that’s what I’m seeing) at this stage is impressive.

To those who are also still leak free, we got this! :tigger: