MADAME X album reviews

Guest eroticerotic
28 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

I have never listened to a leaked song on my life, so yeah.

That’s great! But are you sure? They are almost unavoidable at this point even doing a simple Madonna YouTube search.

This goes for every artist too. But I don’t think many others can say thT honestly. So the finger wagging is corny. 

the point was that, in the mx  case nothing wrong was done. Everything listened to was released and official or leaked in Madonna’s own ig. I think we all deserve a pat on the back! 

This was 4 years!

Guest jamesshot

No other. No other. Which one of her peers would make something like this? And by peers, I mean chart toppers. Prince? That is all I can think of. No other pop girl could, would, will do this. IMO. 

The reviews are very consistent. Some border on giving too much of the credit to Mirwais or Mike Dean. This is Madonna. They are brilliant but this is Madonna. She is a brilliant song-crafter. Brilliant. 

I am digesting the album. I'm actually not threw with it yet. But this woman is a true artist. 

No other. None.

It’s becoming apparent that the average reviews are coming from those who can’t separate Madonna from the music,  however when reviewers focus on the music, the reviews are glowing 

2 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

You’d think that after 37 years of consistent, quality music that she, not the producers, would be recognized as the driving force behind the artistry of her records.  

Three words: She’s a woman.

3 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

You’d think that after 37 years of consistent, quality music that she, not the producers, would be recognized as the driving force behind the artistry of her records.  

And having in mind most of them have a moderate success when not linked to her. But no, it must be only them.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment-and-culture/2019/6/14/18679440/madonna-madame-x-album-review-trying-too-hard-mess

Meh. Not posting the text. White man reviewing....

Ok...this sentence...Madonna here is sticking with the same gimmick that made her a mega-star: borrow cool stuff from others — voguing, Marlene Dietrich, Latin music, EDM — and adopt it as her own. 

Anger inducing. As if she's never ever ever ever done anything original in her life and she's a mega star because she steals. 

5 hours ago, boy skeffington said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sheilacallaham/2019/06/14/madonnas-madame-x-a-blueprint-for-multigenerational-multicultural-artistry/#718e3d4a1dbe

Interesting article...

"Madame X is, at its core, a model strategy for diversity and inclusion with Madonna the executive sponsor driving it to fruition..."

Insightful essay!

1 minute ago, HolidayGuy said:

The Associated Press and Chicago Sun-Times reviews will probably bring the score down below 70. More positive reviews that *count* where are ya? 😄

Chicago sun times doesn’t count or are they considered the tribune? 

1 minute ago, HolidayGuy said:

The Associated Press and Chicago Sun-Times reviews will probably bring the score down below 70. More positive reviews that *count, where are ya? 😄

The Chicago Sun Times reviewer is listed as AP, Entertainment Writer...maybe it's the same?  If not AP hates her and they shouldn't get two counted reviews. 

^Yep, I just checked- same writer and review. For sure it shouldn't count twice.

And, nope, neither count (easy to be tricked if you look at the Movies list of publications lol)

13 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment-and-culture/2019/6/14/18679440/madonna-madame-x-album-review-trying-too-hard-mess

Ok...this sentence...Madonna here is sticking with the same gimmick that made her a mega-star: borrow cool stuff from others — voguing, Marlene Dietrich, Latin music, EDM — and adopt it as her own. 

Anger inducing. As if she's never ever ever ever done anything original in her life and she's a mega star because she steals. 

trying too hard at what? appealing to the arty world music community which is known to dominate the charts? so out of touch. 

Edited by bardo

12 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

Americans are known to be pretty stupid , i'm sorry but Americans are incredibly stupid 

22 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

You mean, liberal woke SJW white man reviewing it

Again liberals eat their own, they don't stick by each other

15 minutes ago, TXIII said:

Chicago sun times doesn’t count or are they considered the tribune? 

12 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

^Yep, I just checked- same writer and review. For sure it shouldn't count twice.

And, nope, neither count (easy to be tricked if you look at the Movies list of publications lol)

Yes those are all the same, luckily it doesn't count it's the worst one yet

Guest jamesshot

They have to stick with the narrative they created about Madonna or their world will crumble and their beliefs shaken. 

1 hour ago, boy skeffington said:

https://www.breatheheavy.com/madonna-madame-x-review/

MADONNA IS MANY THINGS ON NEW HER ALBUM, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY… SHE’S ‘MADAME X’ (REVIEW)

(can't get it to paste)

MADON

RX-AD.jpg

NA IS MADONNA IS MANY THINGS ON NEW HER ALBUM, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY… SHE’S ‘MADAME X’ (REVIEW)MANY THINGS ON NEW HER ALBUM, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY… SHE’S ‘MADAME X’ (REVIEW)

27 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

Americans are known to be pretty stupid , i'm sorry but Americans are incredibly stupid 

I agree and the only reviews i kinda respect are the british ones.