MADAME X album reviews

54 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

:lol:

The fact this word keeps coming up in so many reviews proves this is an M album on another level.

I too find it bizarre at times but to me that's a compliment. I LOVE when Madonna does bizarre. The Music album was a little bizarre back in 2000 as well!

😂

0F06A5C1-8FA9-4D77-BD44-81F1318B54E3.gif

2 hours ago, fandonna said:

Now that’s a real review. Much more insightful than the other reviews which sound like they written in a rush barely describing the songs or correctly at all. Or even just mentioning more than a couple of the song titles in the reviews! :doh:

11 minutes ago, Shane said:

I am so intrigued by the various descriptions of Come Alive.

The song is LIFE! I just heard it full blast on my big speakers. Bodyshop on a healthy dose of steroids. It’s so good! Pop perfection. 

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

Still no Rolling Stone on MC, which is odd. Their review came out first!

it's true! I did not understand if the article has already come out or not, the photo of the review if I remember correctly was the magazine already printed. is it a weekly or a monthly one?

6 minutes ago, Shaun said:

The review is nowhere to be found at their site

Here was the RS review that I personally took a photo of. It’s from the June issue, currently on newsstands. Not sure why it hasn’t been added to the Rolling Stone site.

A8BA9BE2-7F10-4C03-ADF6-1048FA941282.jpeg

So, last time the complaining was about "chasing trends", now its "bizarre" and "using autotune to hide old broken voice"

Do they know how ridicilous that is?

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

That has me worried. Neeeeed her MC score to stay in the high 70s. 

6 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

So, last time the complaining was about "chasing trends", now its "bizarre" and "using autotune to hide old broken voice"

Do they know how ridicilous that is?

But they listed her 4,5 stars! And at least they had some arguments why. I think its a well balanced review. I hate the ones that praise the album throughout than rate it 3. No bitch, it must be 5 if u didn't complain. I m happy with the score and believe me, a lot of ppl outside of this forum (and maybe some in here) have problem with the autotune. I think its an artistic choice definitely here, but I think it would have sounded great without it also.

5 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

That has me worried. Neeeeed her MC score to stay in the high 70s. 

I think 99% sure she will stay in the 75-80 range, which is much better than her last 3 albums and as good as Confessions and Music.

13 minutes ago, elijah said:

But they listed her 4,5 stars! And at least they had some arguments why. I think its a well balanced review. I hate the ones that praise the album throughout than rate it 3. No bitch, it must be 5 if u didn't complain. I m happy with the score and believe me, a lot of ppl outside of this forum (and maybe some in here) have problem with the autotune. I think its an artistic choice definitely here, but I think it would have sounded great without it also.

I remember how people absolutely hated her using autotune on Music and AL and later loving those albums

Now theres the added narrative that her voice is gone which is harked back to plain old ageism, im sure