Madonna on Vanity Fair Italia (June)

• 2 weeks later...

She's shot a bazillion glorious, fresh photo shoots with about a dozen glorious, fresh looks and they use this? To say I'm baffled is a serious understatement.

3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Oh good lord....she looks amazing. 

Cut the fuckin dramatics for once!!

Who cares if it's an older pic??

Exactly :rotfl:

It was for the HB 150th anniversary issue

It was two years ago, not twenty

And people in Italy did not get to see this shoot

Big deal

Oo! I could be mistaken — I need to look back at the original Harper’s Bazaar — but I think there are a couple never-before-seen images here. I don’t remember the fan one. Maybe the color ones in the hallway were in b&w or something, because those look new as well. I don’t remember the veil shot where you can’t see her face as clearly (where she is seated, leaning) either. It’s very clearly and obviously the same shoot, but I don’t recall those shots.

I loved that video that served as a teaser for the shoot at the time. I remember she said it was inspired by F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Beautiful and the Damned.

Translation

Madonna doesn't talk. She glares. As soon as we meet, before the presentation, she says: "I like your Gucci trousers". I understand immediately: she's not paying me a compliment. She's X-raying me. Or better yet, it's a test, as she continues: "I have changed my dress for you, guess the designer". I look at her, briefly pondering my answer and I reply it's an Alexander McQueen.

"We're already starting poorly", she says. "I'll give you another chance, it's from an Italian designer who doesn't work in Italy". "Oh, I see, then it's too easy, the dress is by Riccardo". "Very well, you're getting better" she smiles. "It's a Riccardo Tisci for Burberry".

London, inside of a building, second floor, security everywhere. Behind a door a troupe of people is moving around like a tribe protecting their idol. In the darkness a cone of light is framing Madonna, in the flesh she's of a disarming beauty. The eyes first of all. Blue and magnetic. She's petite, almost fragile. Unexpectedly maternal. A few feet away, far from the lights, her twin daughters are drawing on a white paper.

Madonna, as if sitting on a throne, bears resemblance to Giacomo Puccini's Turandot, a princess legend depicts being icy. In reality you cannot detect any power thirst, behind a mask of harshness and a desire to test everyone. Just a desire for confrontation. But the challenge continues. "I'm a little bit tired now so I'm going to wear my sunglasses" she flatly states. "But if you ask me some truly interesting question, I swear I will take them off"

To be continued soon  :laugh:

6 hours ago, peter said:

Oo! I could be mistaken — I need to look back at the original Harper’s Bazaar — but I think there are a couple never-before-seen images here.

I think so too!