Madonna @ Graham Norton show (June 14th)

1 hour ago, peter said:

Absolutely! The funniest moment to me! That and the baby announcement quip from M about Sir Ian.

Gorgeous! Wish we’d seen this moment — she might have been more comfortable that way.

Oh and yes, thanks to those who posted the clip of M introducing the show. So interesting in the still shot how the audience does seem just in utter awe of her!

She was amazing on the sofa when the rest of the guests left. She didn’t loads of funny poses. And made jokes about how much she hates to share 😂

3 hours ago, peter said:

I think your analysis is fair and objective, @Herfaceremains ... always enjoy reading your posts. I do think there might be a few moments the uninitiated might find off-putting, simply because they fail to understand her humor. I think there were moments that balanced it out, too, though — when asked if she was nervous, she pretty quickly turned to Danny Boyle and involved him in the conversation, asking if it were not the same for him when he has a film being released. That shows some humility and awareness that others are in the room, too, and was less egocentric than she might be accused of. Even with Glastonbury and Pride — some might think it was M making it about herself — but, although it was sweet of Sheryl to invite her, it is a little preposterously presumptuous to think M isn’t busy with things on the heels of an album release and the lead-up to a tour. (Still, I’m glad Sheryl made the offer!)

By the way, little moment, I loved when Lily interjected, “Because I stole it!” when they were having a laugh about Graham’s “missing copy” of the vinyl (which Madonna revealed as a fake)... haha! I thought it was sweet that Lily was basically indicating she was a fan and wanted to get her hands on a copy of the new album! 

Thanks @peter!

I agree with you, but I always know when a Madonna appearance will rile up the peanut gallery. She’s Madonna. She acts how she acts, and no one will ever accuse her of pandering! That’s why many of us have loved and followed her journey so closely for so long. 

Does anyone know if the Q&A will be used for anything? There were notices that it was being filmed, maybe it will come up on Vevo??? Also I found it so bizarre that she wasn't the musical guest on the show, she has an album out! 

Btw on Graham Norton's radio show they briefly talked about the interview but mainly about her tight outfit and get being such a star. Then Graham said about the 'audience with' that he'd never experienced such reverence from an audience and people had come from everywhere round the world.

4 hours ago, JWAD said:

Does anyone know if the Q&A will be used for anything? There were notices that it was being filmed, maybe it will come up on Vevo??? Also I found it so bizarre that she wasn't the musical guest on the show, she has an album out! 

Did she perform on Jonathan Ross last time? I know she didn't do anything on Graham Norton for MDNA.

18 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Btw on Graham Norton's radio show they briefly talked about the interview but mainly about her tight outfit and get being such a star. Then Graham said about the 'audience with' that he'd never experienced such reverence from an audience and people had come from everywhere round the world.

Did she perform on Jonathan Ross last time? I know she didn't do anything on Graham Norton for MDNA.

Yes she performed Loving For Love and of I recall correctly, Ghosttown too.

Loved it. She is so funny, honest and unpredictable. Those boobies, omg 🤪

But, Madonna dear, I love you to bits but telling your own life story in a biopic has to be the worst idea ever. I pray to god it never happens. 

2 minutes ago, jasray said:

How the hell did Madonna and an eastenders actor end up on the same couch?? And I've never heard of this Lily girl... 

He's in a new film! And she's from mamma Mia 2!

12 minutes ago, jasray said:

How the hell did Madonna and an eastenders actor end up on the same couch?? And I've never heard of this Lily girl... 

10 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

He's in a new film! And she's from mamma Mia 2!

Her big break (as far as I know) was playing Cinderella in the recent live action remake by Disney.

9 hours ago, jasray said:

They were in Danny Boyle's new film.

That's the great thing about his show though in that he puts a real mix of guests together.

14 hours ago, Lolo said:

But, Madonna dear, I love you to bits but telling your own life story in a biopic has to be the worst idea ever. I pray to god it never happens. 

Why? I think she will be the perfect director for this when she is .................................... 99. Till then, we want as many albums as possible!

22 hours ago, jonski43 said:

She wasn't promoting MDNA, it was the film W./E. The album hadn't been announced yet

From now on, I feel like I need to prepare myself mentally for every major TV appearance because each one will be followed by outrage.:chuckle:

26 minutes ago, Nick said:

From now on, I feel like I need to prepare myself mentally for every major TV appearance because each one will be followed by outrage.:chuckle:

Yup , same but don’t mention it again in here or you’ll be laughed at and labelled paranoid . 

2 hours ago, JWAD said:

She wasn't promoting MDNA, it was the film W./E. The album hadn't been announced yet

She announced the album title on the show and she could have done masterpiece saying it was from the forthcoming album but missed opportunities seems to be an ongoing thing fur the last ten years.

Just watch the show after returning from holiday and...

it was v.good! She was funny & engaging.

Graham did a really good job of asking some in-depth questions for a ‘chat show’ - the other guests looked fascinated by what she had to say!

Just now, Lolasmommy said:

Just watch the show after returning from holiday and...

it was v.good! She was funny & engaging.

Graham did a really good job of asking some in-depth questions for a ‘chat show’ - the other guests looked fascinated by what she had to say!

Yes... and look when she enters. They are all looking like star struck in front of her. She has such a special aura. 

I finally got the time to watch the show last night....she wasn't rude or anything, she just wasn't 'likeable'. you could tell she was in a mood...she oozed arrogant bad bitch vibes without really having to saying anything😂 Imagine handling her when she's like that 😅

This has been advertised all week in Australia with Piers Morgan's quotes, edited around any little moment of M sass they could find.

Just watched the show in trepidation though... and loved it! She was funny, interesting and magnetic.

On 6/19/2019 at 10:25 AM, Andra said:

I finally got the time to watch the show last night....she wasn't rude or anything, she just wasn't 'likeable'. you could tell she was in a mood...she oozed arrogant bad bitch vibes without really having to saying anything😂 Imagine handling her when she's like that 😅

I still don't c were u lot get all this or others wanting to stage an intervention cuz she wore a fucking corset... I mean Madonna wearing a corset... Really.. Won't somebody think of the potential public reaction!? A lot people on this forum just need a good seeing 2. Not you of course 😉

On 6/19/2019 at 9:25 AM, Andra said:

I think she has a touch of social anxiety if you ask me because she doesn't seem entirely comfortable in some of her TV chat show interviews. I think this is why she loses the likeable aspect. I don't think it's just the corset!

9 minutes ago, Elysium said:

I think she has a touch of social anxiety if you ask me because she doesn't seem entirely comfortable in some of her TV chat show interviews. I think this is why she loses the likeable aspect. I don't think it's just the corset!

Of course. It gets worse if she is in front of an audience of her peers (See her hands shaking during Sooner or Later at the Oscars for example). This is one of many reasons why she is my hero. Her struggle with anxiety, and ultimately her perseverance in spite of it inspires me everyday.

As a performer, she is most comfortable around her fans.

Edited by Urien

1 hour ago, Urien said:

Of course. It gets worse if she is in front of an audience of her peers (See her hands shaking during Sooner or Later at the Oscars for example). This is one of many reasons why she is my hero. Her struggle with anxiety, and ultimately her perseverance in spite of it inspires me everyday.

As a performer, she is most comfortable around her fans.

Yes, I love and appreciate her for the exact same reasons. It's amazing how she has coped with anxiety and stage fright for all these years. You could tell she was visibly nervous at some of her most high profile performances like the Super Bowl in 2012 and Eurovision this year. It would be fascinating to get inside her mind!

On 16 June 2019 at 10:38 AM, luluthecat said:

It’s so strange seeing all these reactions compared to actually being there as I was. She was an absolute hoot!!!!!!!! And everyone loved it (so I thought) including Ian McKellen, she doing loads of and banter and being incredibly funny (and friendly!!!) even when the cameras weren’t looking.

.....its so strange how people find Graham Norton’s sarcastic humour so funny and then when Madonna plays off it she’s called “rude” and “bitchy”........it really f**ks me off! He’s laughing along too, I don’t get how anyone can see otherwise 🤷‍♂️

Exactly. Even tv chat shows are edited for dramatic effect, so context can be lost.

Strange that Madonna gets flack for supposed attitude when a lot of what we see/hear/read these days is driven by bad attitudes from media to social platforms. Madonna's authenticity can be affronting to those used to safe spaces and virtue signalling bollocks.

48 minutes ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

Madonna's authenticity can be affronting to those used to safe spaces and virtue signalling bollocks.

:clap: including to some of Madonna fans, as we have seen...