Madonna @ Graham Norton show (June 14th)

My only take away was at the start she appeared bothered by all the talk of Ian's age. She was probably thinking there's so much to ask him and they choose to focus on his 80th bday. That's just my thinking but other than that she seemed perfectly fine. 

1 hour ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

So Madonna was basically just being Madonna 🙄

Next.

Yep. I don’t have any time for the usual suspects trashing Madonna. She’s just released an amazing album, adding to her already amazing career. Her fans have her back. I’m listening to the album as I type this too. 😘

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

that person sitting on the right from her.. I recognise him but can't remember from where (😊)he was giggling and seemed so excited to see her. he looked like a fan

Danny Boyle. Director of Trainspotting (or Trainthpotting in M's grill speak)

Interview was fine but kinda pointless as a plug for the album.

4 minutes ago, Nikki said:

that person sitting on the right from her.. I recognise him but can't remember from where (😊)he was giggling and seemed so excited to see her. he looked like a fan

That's Danny Boyle ,the director

Just now, Kim said:

Danny Boyle. Director of Trainspotting (or Trainthpotting in M's grill speak)

Interview was fine but kinda pointless as a plug for the album.

No effect at all ,at least on itunes

1 minute ago, sotos8 said:

No effect at all ,at least on itunes

I'd rather she just came on at the end as the musical guest (with 2 songs maybe) tbh. 

3 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Is this the fucking twilight zone? I don’t get the hysteria in thread AT ALL. She didn’t seem particularly out of the ordinary here. And who gives a fuck about Twitter? It’s overrun by twisted bots who get their cue to flip out with fake outrage at every major Madonna appearance.

Ha! Absolute lunatic. I can't say I'm that surprised, sadly.

She was fine. Maybe a bit nervous/stiff in parts. And the way she was sat/the grillz meant she sounded quieter than the others. She's more guarded in a way than she's ever been which is no surprise given the shit she gets for every little thing she does. I enjoyed the moments where her personality came through more, like talking about the kid who won the talent contest, calling out her shitty ex, the stuff with Sheryl Crow was nice too. I did notice how Ian McKellen was the only one not gushing over her and why the hell should he? I'd like to sit in a room with those two, I bet it would get interesting. All in all she was fine, becoming more and more eccentric which isn't a bad thing. 

And those BOOBS! 

4 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Is this the fucking twilight zone? I don’t get the hysteria in thread AT ALL. She didn’t seem particularly out of the ordinary here. And who gives a fuck about Twitter? It’s overrun by twisted bots who get their cue to flip out with fake outrage at every major Madonna appearance.

Weird.. 🤨 Just, weird.

I just watched it and thought she was funny and charming. Of course, she expected to be treated like the queen she is and it showed, but I don't think she was ever rude. It was very entertaining to see Danny Boyle sort-of fangirling out, totally adorable. And love that she was sweet as pie to Sheryl Crow...just goes to show you that even if she'd HAD read/heard about Sheryl's comments some time ago (and it's possible she never did,) Madonna was nonplussed. She only remembered their last personal interaction where they shared a moment of solidarity.

Also thought it was hilarious that Madonna interacted with Ian McKellen as though she were only vaguely familiar with his work and he were some random actor. I imagine he is quite used to people prostrating themselves before him, but not this is Madonna we're talking about! :lmao:

Edited by Priceless
Clarity.

I have been living in the UK for over 10 years now, but I feel that people here - and yes I know I'm generalising - are becoming nastier and nastier. Not just with Madonna, but in general, really.

If you look at the state of this country right now, it feels like it's moving backwards!

On a different note, a nice tweet that I came across that I think reflects a lot of where the nastiness is coming from:

Great interview... I don't see why people are saying she was cold or whatever she was fine I do think she was uncomfortable sitting on that couch, though.

1 hour ago, headonfire said:

Just rewatched it, and there's absolutely nothing wrong in her appearance. Those who hater, will always find something nasty to say! Just look at Piers Morgan! 

No thanks, Piers is gross. 😉

I’m so fucking tired of these people, maybe this generation who don’t get artists. They don’t understand what mystique is, the nuance and many shades artist has. If you’re not squeaky clean or the super approachable girl next door you are a weird, bizarre... whatever they say about Madonna. These people have no imagination and they lost their capacity to think by themselves. I’m really about to cut off all social media. Can’t stand it anymore.

2 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

I’m so fucking tired of these people, maybe this generation who don’t get artists. They don’t understand what mystique is, the nuance and many shades artist has. If you’re not squeaky clean or the super approachable girl next door you are a weird, bizarre... whatever they say about Madonna. These people have no imagination and they lost their capacity to think by themselves. I’m really about to cut off all social media. Can’t stand it anymore.

no. you're allowed to be a little different. if you're a man. they won't say anything about Elton John and wouldn't have had a problem with prince being pretentious.

I just watched the full episode, she was cute and funny through out, I thought her and Sir Ian got on quite well, natural. What’s the issue?

Just now, tasteinmen said:

I just watched the full episode, she was cute and funny through out, I thought her and Sir Ian got on quite well, natural. What’s the issue?

Only God knows what the issue is 

3 minutes ago, justinian said:

And...funny how Sheryl was dressed yesterday 😂

2592D9B6-52AD-473C-92AA-DA6C9312EE27.jpeg

I know! I was thinking last night the outfit/styling for Sheryl Crow could have been a little bit like Music-era M (T-shirts and pants like that). 

Sheryl started to say something about Paris fashion week or something, so that might have been later than the baby shower or Music release party. (I guess that photo was Music release, but in one of those photos with Gwen Stefani and Sheryl Crow, M was holding a baby outfit, no?)

1 hour ago, headonfire said:

I have been living in the UK for over 10 years now, but I feel that people here - and yes I know I'm generalising - are becoming nastier and nastier. Not just with Madonna, but in general, really.

If you look at the state of this country right now, it feels like it's moving backwards!

Indeed...