Madonna @ Graham Norton show (June 14th)

55 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Yes!! That's the real news of this interview. Sounds like some heavy focus is going to be put on the musical aspect of the show!!

The Casio has been put back into the closet! 🙂

Yeah and it's not going to be acoustic either which is great. 

I love the part where she said she didn't like the word 'residency' and Graham did 'stint'. He's very good and she clearly likes him.

To anyone that went to the recording, was anything edited out?

51 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Yes!! That's the real news of this interview. Sounds like some heavy focus is going to be put on the musical aspect of the show!!

The Casio has been put back into the closet! 🙂

Yes! I’m hopeful the piano player from Lisbon (I think he played for the Met Gala, and I suspect perhaps it is he who played on Dark Ballet, too?) will be one of the musicians joining her... And is it too much to hope for the live horns, too? Could be used on Future and on Come Alive! Not to mention back catalogue (VOGUE) — and your MAGNIFICENT suggestion, @Kurt420, for her to do the more original album arrangement of Express Yourself! :wow:

I saw no problems with the interview? I think it was in keeping with the style of the show — mixing it up between folks. Yes, her corset was giving her issues, but she admitted it right out of the gate, and it accounted for her sometimes limited movement and her posture... I thought there were some cute interactions, including playful ribbing. She did really seem sweet with Sir Ian after they showed the Hugh Jackman clip. (Who wouldn’t melt for Hugh?! :inlove: I mean, I melt for M first, but Hugh might be next on the list. Insert Taron Egerton meme here! lol!)

I think Sheryl said something like she has two young kids so she knows where she stands with them...? I wasn’t sure what she meant, but I think it was self-deprecating in tone, rather than catty at M, but who knows. It could’ve been real uncomfortable, but I don’t think it was.

I heard Lily make some cute “yay!” like comments and that was sweet.

M made me LOL several times — “She’s dead now” especially! The birth announcement thing with Sir Ian. It was cute. She is so quick and clever! Love her forever.

I’m so confused. I was there and loved it. I loved her last time she was on the show too. She’s got a sarcastic sense of humour - she always has. She’s never been warm and lovie-dovey, she’s Madonna.

I think people today just like to see their female (nobody would call out Elton John) stars giving out lots hug, tears and fake gratitude eg. Lady Gaga. 

Wow, yeah, I just watched the whole thing.

Some of you guys have really lost your minds. How was this in any way anything other than Madonna simply being Madonna? She swallowed up the entire room. Madonna is still the same captivating star she was in say, 1984 or 1991 or 2000 or 2012. That's no easy feat. Acko referred to Madonna's perceived irrelevance being a total red herring, and this is a good example of that. The scrutiny she gets from ever her own fans. She's still an enigma! 

Anyway, the interview was fabulous and she exuded confidence and old school bitchy aloofness. It's her thing, just let her do her already.

16 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Wow, yeah, I just watched the whole thing.

Some of you guys have really lost your minds. How was this in any way anything other than Madonna simply being Madonna?

I was gonna write the same, like verbatim...except i was gonna say BATSHIT CRAZY or FUCKING NUTS and or retarded.
Just watched it, I forgot I had recorded it yesterday.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

She seemed very nervous and not wanting to be there. Her body language - turned away from Graham, legs closed - seemed to translate that. The interview was ok, nothing wrong with it.

1 hour ago, Profane said:

Piers Morgan has been tweeting saying she was vain, obnoxious, rude and looked ridiculous. That man is an actual bully; all a bit rich coming from him. 

Piss Morgan is still alive?

If she sat there and said nothing, someone would moan. If she wore a frumpy dress someone would moan. If she hugged, Air kissed everyone and licked their backsides someone would moan.

lets face it, whatever she does the moaners would come out. She can’t win.

i loved her humour. She’s quick witted and sharp and yes maybe a bit nervous, but she held her own and on that sofa there was only one person and that was Madonna. She lit the studio like a spotlight. A little woman with a huge presence. I wish I was the guy in the audience she focused on. Actually, no I don’t. I’d do something stupid and faint or wet myself!!!

Is this the fucking twilight zone? I don’t get the hysteria in thread AT ALL. She didn’t seem particularly out of the ordinary here. And who gives a fuck about Twitter? It’s overrun by twisted bots who get their cue to flip out with fake outrage at every major Madonna appearance.

I didn't think it was bad at all.  I have no idea what people are talking about . I kind of enjoyed it .

42 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Is this the fucking twilight zone? I don’t get the hysteria in thread AT ALL. She didn’t seem particularly out of the ordinary here. And who gives a fuck about Twitter? It’s overrun by twisted bots who get their cue to flip out with fake outrage at every major Madonna appearance.

STAY MAD.

This is a (talk)show that builds up around bringing lightness to any subject matter and mostly, through humour. She was never a group person, nor a sugary one, so if she accepted to be there she made her best out being there, so she brought in Madonna toghether with her (not everyone cup of tea) humour....And it was, just how it  should have been given the circumstances.

I honestly don't understand what everyone's talking about. I didn't sense any hint of "shade" or "beef" between M and Ian. And Sheryl hugged her and invited her to Glastonbury. :dazed:

Wait, what? I just watched the interview on this page, why is there negative reactions from fans here?  That's always been the MADONNA we knew since the 80s. 

10 minutes ago, LVX said:

I honestly don't understand what everyone's talking about. I didn't sense any hint of "shade" or "beef" between M and Ian. And Sheryl hugged her and invited her to Glastonbury. :dazed:

Beef between her and Ian? Oh gawd, those fans can't be M fans if they can't read M's sense of humour. 

I was so hesitant to watch so I just pulled myself together prepare for the worse and there was nothing out of the Madonna ordinary. She said herself the corset was too tight couldn’t sit properly and I think she was trying not give her back to the other guests while she was being interviewed she seemed fine really.

saw it again

there was NOTHING wrong with it

Madonna being Madonna

everyone else there was IN AWE of her, as they should.

LOVED IT

end of

P.S: I've watched several of Graham's shows over the years, I don't recall his couch being that crowded.