Madonna @ Graham Norton show (June 14th)

5 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Um..oh my wow...sorry but that was HARD..actually, *sorry-ish but kind of cringe to watch!😯🤔😖  second one/instant (demeanor, tone, etc..). One of her worst interviews? Makes Letterman 1994 look iconic and glorious. She was at least still her true self and didnt give a flying sh!t. She has a LOT on her mind. Who? (GP/non loon fan not sense that?) Cant remember the last time I've seen her so disconnected, disinterested, meh about an era/life, insecure and somewhat 'troubled'. But w/ M theres never NO reason for her acting, speaking, moving, etc etc..a certain way. 😞 

Ok was it really this bad or are you maybe over analyzing it just a touch 

I mean for real

19 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Ok was it really this bad or are you maybe over analyzing it just a touch 

I mean for real

I'll re-watch..no doubt it lol. I can't ever not love seeing/hearing her even on her 'worst' days. Her worst days are still 200% better and more interesting than 90% of who/what we have to listen to and watch today.

Was just the first overall (and instant) analysis. It's just my opinion. Of course many, many others will and have every right to disagree, see/hear something different. But..it's one of those things where if you turn the sound off and just look at the body language, demeanour etc...she just looks very distracted w/ something and uptight.

Like i said it's rare if ever there's NO reason for her to be like that. Again...reeked from something(s) being on her mind and one thing that seemed apparent was not being engaged or feeling this interview. That's all! Just my quick take.

She’s had many frosty interviews. Remember Cynthia McFadden in 2008? There’s likely no explanation other than Madonna’s just a bitch. She’s business, she’s no nonsense. I mean who have we been worshipping for 30+ years lmao

shes never been Miss Congeniality 

Guest eroticerotic

Sheep and narcissists are her worst enemy. People with a mind of their own are not. That applies for everyone. 

watching the interview and, she’s not being any different than she always is?

altho I do feel she has more anxiety lately and I don't think she is really  hiding it. And like it’s wearing her out making her  delivery cloudy sometimes. I know that feeling 😪  the corset, forgot she mentioned it, could have had something to do with it

as the interview went on she seemed to get into the groove better.

i likes it! And Sheryl still looks and sounds great!

11 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

She’s had many frosty interviews. Remember Cynthia McFadden in 2008? There’s likely no explanation other than Madonna’s just a bitch. She’s business, she’s no nonsense. I mean who have we been worshipping for 30+ years lmao

shes never been Miss Congeniality 

This...and actually wish THAT was that was just the case here! lol :queenbitch::madonna2: But...never mind. xo  lol Anyway, let's hope she gets a a possible 'boost' (tho truly don't think she herself really cares as much I and her loons do! lol) by seeing MANY #1 debuts in some big markets next week!! 🙏 😄 

Think Madonna looked really good, but agree that she looked pretty uncomfortable due to the outfit. 

It was also interesting to hear her comment on old photos. Hope to see more of that in the future.

I felt uneasy for her. It seems she had no chemistry with Ian (and I love both, Madonna MILES more, but Ian is great too). She and he both tried to be funny with each other and it felt off. I think she had chemistry with Danny Boyle, but they didn't exchange any words. She has weird energy with Graham too.

5 hours ago, side_streets said:

Gandalf and Magneto

😂 Oh and one of the greatest Shakespearean actors in the world.

He and M are cut from the same cloth and I don't think he'd take any shit even from top Hollywood stars.

But yes, she was leaning back as her corset was clearly too tight. Her boobs were amazing. 

I wasn't as relaxed as last time when she had the full show though.

I wonder if she couldn't get her own hour to herself now on a British show. Maybe previous ratings went good enough to justify it. We know times have changed.

1 hour ago, eroticerotic said:

altho I do feel she has more anxiety lately and I don't think she is really  hiding it.

Honestly, having now seen the interview and also having read the reactions to her in this interview, I can understand why. Yes, she's "iron clad"  Madonna and she's dealt with so much worse but fuck I would hate to be her. Obviously, we've seen her much more relaxed in interviews but in no way was she a bitch or rude so to read some of the absolute meltdowns over this just seems a bit over the top. Then again, that's the name of the game these days......a storm in a teacup over the most innocuous things. Then in the same breath people wonder why she's not Ms. Congeniality at every event she attends......hmmm......probably because she's fucking scared to look (or not look) at someone the wrong way cuz it means she's a bitch, or god forbid say the "wrong thing". I swear to God, she could say something as innocent as she prefers strawberries to blueberries and within 5 minutes the world's blueberry farmers will have dragged her on every social media platform known to man with comments to supporting them. Obviously, I'm being facetious but truly.....it doesn't take much for people to completely lose their shit......and all over nothing. 

It's worth noting that the "career ending" performance of less than a month ago has barely had a mention in even the worse of MX reviews. Yet it was TRULY the end of the world for some. 🙄 We never learn. This cycle will be repeated many more times before the end of the era. God forbid she doesn't check everything off of everyone's personal list for the tour. 🙄

But yeah....NO IDEA why she'd EVER seem a little uncomfortable :lmao: NOT. A. CLUE. 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Honestly, having now seen the interview and also having read the reactions to her in this interview, I can understand why. Yes, she's "iron clad"  Madonna and she's dealt with so much worse but fuck I would hate to be her. Obviously, we've seen her much more relaxed in interviews but in no way was she a bitch or rude so to read some of the absolute meltdowns over this just seems a bit over the top. Then again, that's the name of the game these days......a storm in a teacup over the most innocuous things. Then in the same breath people wonder why she's not Ms. Congeniality at every event she attends......hmmm......probably because she's fucking scared to look (or not look) at someone the wrong way cuz it means she's a bitch, or god forbid say the "wrong thing". I swear to God, she could say something as innocent as she prefers strawberries to blueberries and within 5 minutes the world's blueberry farmers will have dragged her on every social media platform known to man with comments to supporting them. Obviously, I'm being facetious but truly.....it doesn't take much for people to completely lose their shit......and all over nothing. 

It's worth noting that the "career ending" performance of less than a month ago has barely had a mention in even the worse of MX reviews. Yet it was TRULY the end of the world for some. 🙄 We never learn. This cycle will be repeated many more times before the end of the era. God forbid she doesn't check everything off of everyone's personal list for the tour. 🙄

But yeah....NO IDEA why she'd EVER seem a little uncomfortable :lmao: NOT. A. CLUE. 🤷‍♂️

For real. Just today I saw an article from yahoo or something that was all about how some fans aren’t feeling the eye patch. All that copy, dedicated to a fashion accessory, with tweets from a bunch of twitter twinks who probably listen to Ariana Grande. Now Madonna’s body language is alarming people and making them wonder about her health? Add all the other meltdowns I wasn’t here for (apparently there were magnum opus threads melting down about Anitta?) and I’ve come to the conclusion that Madonna fans have bought the worst narratives about Madonna hook line and sinker. We are part of the problem it seems.

let the woman live. 

32 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

😂 Oh and one of the greatest Shakespearean actors in the world.

He and M are cut from the same cloth and I don't think he'd take any shit even from top Hollywood stars.

But yes, she was leaning back as her corset was clearly too tight. Her boobs were amazing. 

I wasn't as relaxed as last time when she had the full show though.

I wonder if she couldn't get her own hour to herself now on a British show. Maybe previous ratings went good enough to justify it. We know times have changed.

I’m bad with names, especially when it comes to Hollywood. Sorry lol

20 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

On top of the fact she’s likely not sleeping, exhausted from rehearsals, dozens of interviews with imbeciles and being Madonna. Yes, she’s likely terrified because outrage can come for anything. Look at the drudgereport right now, a Sun interview and Guardian interview, both good...but the headline is “Madonna declares war on Instagram.”

I think she looks like she’s about to cry always lately. And her posture in that outfit is stiff and fabulous like the dancer she is. Her centered confidence throws off those without it.

I love the outfit. 

I think she looked amazing and I loved the interview. For me it was just a banter between them all so don’t give a shit about what the trolls say. 

My partner who is a doctor thinks she has an anxiety problem as she looks like it in her interviews and she sounded like hyperventilating in the beginning of the interview. She also mentioned her medication not having kicked in yet. This might be a totally stupid analysis so don’t jump on my throat! 

People had the same reaction for the last Graham Norton itv she did. I though it was ridiculous then and it still is now.

OMG, like Why won't she hug the guys who made the dolls!?

ALSO: Get over the fucking eye patch and the grillz people, she's rock star, she does whatever the fuck she wants.

She doesn't need people telling her what 2 wear.

5 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

I thought it was fine. She was a bit sarcastic, but that’s not new. 

Some of her fans still not getting who she is in 2019 is just *cringe*

4 minutes ago, acko said:

Some of her fans still not getting who she is in 2019 is just *cringe*

I know. I’m amazed at how obsessed Madonna fans have become with public opinion. It’s kinda jarring. It’s like the antithesis of being a Madonna fan. 

2 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I know. I’m amazed at how obsessed Madonna fans have become with public opinion. It’s kinda jarring. It’s like the antithesis of being a Madonna fan. 

Yes but ur an American so u r stupid I heard :rotfl:

30 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

For real. Just today I saw an article from yahoo or something that was all about how some fans aren’t feeling the eye patch. All that copy, dedicated to a fashion accessory, with tweets from a bunch of twitter twinks who probably listen to Ariana Grande. Now Madonna’s body language is alarming people and making them wonder about her health? Add all the other meltdowns I wasn’t here for (apparently there were magnum opus threads melting down about Anitta?) and I’ve come to the conclusion that Madonna fans have bought the worst narratives about Madonna hook line and sinker. We are part of the problem it seems.

let the woman live. 

The Anitta threads are legendary!! :lmao: You must seek them out on a rainy day! It'll prob even be funnier now knowing the end result is many of us going "which one is Madonna and which one is Anitta" when listening to FG. I definitely did it when I listened to that vinyl rip for the first time! I kept waiting for Anitta's part and then the song was over...lol.

Totally agree about us buying into the worst narratives about her. It's gotten worse in recent years too.....I blame social media partially but that may just be my own hate for it seeping through. It feels like more and more even her fans forget her sense of humor and take everything super literally and I swear it was not always like that. 

The Madonna I saw on GN was her usual cheeky, playfully sarcastic self. The tight corset definitely contributed to any stiffness but she really looked amazing.

And yes please let this woman just live her life and wear her eye patch! :lol: 🙌

46 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

I think she looked amazing and I loved the interview. For me it was just a banter between them all so don’t give a shit about what the trolls say. 

My partner who is a doctor thinks she has an anxiety problem as she looks like it in her interviews and she sounded like hyperventilating in the beginning of the interview. She also mentioned her medication not having kicked in yet. This might be a totally stupid analysis so don’t jump on my throat! 

It's not stupid. I've thought this for a few years now. She does seem to be on edge sometimes in interviews.

I don’t get the negativity at all. I found the interview quite enjoyable to watch I mean, yeah, sure she looked a bit uncomfortable but it was because of the corset. Lol. Madonna was perfectly friendly and a bit cheeky. I feel like a lot of ppl misunderstand her dry humor for her being rude but I feel like that’s just ppl just trying to find whatever reason to hate on her because well, it’s Madonna. If you only just read the comments on the video previews to the show the main focus these trolls are commenting about are her outfit and eyepatch! It’s honestly ridiculous.

50 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

I've also noticed that she's been hyperventilating in many interviews. My theory is that as the eyepatch limit her vision, the brain involuntarily send a sign of danger to the body and there comes anxiety breathing.

Just now, tuckeye said:

and i love her explaining the intimate tour

Yes!! That's the real news of this interview. Sounds like some heavy focus is going to be put on the musical aspect of the show!!

The Casio has been put back into the closet! 🙂

Yall are gonna make that woman become Madonna pre-instagram and it is gonna hurt because now we are used to her letting us in every now and then. She can not do anything without people moaning. She will retreat from the public eye, not post on social media, only direct movies and no  music (we waited 4 years for this masterpiece) then we will be the ones crying. 

Madonna gets enough hate on social media from collective fans of the other girls who are mad she is still there showing how mediocre their faves actually are and they cant just applaud her as some elderly stateswoman like they do mariah and celine and cher etc. The men and Press forever sexist and ageist. Our job is to shower her with love and not join the criticism.

I like bitchy Madonna. In fact I need her to bring bitchy Madonna out this era and drag them all. She should be tired of taking punches. Start punching back some.

Eltons diamonds album got top 10. Nobody is killing him that he did not get number one. Leave Madonna alone. She deserves number one but if she does not get there, it is fine.