Madonna @ Graham Norton show (June 14th)

I am glad we are going to see her, although I would love if she performed as well, and if the whole shows was all about her as it was 7 years ago. Would love her at Jonathan Ross, actually I would prefer if she went there - Norton has become so predictable and boring.

And jeez people let it go with that fucking Eurobullshit thing and the nasty jabs at her, really. Enough.

2 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Surely he’ll have to ask her about it. She should just own it, laugh it off say and something like “well I can’t get right everything time” end of. 

Exactly. She could say there were some sound issues but the message she was trying to express was for equality and hope for a better future, etc.

Good news, hoping for some U.S. promo as well. Maybe the week after Madame X is released?

Yes !   The more interview shows, the better.  

While I would prefer Madonna by herself - due to hearing her speak more - I enjoy her rapport and fun with others.  Sir Ian McKellen is very witty normally and Lilly James is a singer/actress who I would presume would love to meet Madonna.    She interacted beautifully with Larry David and Ricky Gervais on that Marriage Ref show - in fact was funnier then them - and I am expecting the same.  Wish she was performing of course but still excited for this. 

Actually I think it would be good promo if she manages to appear warm and affectionate with the other guests. It will be a way to break the public notion she is "heartless bitch". 

I'm happy for this news ! I hope she stays for the whole show . She's a great sense of humour and I would love to see her interact with other guests !

7 hours ago, Shaun said:

That’s your reaction to this news?! Super excited to see this!

Yes, that's my reaction to the show!

I'm sick of other fans calling people out when they are not literally 100% raving about every little thing.

I'm sure it will be fun but after that last couple of shows where she's had her own show, this seems like we'll get a lot less.

Graham's show has changed format though. They seem to bring some guests on to talk about a project on their own and then bring out the next set of guests. So we may get her on her own at the start.

I'm interested to see how Sheryl interacts with her due to those derogatory comments a while back (although Madonna probably wasn't aware of them)...

Guest jamesshot

I want Madonna to react to Sheryl making those remarks. I want Sheryl to squirm. Fuck these assholes who criticize Madonna. They need to be called out to their face and she needs to be answer for her horrible vocal performance. I love her voice and fear she is not taking care of it. It needs to be top priority!

25 minutes ago, rekha said:

I'm interested to see how Sheryl interacts with her due to those derogatory comments a while back (although Madonna probably wasn't aware of them)...

This! Sheryl has been shady as hell about Madonna in recent years so it will be interesting to see them together. Ian Mckellan is always lovely and uplifting on the show and I'm sure he'll get on really well with M.

27 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Yes, that's my reaction to the show!

I'm sick of other fans calling people out when they are not literally 100% raving about every little thing.

I'm sure it will be fun but after that last couple of shows where she's had her own show, this seems like we'll get a lot less.

Graham's show has changed format though. They seem to bring some guests on to talk about a project on their own and then bring out the next set of guests. So we may get her on her own at the start.

I agree. Its like we have to rave about everything that she does. And its the same people monitoring the other members opinions. They try to play "a moderators role" that the moderators won't play themselves, because they are much clever than the "policing members", because the real moderators understand its a forum and they themselves are not obliged to adore everything that she does. Plus, I understand your concern: it was mere 7 years ago when Graham was crawling to have her on his show and had her alone. But we have to accept her diminishing star power. As I said, it could be a blessing in disguise: if she appears warm, affectionate and funny with the other guests. Plus, the fans of the other guests maybe wouldn't have seen this interview if it wasn't for them being on the show: so she could really promote the album to the unconvinced. Too bad she would not perform. A performance of say God Control could have ensured N1 on the album charts.

1 minute ago, elijah said:

I agree. Its like we have to rave about everything that she does. And its the same people monitoring the other members opinions. They try to play "a moderators role" that the moderators won't play themselves, because they are much clever than the "policing members", because the real moderators understand its a forum and they themselves are not obliged to adore everything that she does. Plus, I understand your concern: it was mere 7 years ago when Graham was crawling to have her on his show and had her alone. But we have to accept her diminishing star power. As I said, it could be a blessing in disguise: if she appears warm, affectionate and funny with the other guests. Plus, the fans of the other guests maybe wouldn't have seen this interview if it wasn't for them being on the show: so she could really promote the album to the unconvinced. Too bad she would not perform. A performance of say God Control could have ensured N1 on the album charts.

Thank you! And yes, it's these little moments when something doesn't perform as well as expected when you have such high hopes that leave you a little deflated; like when the look of love, deeper and deeper, bad girl, drowned world all stalled in the charts, it falling at the Brits and Eurovision.

I just feel a little sad.

Just being one a few guests send like such a downgrade but I'm having to adjust that currently M is viewed as just a Hollywood star now rather than the music icon she will be remembered as.

What are you guys talking about? Diminished star power? No longer seen as an icon?

come on!! You’re talking about a woman who just got the glaad awards, has had countless of acknowledgments just recently. She’s a touring legend. She’s the female recording artist that has sold the most records. She might not be selling records like she used to, but then again, who is?!? Madonna has participated in shows with other guests when she was on her absolute peak, I don’t understand what the issue is this time around. 

I honestly think if Madonna wanted the full hour she could have got the full hour. It is a schedule thing. I do not think Graham Norton show said to Madonna, we can only fit you in to be one of four. Some of you need to be less emotional and think. 

I think graham never does a show with just a single guest.. for w.e and MDNA she had her co stars on

I hope M is informed a little about the other guest whom from what I hear is also someone who fought for the gay community.. would be nice to have graham Norton ask cheryl about her comments on madonna and M challenge it a little or see how she'll react to that.

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

I think graham never does a show with just a single guest.. for w.e and MDNA she had her co stars on

I hope M is informed a little about the other guest whom from what I hear is also someone who fought for the gay community.. would be nice to have graham Norton ask cheryl about her comments on madonna and M challenge it a little or see how she'll react to that.

Graham has done a single guest show with Madonna and she could have got it if she wanted it 

54 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Thank you! And yes, it's these little moments when something doesn't perform as well as expected when you have such high hopes that leave you a little deflated; like when the look of love, deeper and deeper, bad girl, drowned world all stalled in the charts, it falling at the Brits and Eurovision.

I just feel a little sad.

Just being one a few guests send like such a downgrade but I'm having to adjust that currently M is viewed as just a Hollywood star now rather than the music icon she will be remembered as.

:dramaticviolin:

Who wants to hear Sheryl's views on Madonna ?  Could not care less. Want Madonna to be relaxed, at ease and show that great humour of hers. It is a comedy chat show. Not answering back lessers and giving them attention. 

Grahams dream was to interview Madge so that would have been part of the solo show (plus her co stars)

Don't get your hopes up for Sheryl crow and Madonna to discuss anything, the musical act (in this case Sheryl) usually comes on for a snippet then sings. 

I can't wait to hear Sheryl sing the 132nd reincarnation of all I wanna do 😆

34 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Who wants to hear Sheryl's views on Madonna ?  Could not care less. Want Madonna to be relaxed, at ease and show that great humour of hers. It is a comedy chat show. Not answering back lessers and giving them attention. 

not that I "want" it to happen..

it could be fascinating to see because this is what madonna does well.. respond to her critics and shut them up with very few words. this has nothing to do with cheryl herself or her reaction.. people often say what they think behind someone's back but when being confronted with the person face to face, it's a different story.  in today's world of people anonymously commenting to famous celebrities I think it would be interesting

but it probably won't happen as she'll just sing

50 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:clap:

Totally agree.

I just wish she was on for a full hour without any undivided attention but i'm still excited to see her.

59 minutes ago, Andra said:

So who exactly will she sit on the couch with? Danny Boyle and Sr Ian McKellen?

Well the original line-up was Ian McKellen, Danny Boyle, Lily James, Hamesh Patel and music from Sheryl Crow.

I’m pretty sure they’ll axe Hamesh Patel (of Eastenders fame 😬

Shame she isn’t performing as it would be an absolutely perfect promo spot going out on release day. Who know maybe she’ll surprise us and open the show with a song, just can’t see her sharing a stage with Sheryl Crow? 

27 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Well the original line-up was Ian McKellen, Danny Boyle, Lily James, Hamesh Patel and music from Sheryl Crow.

I’m pretty sure they’ll axe Hamesh Patel (of Eastenders fame 😬

Shame she isn’t performing as it would be an absolutely perfect promo spot going out on release day. Who know maybe she’ll surprise us and open the show with a song, just can’t see her sharing a stage with Sheryl Crow? 

So there'll be lots of talk about the movie Yesterday. M could talk about how she worked with George Harrison haha

Can’t wait to see my sexy Queen heat up the TV. This is going to be awesome. Promodonna is one of my favorite Donnas because we get to see her often.