MADAME X: official reviews are in: MADAME X is a hit with the critics!

3 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

RS can suck it!

RS "Review" was written by a little monster. lol

I'm loving all these 4-5 star reviews though. It seems they really enjoyed it.

20 minutes ago, robster said:

so, the tally of reviews so far:

The Guardian: 4 stars
The Mirror: 5 stars
The Sun: 5 stars
The Times: 4 stars

Are there any other big ones we should expect from UK (maybe that are important)? I am impressed with the two 5 stars.

2 minutes ago, Shaun said:

The Guardian review irritated me.

Which of these reviews so far count for Metacritic?

All but the sun and mirror, as far as I know.

Still The Observer, NME, Telegraph, Mojo, Attitude to come from UK

Guest CzarnaWisnia
4 hours ago, FeTuoni said:

I have never seen a more pretentious, bizarre and schizophrenic review.

Indeed. When did reviewers start to use such strange adjectives?

28 minutes ago, Vogue992 said:

I'm a bit worried about these two :lmao:

NME have been very positive since Medellin came out, so hopefully they are excited about the album 

Can reviewers give an unbiased and truthful review with just one listen?? Honestly, don't they anyone one can. Look at Erotica when it was released and looked at it now... praises for Erotica after 25 years since its released... so far, an average of 3 stars with a few 4 stars... I guessed this could mean more positive than negative reviews.... 

5 minutes ago, lasky said:

Can reviewers give an unbiased and truthful review with just one listen?? Honestly, don't they anyone one can. Look at Erotica when it was released and looked at it now... praises for Erotica after 25 years since its released... so far, an average of 3 stars with a few 4 stars... I guessed this could mean more positive than negative reviews.... 

the average seems to be 4 stars, with one 3 star rating and a few 5 stars.

9 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

I don't care about their ratings and metashitcritic, I'm only interested in infos about the songs😍😍

Me too and would love it about each track 

I only care about Metacritic for a couple of days when a new M album is out and then totally forget about it. 🤣

Just checked through her previous albums for ratings. 

AL 60, COADF 80, HC 65, MDNA 64 and RH 68 are her ratings.

The Guardian review was great, it really seems like the covered the whole album and payed attention. 

These reviews have me but hyped and excited, I’m afraid of the American ones, EW will trash her as always and put a B+ or something like that.

Doesn’t this get a French, German or Italian review?

These reviews are promising. But then again, she’s always been given pretty favorable reviews for her music in general. The album sounds like an actual ‘album’ from her for the first time since AL and Confessions. 

MDNA was a mess. Rebel Heart, which I rank as one of her best, was still all over the place in terms of production and sound. With Madame X, it appears she stuck with a ‘vibe’. 

I Don’t Search I Find sounds intriguing and one of the tracks I’m most excited about. 

These REVIEWS :drool: . It seems like this is an album to really dive into and explore, I especially like the description of musical density and the way she manipulates her voice. I love that she’s giving us another unique album to add to her illustrious collection. She changes it up every time. 

Hopefully this’ll help with UK album sales. Good word of mouth will be a help too.  

8 minutes ago, cynthia said:

daily star.jpg

Yeaaaaahhhhh

I can't believe God Control and IDon'¡t Search are considered so great vintage classic Madonna! Love the fact that the journo asks too about Future being chosen in Eurovison! 

(weird that the journo didn't include something about Banda being co-writer in a track? 

10 minutes ago, cynthia said:

daily star.jpg

Wow! Which review is this? 

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

I do wonder if Madonna has kept those bangers to keep the album alive after the initial rush??? 

God please, let both be true! (Disco bangers and this strategy)🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

God Control

A total pop banger, it's essentially a sequel to her classic hit Vogue. 10/10

I dont Search I Find

Along with God Control, the album's other slice of perfect vintage Madonna disco. 10/10

Ok, she must explain us why she sang Future at the ESC and not one of these 2 🤨 Sometimes she makes it really difficult for herself, in the name of her artistics visions that nobody understood.

Ok back to the topic: I AM SUPER EXCITED for all Madame X and speciallys for these two 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

The Daily Express, sorry after 13 years here still don't know how to post a link, have written a piece online about the reviews so far for Madame X

They haven't reviewed it themselves buy summarise it's strong, bold and she's not playing it safe. It's a positive round up of all reviews so far.

2 minutes ago, Monkey said:

God Control

A total pop banger, it's essentially a sequel to her classic hit Vogue. 10/10

I dont Search I Find

Along with God Control, the album's other slice of perfect vintage Madonna disco. 10/10

Ok, she must explain us why she sang Future at the ESC and not one of these 2 🤨 Sometimes she makes it really difficult for herself, in the name of her artistics visions that nobody understood.

Ok back to the topic: I AM SUPER EXCITED for all Madame X and speciallys for these two 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

I have a BIG feeling that God Control is this:

9 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

The Daily Express, sorry after 13 years here still don't know how to post a link, have written a piece online about the reviews so far for Madame X

They haven't reviewed it themselves buy summarise it's strong, bold and she's not playing it safe. It's a positive round up of all reviews so far.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1136053/Madonna-Madame-X-album-reviews-critics-release-date