MADAME X: official reviews are in: MADAME X is a hit with the critics!

8 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I could accept their comments but all they'd have to do is to see one concert and eat their words

They'd probably accuse her of being "too perfectionist" and not "spontaneous" enough and that she should do more to "get closer to the fans (like Gaga)" 🙄

29 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I think it's a good sign that they despise her but STILL give the album a good review. They can't deny how great it is.

Not if they knock it down a full letter grade

Is anyone else excited about the inclusion of piano on Madame X?  So far we have read that Dark Ballet and Extreme Occident will include piano.  My favorite instrument .

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Is anyone else excited about the inclusion of piano on Madame X?  So far we have read that Dark Ballet and Extreme Occident will include piano.  My favorite instrument .

I am!! I am a pianist, and I love when she uses pianos.  The ones in her ballads sound lovely.

12 hours ago, jonur said:

To me this was the perfect way to describe it! Because that's literally what happened to me with the first 4 songs! Literally.  Thanks for putting into words!

Thank you for actually reading it, ☺️ and you’re so welcome 

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I'm excited for piano, but I'm more excited for violins!! Madonna is violins and that instrument is iconic in many of her songs (PDP, Beautiful Killer, Easy Ride, Frozen, Take a Bow, Die Another Day)

16 hours ago, Wunderkind said:

I don’t expect any decent reviews from Germany tbh.  Journalists, even for queer sites, love to trash her here. 

I won’t even look for any reviews over here. The German media hates her with passion, I have been saying this for years and have been called out for it on this forum. I wish I was wrong but there you go. 

On 5/29/2019 at 9:06 PM, Shaun said:

This gets me very excited:

"Full of experiments no other pop star on Earth would try."

Yes. I'm ready for the full experience in just over a week.

3 hours ago, Jairo said:

I'm excited for piano, but I'm more excited for violins!! Madonna is violins and that instrument is iconic in many of her songs (PDP, Beautiful Killer, Easy Ride, Frozen, Take a Bow, Die Another Day)

I feel flattered because I am a violinist 🙂 And Madonna has indeed many songs with wonderful arrangements for violin (This used to be my playground is my favorite)

3 minutes ago, datf said:

just wondering though, there are 4 reviews, 3 with 80 and 1 with 60, so then how do they get an average score of 81?

This overall score, or METASCORE, is a weighted average of the individual critic scores. Why a weighted average? When selecting our source publications, we noticed that some critics consistently write better (more detailed, more insightful, more articulate) reviews than others. In addition, some critics and/or publications typically have more prestige and respect in their industry than others. To reflect these factors, we have assigned weights to each publication (and, in the case of movies and television, to individual critics as well), thus making some publications count more in the METASCORE calculations than others.

https://www.metacritic.com/faq

2 minutes ago, datf said:

just wondering though, there are 4 reviews, 3 with 80 and 1 with 60, so then how do they get an average score of 81?

it seems like Metacitic weighs differently each reviews

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

let's enjoy it while it's high

NUK3aJD.png

I have a feeling it's going to stay high👍

If someone rates the album a 0 and another rates it a 5, metadistortic would then give the album a score of 50( or whatever weighed average score  near to 50).

That is a lie.

No reviewer in the above case actually thought the album was a half and half experience.  One reviewer thought the album was completely shit and the other a compete masterpiece.

And if 60 is American Life’s score, then isn’t that what MX should aim for? Or 68 even since that’s my other favorite album Rebel Heart? And shouldn’t MX steer clear of the 90s score range?Cause I don’t want it sounding anything like Beyoncé.

And NME,   f u. for RH and fuck off MX.

Reading through the 4 star reviews I felt I was being jabbed with pins. And I asked myself why am I reading these? These are not reviews, they are hate crime.

As one very astute observer remarked earlier Madonna is a rock star who happens to sing pop. And these men don’t get her. So, that’s that.

31 minutes ago, Nikki said:

let's enjoy it while it's high

NUK3aJD.png

Top of new releases too

a788dDo.png

Hope its only gonna get higheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

3 hours ago, miki said:

If someone rates the album a 0 and another rates it a 5, metadistortic would then give the album a score of 50( or whatever weighed average score  near to 50).

That is a lie.

No reviewer in the above case actually thought the album was a half and half experience.  One reviewer thought the album was completely shit and the other a compete masterpiece.

And if 60 is American Life’s score, then isn’t that what MX should aim for? Or 68 even since that’s my other favorite album Rebel Heart? And shouldn’t MX steer clear of the 90s score range?Cause I don’t want it sounding anything like Beyoncé.

And NME,   f u. for RH and fuck off MX.

Reading through the 4 star reviews I felt I was being jabbed with pins. And I asked myself why am I reading these? These are not reviews, they are hate crime.

As one very astute observer remarked earlier Madonna is a rock star who happens to sing pop. And these men don’t get her. So, that’s that.

You need to chill a bit

5 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Everyone seems to be so into ratings like never before

I mean I get it, the last time she received a score higher than 70 was for Confessions and that’s a long time ago. But at the end of the day it doesn’t mean shit. All I care about at this stage is whether I am going to love it! Don’t care what my partner, friends, random strangers or critics say

1 minute ago, Plaything said:

I mean I get it, the last time she received a score higher than 70 was for Confessions and that’s a long time ago. But at the end of the day it doesn’t mean shit. All I care about at this stage is whether I am going to love it! Don’t care what my partner, friends, random strangers or critics say

One must be a liar to say he won't be ecstatic if the album is critical and commercial success. I for one would really want another era where everyone is loving M again (ROL, Music, maybe COADF).

3 minutes ago, Plaything said:

Yes, of course we are interested in infos about the songs 😍 but who gives a crap about stars and ratings! I remember when AL was bashed in media, but all I care about was that replay button lol