MADAME X: official reviews are in: MADAME X is a hit with the critics!

3 minutes ago, Samo said:

The Telegraph took the time to mention that she hasn't had a top 10 hit in the UK since 2009, when they review fellow legend's Bruce Springsteen's new Album, I'm SURE they'll take the time to mention that he hasn't had a top 10 hit in the UK since 1994, that's how it works right????

the reviewer hate female artists. and the telegraph is a right wing publication. 

37 minutes ago, Future feat Quavo said:

Full of shit or not, Pitchfork might be the most respected (weighted) publication on Metacritic and 5.5-5.9/10 being generous is pretty disappointing. The Telegraph giving 3 Stars is not good either 

Are you fretting about something that hasn't still happened? 

10 minutes ago, Samo said:

The Telegraph took the time to mention that she hasn't had a top 10 hit in the UK since 2009, when they review fellow legend's Bruce Springsteen's new Album, I'm SURE they'll take the time to mention that he hasn't had a top 10 hit in the UK since 1994, that's how it works right????

Double standards, as always. 

Guest Future feat Quavo
7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Are you fretting about something that hasn't still happened? 

They haven't given her music a 6 since COADF 😍 I'm just expecting the worst

btw.. you have to be naive to think pitchfork will give a nice review with the Killers lyrics.. expect it to be brutal, so if they give a five, it won't be so bad... - I hope 'killers" is worth some of the reviewers using it to drag the album down

4 minutes ago, side_streets said:

It might not be published yet!

The new edition can be ordered online now, but idk if it includes the review. However, they're an independent publication, so I doubt that they're counted on Metacritic.

3 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Reviews so far:

The Sun 100/100

Daily Mirror 100/100

Alternative Press 84/100

Q Magazine 80/100

The Times 80/100

The Guardian 80/100

Rolling Stone 60/100

The Telegraph 60/100

An average of 81. (Rounded from 80.5) Hope all of these count towards Metacritic!!! Thats a FANTASTIC score. 

1 minute ago, yououghttavogue said:

An average of 81. (Rounded from 80.5) Hope all of these count towards Metacritic!!! Thats a FANTASTIC score. 

I don't get it though why is 3 stars considered 60/100, when it's actually 70/100 in real calculations?

1 minute ago, peppermint said:

I don't get it though why is 3 stars considered 60/100, when it's actually 70/100 in real calculations?

Nope, it's 300/5 

3 - 5

x- 100 

300/5= 60

One song doesnt ruin an album- pitchfork knows that. Theyll totally blast her for Killers, but thats not the end of the world. Their critique of Rebel Heart was that it was mishmashed and done-before. Madame X sounds like it has a thoughtful vibe and is woven more carefully than rebel heart. So i dont think a 5.5 rating is written in stone. Really. If I had to predict, it will be high sixes, maybe 6.6 or 6.7. Which is a great score. 

8 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

Times UK, The Sun and Daily Mirror are not counted.

6 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

One song doesnt ruin an album- pitchfork knows that. Theyll totally blast her for Killers, but thats not the end of the world. Their critique of Rebel Heart was that it was mishmashed and done-before. Madame X sounds like it has a thoughtful vibe and is woven more carefully than rebel heart. So i dont think a 5.5 rating is written in stone. Really. If I had to predict, it will be high sixes, maybe 6.6 or 6.7. Which is a great score. 

Who needs vinegar when people here are already lamenting something that HASN'T HAPPENED????

Ugh, moaning mirtles galore? 

48 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Double standards, as always. 

When is the last time Joanne and Beyonce had a global success? I mean a real one. Ten years as well  probably 😆  Bought press and Oscar campaigns do not counted

Don't you just love this BS

Difference is that Madonna continued amassing ones till she was 51, not 28 or five years into her career, and by her own choice left the traditional recording system which obviously turned out to hinder her radio exposure, album marketing etc

Yet she still remained global focus press material and a huge box office draw. These people are desperate when they insist on reminding you that she hasn't had a hit in ten years time since Celebration as if it depended squarely on her, yet simultaneously pitching her against people half her age who by this logic should have amassed far more real critical success, record sales or box office draw. And guess what, they really haven't.

Hence the hypocrisy and gigantic contradiction

56 minutes ago, Samo said:

Thank you

1 minute ago, fandonna said:

pitchfolk gave 9.3 to homecoming by beyonce. it's funny becasue it's a live album. totally joke!

I m tired of this bitch which has 3 hits at best. She will never be Madonna or even Rihanna.

8 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Pitchfork has gone full SJW lately, which is part of the reason they're obsessed with Beyonce.

Well then they're not gonna like anything Madonna releases then

Typical hypocritical SJW:. "I stand for love and hate Trump and am Against racism, and homophobia and I'm a feminist too!

SJW on Madonna:. " Fuck that old ass, privileged white woman, she's a slut too!"

Just now, fandonna said:

Madame X is going to be also a SJW album. can we expect a good review from pitchfolk?

They will probably say that Madame X is privileged white woman. 😂

2 minutes ago, fandonna said:

Madame X is going to be also a SJW album. can we expect a good review from pitchfolk?

Don't even.  Madonna is way too intelligent and actually IS NOT filled with hate than to get caught up with that SJW clusterfuck

They're as hateful as hardcore republicans