MADAME X: official reviews are in: MADAME X is a hit with the critics!

The Marianne's review is certainly positive, but it seems to have been written by an artificial intelligence who did not hear the album: no reference to the content of songs, a collection of clichés and common places picked up everywhere on the web. This review could have been written 6 months ago and we would not see the difference.

35 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

The Marianne's review is certainly positive, but it seems to have been written by an artificial intelligence who did not hear the album: no reference to the content of songs, a collection of clichés and common places picked up everywhere on the web. This review could have been written 6 months ago and we would not see the difference.

Yes, I agree with you. It doesn't unveil anything.

49 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

:lol: well... 

1 hour ago, Martin B. said:

....like most album reviews then. Largely they're really not worth bothering with. Plus less relevant in the age of streaming, you can just decide if like an album or not for yourself without having to buy it first.

1 hour ago, Danmacevents said:

And why is the media calling her 61. She's can't even live a full year 😂😂

The media's constant (and pointless) referencing of her age is their way to holding some kind of perverse power over her. Like somehow by mentioning it they are belittling her or making her seem less viable. You simply will not see Springsteen, Jagger or Elton's ages mentioned in reviews of their work.

It's misogyny but it's also fear based on their part given that they've tried everything to get her to stop for almost 40 years and nothing's worked.

Madonna is correct, she's been not pretty enough, not thin enough, not fat enough, not demure enough, not interesting enough, not ahead of the curve enough, not creative enough, not savvy enough, not happy enough, not sad enough and now, finally she is not young enough. When one day heaven forbid she's not alive enough, perhaps these people may regret that they spent their professional life tearing down an artist who only ever did what she wanted to do rather than fulfilling their own creativity in life and maybe making the world a more interesting place? Because god knows their sad rants about a woman ageing didn't do it.

1 hour ago, Danmacevents said:

And why is the media calling her 61. She's can't even live a full year 😂😂

So true, but I have seen multiple fans on here refer to her as 61 for the past several months as well.  

1 minute ago, Shane said:

So true, but I have seen multiple fans on here refer to her as 61 for the past several months as well.  

Well to be fair, queens do have two birthdays a year 😏

14 hours ago, peter said:

You were a younger fan when this happened, so you can be forgiven for not really having the context ... I completely agree with what you’re saying here, and if your comment was responding to @Kurt420 at all, I am sure I can safely say he agrees with you, too. It’s just that, at the time, we knew AL (the album) was completely produced with Mirwais, and that was the first time she’d done that. (TB and LAP were mixes of Bray and Leonard.) So it is understandable that some fans, going in, had a little preconceived notion of how AL might come out (e.g., as Music Part II). Sometimes it takes us a while to learn our lessons and realize how Madonna will not always be predictable, even when we “know” facts about a project (not just have opinions or preferences). Who, for example, would have guessed what “Hey, You” would sound like if it had been known in advance that it was written and co-produced with Pharrell, eh?

Anyway, I didn’t mean to nitpick. This just struck me. Please post more photos of German Madame X in lederhoesen, @Danmacevents!! 😍 😊

Spot on as always peter!! The whole AL experience was a huge learning curve for me in terms of my Madonna fandom. After that, I've pretty much learned to expect the unexpected and.....don't even try to predict things. Just let it will be!! :lol:

14 hours ago, peter said:

umm, Madonna does. I love nuggets? 

I also would give @Kurt420 4 stars for his nuggets?

What did I just say? Is something wrong with me?!

:chuckle:

I hoped I had 5 star nuggets but I'm good with 4 stars!! 😁

3 hours ago, Carey said:

Madonna is correct, she's been not pretty enough, not thin enough, not fat enough, not demure enough, not interesting enough, not ahead of the curve enough, not creative enough, not savvy enough, not happy enough, not sad enough and now, finally she is not young enough. When one day heaven forbid she's not alive enough, perhaps these people may regret that they spent their professional life tearing down an artist who only ever did what she wanted to do rather than fulfilling their own creativity in life and maybe making the world a more interesting place? Because god knows their sad rants about a woman ageing didn't do it.

Wow!! Amazing words!! Thank you and you are absolutely correct!! 

I’m intrigued by all the 9 and 10 scores from the writer for Alternative Press, particularly Come Alive as that is one song that we know literally nothing about!

7 minutes ago, Andyrs said:

I've heard somewhere that on June 4 we'll get to hear more info about the listening parties?

Yes that's what I remember. The people in the UK who went to the listening party said they were under embargo until then.

7 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Yes that's what I remember. The people in the UK who went to the listening party said they were under embargo until then.

Good. So at least they should have had enough time to write a decent pece of music critique 

5 hours ago, Carey said:

The media's constant (and pointless) referencing of her age is their way to holding some kind of perverse power over her. Like somehow by mentioning it they are belittling her or making her seem less viable. You simply will not see Springsteen, Jagger or Elton's ages mentioned in reviews of their work.

It's misogyny but it's also fear based on their part given that they've tried everything to get her to stop for almost 40 years and nothing's worked.

Well said on everything! 

5 hours ago, Carey said:

Love that 

way to go 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

On 5/30/2019 at 12:43 PM, Shaun said:

The only M album that ever disappointed me was Confessions. Drab, uninspired, and melancholy. But different strokes for different folks, eh? The other 12 have been ace.

Confessions was actually a pretty dark album overall. It's upbeat but the lyrics are definitely not carefree. I found it interesting the Hung Up and Sorry both had the same "scorned lover" vibe. At first I didn't care for Confessions. It felt like a step backwards. But I've appreciated it over the years. It's not my favorite album but Get Together and Forbidden Love are great.

Guest Future feat Quavo

Can anyone who speaks French please quickly summarize the review?

This is what I got from Google translate :lmao:

MADONNA has once again to feed melons for his new apus LE REFRAIN Provoc one day, provoc always! obscure places If rimage refers to the aesthetics of her fishnet debut-baskets, whip, religiouse iconography, homage to Marlene Dietrich- the sound of her 15 new pieces comes close to that of puey Of Light and gave up, 61, always ready for a bravado! Not really like the duo rap clash NTM, tidy of the provoc, not quite like the Stranglers, gentrified and more really Marbn Manson re sober, assagi and not at all American Lfe. No nonsense, thunderous appearance, on the set of the MTV Awards, in a wedding dress that rolls on the floor at the sound of Like A Virgin, the Material Girl, queen of the box office with more than 300 million albums sold, continued to be a professional provocation. For his uorzeme abum, turn blonde, brown, homo, hetéro, trans. 

1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Confessions was actually a pretty dark album overall. It's upbeat but the lyrics are definitely not carefree. I found it interesting the Hung Up and Sorry both had the same "scorned lover" vibe. At first I didn't care for Confessions. It felt like a step backwards. But I've appreciated it over the years. It's not my favorite album but Get Together and Forbidden Love are great.

I always liked Confessions because it had a dark feel to it, but with a nod to the disco era. The contrast is pretty interesting.

The tour had the same type of contrast.

Anyway, back to Madame X!

15 hours ago, Shane said:

I’m intrigued by all the 9 and 10 scores from the writer for Alternative Press, particularly Come Alive as that is one song that we know literally nothing about!

Where can i find that?!

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Im not a fan of how they keep saying Killers is a weak link and then quote that ONE section of lyrics that mention Islam.  So is the song not as good or is it just those lyrics? 

I think they’re just going by the lyrics. The earth song description sounds great to me.. I remember ‘Isaac’ getting bad marks as well. Same with Devil Pray. I think it’ll be really good.

15 minutes ago, robster said:

EB53B33F-FD6E-4497-909E-4EF05964A09D.jpeg

Good. 

They consider a return to form in terms of experimenting and going further, which was Madonna's spirit. And Dark Ballet seems to be THE SONG.