MADAME X: official reviews are in: MADAME X is a hit with the critics!

11 minutes ago, Jairo said:

1. How can you read that review? I can barely recognize words from that picture on the first post.

Just click at the picture and its original big size will open up in a new window.

7 hours ago, Shaun said:

Her RS history:

Debut: no star rating

LAV: 3.5

TB: no star rating

LAP: 3.5

E: 4

BS: 3.5

ROL: 4

Music: 4

AL: 3

Confessions: 3.5

HC: 4

MDNA: 3.5

RH: 3.5

MX: 3

2ej0sx.gif

12 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

By the way, if anyone sees this reviewer in person, please tell him to return the journalism degree his parents no doubt overpayed for 🙂

Exactly.  Shitting on American Life is not a proper review of Madame X.

32 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

Exactly.  Shitting on American Life is not a proper review of Madame X.

You can love or hate AL, but you can't tell it's her worst album, that's unreal at all! 

Not a glowing review, but also one where I think a score above 3/5 would match the description. 

I don’t think ‘some of the songs are weird’ is necessarily bad. I think it’s possible to have that reaction to some of the songs on Music and that’s one of my favourite M albums. Plus, the songs released so far in my opinion do get a lot better with repeat listens (esp Medellin and Future). 

We will see. Still loads of other reviews to come. Imo with the songs released so far it seems obvious that this will be much better than MDNA (and didn't RS give that 3.5?). 

9 hours ago, Shaun said:

Her RS history:

Debut: no star rating

LAV: 3.5

TB: no star rating

LAP: 3.5

E: 4

BS: 3.5

ROL: 4

Music: 4

AL: 3

Confessions: 3.5

HC: 4

MDNA: 3.5

RH: 3.5

MX: 3

They never gave her 5/5? Ridicilous.

7 hours ago, Samo said:

American Life is her worst album, just dreadful, boring, dull, uninspired songwriting, same monotonous guitar on EVERY song etc

Thank God for Confessions and Hard Candy, which is extremely underrated and probably the last Madonna album that the General Public is aware of, judging from the bizarro rollout so far, it certainly won't be Madame X

I was not happy when I found out she was working with Mirwais again, probably my least favorite M collaborator, even Music was a huge comedown compared to ROL, I just don't like his boring producing style at all

Not at all

Confessions volume 2 please Madonna?

God NO.

I've always taken 3-star ratings from RS to mean that fans of the artist will find lots to enjoy, but the album wont necessarily be a classic or a breakthrough hit album.

As a fan of Madonna, all I care about is that I will enjoy it... and it sounds like I will.

7 hours ago, Samo said:

American Life is her worst album, just dreadful, boring, dull, uninspired songwriting, same monotonous guitar on EVERY song etc

Thank God for Confessions and Hard Candy, which is extremely underrated and probably the last Madonna album that the General Public is aware of, judging from the bizarro rollout so far, it certainly won't be Madame X

I was not happy when I found out she was working with Mirwais again, probably my least favorite M collaborator, even Music was a huge comedown compared to ROL, I just don't like his boring producing style at all

Not at all

Confessions volume 2 please Madonna?

no no no it is NOT her worst album that is just your opinion, there's a difference!

6 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

nobody ever tweeted WTF IS LIKE A PRAYER though

😬

Hahahaha. Like...a....chayerrrrr.

Anyway... what happened to the June 4th embargo? 

If it's being ignored we should see more magazine reviews soon as their June publications are issued 

6 minutes ago, Nikki said:

apparently, this guy even discredited madonna when reviewing 'a star is born'. he's a gaga fan. keep that in mind

oh. this explains everything then.

Ah This explains everything, Gaga got her fan to write the new Madonna album review but hey RS gave her worst album HC the highest score , says it all really . Next real review please

i think he is proud that the album is bizarrely weird. but maybe he rated it a 3/5 cause he needed time to digest it.  

Edited by miki

3 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Ah This explains everything, Gaga got her fan to write the new Madonna album review but hey RS gave her worst album HC the highest score , says it all really . Next real review please

23 minutes ago, Morevi said:

oh. this explains everything then.

well im not saying to dismiss it cuz he critiqued M in a gaga review, and you have to expect that this album will probably get very different reviews if it's very weird and experimental.. let's just keep this in mind when reading the review

but i care less how they rate her albums. i read the reviews to get a glimpse of what she has in store for me. and whenever i read a negative reaction to her songs i automatically decide i'd like it. that is how my brain is wired, fortunately for me. 

this is how he reviewed the album.

weird,

taking risks,

admirably bizarre,  

for fans of her loca edge,

mysterious new accent in some, and plays down the accent and gets lost in emotion in another track

a vocodor singing the nut cracker, 

you have to endure her pondering political oppression before reaching her strongest songs,

can trigger that 'worried about madonna' feeling,

proud that she is still being willing to act up like this,

never lets us down in a very different way,

time will tell if mx will have staying power,

if you love madonna for her shamelessness - bitch she's loca. 

I LOVE MADAME X BECAUSE OF ALL THE ABOVE REASONS.

Edited by miki

6 minutes ago, miki said:

this is how he reviewed the album.

weird,

taking risks,

admirably bizarre,  

for fans of her loca edge,

mysterious new accent,

a vocodor singing the nut cracker, 

ponders political oppression,

can trigger that 'worried about madonna' feeling,

proud that she is still being willing to act up like this,

never lets us down in a very different way,

time will tell if mx will have staying power,

if you love madonna for her shamelessness - bitch she's loca. 

I LOVE MADAME X BECAUSE OF ALL THE ABOVE REASONS.

Worried about what? Her aging voice which needs vocoder? Or the narrative that "she doesnt take care of her voice anymore"

7 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Worried about what? Her aging voice which needs vocoder? Or the narrative that "she doesnt take care of her voice anymore"

i think the ' worried about madonna' part is about her taking massive risks with the possible outcome of seeming too weird and  hence not understood. but i admire her for that.

Edited by miki