Dictator Trump / US politics thread 🚽

5 hours ago, XXL said:

Β 

I have an evangelical in the family. Actually Catholic raised, turned atheist, turned evangelical or Born Again Christian (wouldn't know the difference) when she turned 40 to be exact. She's been a total cunt to me. I'll never forgive her

Her grown up kids hardly talk to her anymore. Such is her level of self righteousness and indoctrination

She told me that "people like you belong in Hell"Β  πŸ™ˆπŸ€‘:electropop:Β  That was her final greeting years ago after she spent a week at my house being served and revered and trotted around town by the entire family. I was just speechless

I mean, who fucking told you Heaven or Hell exist to begin with? What do you actually know about life after death? And even if that religious imagery does exist with all the implications, who fucking made you Judge of anyone???

And she's a Biology professor! So she's studied and travelled a fair bit. Sometimes understanding human nature and its bizarre motives can be such a nightmare.

It really came out the blue as she was never aggressive or offensive to me personally and in any case, as a goodbye message? She was never invited again

Maybe she'll join the place she deserves to reach soon, unless she's already there mentally and emotionally, whether it's called Hell or anything else, whether it's here and now or AFTERΒ  IT

That's awful.

I'm sorry.Β 

:sadface:

6 hours ago, nightcutter said:

That's awful.

I'm sorry.Β 

:sadface:

Β 

Thanks Nightcutter :laugh:

It's been many years but obviously I was young and still very sensitive on the issue, I didn't make any provocation, I never talked to her about my private life, I was just a kid and gratuitous statements like that leave you to do a lot of questioning as to why some people think that being mean spirited or being snobbish or talk out of their conceited smelly ass for brains is a sign of some sort of unproven superiority when it's actually the exact reverse

I've learned to contextualise people who act a certain way just for the fun of it. They're really not worth a fraction of society's time, the healthy part of it for sure

The fact that her own kids, one aged 26, the other 28 almost don't speak to her at all because of her obsession with that highly divisive cult is proof enough to me

Β 

Anyway the point was:

these nutters decide US politics!

so not a great sign uh

Β 

10 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Retired top general joins Mattis dissent from Trump, warns of 'beginning of the end' for democracy if troops are used against protests

https://news.yahoo.com/retired-marine-general-john-allen-trump-military-beginning-of-the-end-america-152143340.html

Β 

Β 

It's funny how about everyone who has been initially chosen by Trump is now leaving the shit show, or made to leave, little it matters, they are calling it out and calling him out for what he is

He must be insufferable to work for with the tantrums and lack of awareness and preparation

7 hours ago, XXL said:

It's funny how about everyone who has been initially chosen by Trump is now leaving the shit show, or made to leave, little it matters, they are calling it out and calling him out for what he is

He must be insufferable to work for with the tantrums and lack of awareness and preparation

Another one sounding the alarm -

Ex-Defense Secretary: White House Is β€˜Leading Us Down The Trail Toward A Dictatorship

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/william-cohen-donald-trump-dictatorship-081355341.html

Β 

Β 

10 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Another one sounding the alarm -

Ex-Defense Secretary: White House Is β€˜Leading Us Down The Trail Toward A Dictatorship

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/william-cohen-donald-trump-dictatorship-081355341.html

Β 

Β 

There you go

Awful but definitely a possibility

Β 

I cannot believe that after everything that's happened in the past five months alone between the arbitrary killing of that top Iranian military official, internationally condemned, then the global health scare and now his current handling of the George Floyd's case he still stands a chance at re-election

Either way I have some sort of ominous feeling that, considered the radical split of the population between nutters and fanatics of all types who are emboldened by Trump's madness and the sane part of the population, whether Trump ends up winning or not, the US will be going down a long and tumultuous period of civil unrest.

It's fucking scary and inexplicably bizarre when you think about all the progress made in the 20th century on many issues, yet here we are, 20 years into the new millennium and it's like we're heading over a century backwards

I don't believe that Trump can turn this around.Β  He mishandled the Covid19, he mishandled the Black Lives Matter... what else will he mess up before the election?Β  I think he's unelectable at this point.

15 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I don't believe that Trump can turn this around.Β  He mishandled the Covid19, he mishandled the Black Lives Matter... what else will he mess up before the election?Β  I think he's unelectable at this point.

I am in denial because of 2016. I can see if there is a rapid V-shaped economic recovery and a vaccine found for COVID-19, his numbers could recover enough to win by a slim margin. Not likely, but a possibility. Also, with so many people on the left calling for de-funding police departments, there could be a backlash against Democrats in the swing states.

Although, if you look at the numbers right now, he and the GOP are going to lose in a 2008-style wave. But we're still 5 months away and lord knows NO ONE has a memory anymore for past events beyond 10 seconds.

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

But Republican voters will vote for a Republican candidate no matter how bad he is.

Can't say the same for Democrats voters.

9 minutes ago, horn said:

But Republican voters will vote for a Republican candidate no matter how bad he is.

Unfortunately you are right. The Trumpers are part of a cult that feeds on conspiracy theory, religiosity, racism and guns. Like anyone in a cult, they are disconnected from reality and blindly believe their leader. Even if they know he is wrong, they will close their eyes and justify his actions. With his morons and the big slice of Republicans who would vote for any anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-minority candidate plus the absenteeism of stupid Democrats unable to tune in forΒ Biden, Trump is sure to win. The only way he loses is for the Democrats to go out and vote and if the moderate Republicans abstain from voting .

18 minutes ago, horn said:

I hope the Bernie voters who sat out 2016 learned their lesson.Β  I supported him in the primary, but I voted for Hillary in the election.Β  TheyΒ  are dumb fucks if they sit out again.Β  I think that they will vote for Biden this time around (there was some sexism in 2016 too... not everyone, but some people).

Many DemocratΒ voters didn't turn out to vote in the last election 'cos they thought it's a sure win for Hillary against the clown.

To these people: please get your ass out of your house to vote that clown out! Anyone is better than that racist lying irresponsible ignorant clown.

1 minute ago, Jaz said:

Β I think that they will vote for Biden this time around (there was some sexism in 2016 too... not everyone, but some people).

"Some" may not want to lose their white privilege. :dazed:Β 

9 minutes ago, horn said:

"Some" may not want to lose their white privilege. :dazed:Β 

Most people who supported Bernie in 2016 aren't racists, but who knows.Β  It's still VERY sad that some of them were sexist.Β  So who knows?Β  I still think we don't need to demonize them in this election cycle (unless they sit out again).

By the way, I think you will find many BLM protesters to be Bernie supporters over Biden supporters.

10 hours ago, Jaz said:

Most people who supported Bernie in 2016 aren't racists, but who knows.Β  It's still VERY sad that some of them were sexist.Β  So who knows?Β  I still think we don't need to demonize them in this election cycle (unless they sit out again).

By the way, I think you will find many BLM protesters to be Bernie supporters over Biden supporters.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Not being racist isn't good enough. We need people to be anti-racist. Showing up to vote isn't good enough. We need people to be talking to their friends, families, and neighbors about the importance of voting and voting Biden.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:12 PM, Jaz said:

I hope the Bernie voters who sat out 2016 learned their lesson.Β  I supported him in the primary, but I voted for Hillary in the election.Β  TheyΒ  are dumb fucks if they sit out again.Β  I think that they will vote for Biden this time around (there was some sexism in 2016 too... not everyone, but some people).

Everyone should put their differences aside and vote that orange clown out of white house.

7 hours ago, Junior said:

Happy Pride! :bad:
Β 

Β 

What a horrible night.Β  I remember everyone worried about some of our friends in Orlando. I think we even had one member who said he had been there earlier in the night.

Guest eroticerotic
On 6/12/2020 at 6:51 PM, Junior said:

Happy Pride! :bad:
Β 

Β 

Doesn’t congress have to agree to pass this?Β 
Β 

This is the kind of Shit that makes no sense.

in the midst of everything thats happening, Β and when they already have a hard time getting Β coverage.

12 hours ago, Kim said:

Supreme Court Rules that Civil Rights Law Protects Gay and Transgender Workers...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/15/us/gay-transgender-workers-supreme-court.html

Uou. I d like to see how Dumb appointees voted here. I m happy that the real jurists still rule the US Supreme Court.