“Crave” thread

On 6/17/2019 at 11:27 AM, spotlight said:

Ne t’inquiètes, je suis toujours présent. 

I don’t know about others but I wanted this album/era release to be completely spoiler free this time. I knew there would be a leak eventually. 

Oh didn’t saw this !! Je comprends maintenant 😘

It took me a week to really appreciate the song. But now it grows really fast on me. Enough to soon become one in my top 10 favorite songs from M 

I don't normally get overly excited over the thoughts of Madonna doing simple acoustic versions of her songs but I'd really love to see her do that with Crave. Just her on a stool with her guitar.....like Letterman '00.

This really is such a gorgeous song.

18 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I don't normally get overly excited over the thoughts of Madonna doing simple acoustic versions of her songs but I'd really love to see her do that with Crave. Just her on a stool with her guitar.....like Letterman '00.

After seeing the rehearsal clip, I feel like this song works best acoustic. I like it way better that way.

20 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Not how I was picturing this perf, but now that you've said it ... yes. Yes, I need this.

I keep hearing Crave in public places.  Grocery store, hair salon, etc.  Pretty awesome to hear a brand new Madonna song instead of one of the classics.  The edit that cuts out Swae Lee is brutal though.

6 hours ago, Bill said:

I keep hearing Crave in public places.  Grocery store, hair salon, etc.  Pretty awesome to hear a brand new Madonna song instead of one of the classics.  The edit that cuts out Swae Lee is brutal though.

I really hate this, they sound so good together

On 6/14/2019 at 10:16 AM, rebelheart said:

Cute song, chorus is beautiful, vocals ace but isn't one of MX's strongest tracks, cannot see why it was a single over something like Future?

I think it's one of the best songs she's recorded over the past decade, to be honest...!  I seriously can't get enough of it!  It's easily my favourite on MX and is better than all but a handful of tracks on RH, MDNA and HC. 

16 hours ago, runa said:

What's the point of cutting out Swae Lee? So dumb...

Really like that song, ❤️❤️

Some AC stations are reluctant to play anything by artists considered to be hip hop.  I remember many years ago, a network in Australia wouldn't play any verses that were considered rap (e.g. they edited out Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez's verse on Melanie C's "Never Be The Same Again").  That was their strict policy for many years, because they felt that their audience didn't connect with that genre.  

Did anyone see or  captured Swae Lee story on IG!? It seems for the first time he mentioned Crave while visiting an Apple Store... I can't find it... 😕😕😕😕😐

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, jonski43 said:

Omg this is the mix I've been needing💃🕺

There's hope yet!

When will this mix be out?  I want to stream it! 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:30 PM, Bill said:

It would be great to see Madonna do an acoustic version of this song on a live show this week while is doing well on the radio.  I hear it in California, both in LA and San Fran area.

This song is so gorgeous. So lush and somber. It's crept into my top 20 Madonna songs of all time. I really can't get enough of it.

While I recognize the brilliance of God Control and Dark Ballet, Crave is kind of 'the' single of this era for me. It has everything a classic Madonna needs: A gorgeous melody, beautiful vocals, and a bridge that's up there with her absolute best. This will go down as another top 10 hit that should've been. 

On the Billboard Adult Contemporary Chart this week (ending June 29, 2019), It's up a notch, climbing to #14.

Has a bullet and "gains in performance" so I hope this goes top 10 on that chart.

13 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

This song is so gorgeous. So lush and somber. It's crept into my top 20 Madonna songs of all time. I really can't get enough of it.

While I recognize the brilliance of God Control and Dark Ballet, Crave is kind of 'the' single of this era for me. It has everything a classic Madonna needs: A gorgeous melody, beautiful vocals, and a bridge that's up there with her absolute best. This will go down as another top 10 hit that should've been. 

Yep, Crave is a damn good song--catchy as hell with incredible hooks.

If Madonna had released this song, say, pre-2010, it would've hit the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the US, for sure, zero doubt. 

But in 2019, top 40 radio is scared to play pretty much any artists songs, who are over the age of 40. 

Plus corporate owned stations won't add her to their pre-made approved lists of "now songs to play," because of age. It is so messed up, but she still hits the top of the many other charts, so she's all good and gets the last laugh, ultimately. 

I've had time to let the album marinate and I can truthfully say that Crave is the ONLY definite single of the album. I know it's not a worldwide smash as it may have been 10-15 yrs ago but it's def MX's most radio friendly song. GC is amazing and the video rivals among her best but from first listen, I never thought of it as single material.....despite it being a "dance banger".

Crave's placement on the album is absolute perfection too.

I'm in love with the Rising Sun Remix. Such a carefree summer vibe. It also uses the spoken part from the video and now I'm missing it from the album version. There is no other vocalist in history who delivers spoken parts as good as Madonna.

I love the vocals of M and Swae Lee, love the guitar but wish it had been produced by Mirwais, he could have have made the track into something truly amazing.