“Crave” thread

18 hours ago, Confessit said:

Why bother drafting in Swae if the song isn't going to get any kind of promo push.

because she loved his voice. and don't you think they made a beautiful song together. 

I ve only watched it a few times. SHe looks cute and all but for me it is just another photoshot type video. From the launch day , i never felt the urge to watch it again. Plus NY is ugly imho.

it is disappointing that some members here focus too much on marketing strategies, promotions and so forth. and also this over enthusiasm for mirwais is kind of insulting to her in a way. the four tracks we got till now are all wonderful. why not be content with that. sometimes i just wish she decides to cancel releasing the rest of the album. some of you should go back and re-listen to rebel heart. that album has been criminally overlooked and unfairly battered. and mainly madonna is also just human. she is not a machine. how about loving her , supporting her and caring for her family and her health. and things like that. maybe consider such things when you concoct another marketing scheme. 

Edited by miki

19 minutes ago, dumitru said:

I ve only watched it a few times. SHe looks cute and all but for me it is just another photoshot type video. From the launch day , i never felt the urge to watch it again. Plus NY is ugly imho.

NYC is amazing...architecture culture fashion diversity. A native NYCer so a bias and always will be. I ❤️ NY!

3 hours ago, Steve said:

NYC is amazing...architecture culture fashion diversity. A native NYCer so a bias and always will be. I ❤️ NY!

i was refering more to the poop colored buildings shown in the video rather than the entire city. Plus Swae Lee looks like he came out from a nightmare. But his voice is sweet. so confusing. Madonna looks amazing .

Edited by dumitru

12 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

Well, I agree. I am realistic and don't expect a huge hit (single) this era, besides I also understand that they want to focus on the album promotion, but the album comes in two weeks and we see no promotion, almost nothing. There are some small interviews on radio and maybe two or three magazines? No performance, no talkshow, nothing. That is what surprises me the most. It is like the buzz is already gone. I don't get it. I keep thinking on this teaser from April and asking what are these visuals for. Based on this teaser it looked like we would get way more videos and maybe performances or surprises but I am beginning to think this all has just been done for the teaser and for the tour (which won't be seen by most people). I am not complaining, it feels just a little underwhelming two weeks before the album release 😞

I think they gave us a lot. And then dropped everything (stopped promoting) in the middle of all the momentum. I also think Medellin didn’t live up to the hype for some people. With her visuals I thought it was going to be something epic but it was something lower tempo. I like the song, but I don’t think it’s a huge event like the teasers made it seem. 

All this promo. And then the Crave video and eurovision performance seemed to be all they wanted to promote. Now it’s tour workshops. 

Edited by imakicola

6 hours ago, dumitru said:

i was refering more to the poop colored buildings shown in the video rather than the entire city. Plus Swae Lee looks like he came out from a nightmare. But his voice is sweet. so confusing. Madonna looks amazing .

Poop colored buildings? Don’t be ridiculous. Lots of stupid arguments here. Get healed.

There has seemed to be a lull in promotion after Eurovision, perhaps in reaction to all the criticism (f*ck you bishes, I'm gonna focus on tour workshops!) Up until that point the excitement was really building up pretty nicely... I suppose it makes sense to have a slight pause before the album release to maximize the impact? I still feel like we have at least two singles w videos to go, the drag queen/theater video and the beach scene video with women all in white. This is keeping me excited. I'm flummoxed that Crave isn't getting more views on YouTube (such a good jam!) although it seems to be getting some radio play in the USA, which is a minor miracle. Maybe it'll be a grower at radio? They should release some Crave remixes. I'm really curious to see if they have already released the best songs for single material, or if they are saving the real gems for later...

11 hours ago, Shaun said:

NYC is beautiful. A stunning city in a stunning video.

😍 I love how the city is one of the main characters in the video. There's roughness in the city for sure, but this video shows this concrete beauty in full glory. NYC is the place that made Madonna in a way, and the video is a beautiful homage to that creative pulse.

Has she done any more promos for this single? Or the MV was the only thing we’ve got so far? 

1 hour ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Has she done any more promos for this single? Or the MV was the only thing we’ve got so far? 

She has done pre-recorded  interviews for USA radio stations

They asked her most about her kids and family life like the last 20 years they always have done

Why do they never ask her questions about music or what she would like to achieve in stead of “Portugal influences, kids being minded” yaaaaaawn

16 hours ago, ursula said:

🙁 That's disappointing to you? What I find disheartening is the episodical reminder that we humans tend to sometimes suggest / dictate how other humans should think / speak. 

+ Mirwais is awesome.

some people need to be guided . and mirwais / madonna produced tracks are  awesome. 

Edited by miki

31 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Why do they never ask her questions about music or what she would like to achieve in stead of “Portugal influences, kids being minded” yaaaaaawn

I guess they think USA audience is not interested to hear about her music anymore so they focus on the kids and being a mom for 6 which they think is relatable subject to their listeners

17 hours ago, dumitru said:

14 hours ago, dumitru said:

Poop colored buildings WTF have you even been there in person? I’ve spent most of my weekends growing up playing right by those buildings where it was filmed on Cherry Street. Thankfully that area still has most of that “GRITTY and RAW” character today and hasn’t been gentrified to white washed blandness fuck like much of Manhattan. 

Amen! ^ NYC is magnificent! I've always thought of NYC as the beacon of our country. I'm so glad a friend and I were able to visit it once. Madonna and the producer captured some of that history, power and magic from different angles and with such cool changes in lighting. And geez, I never saw poop colored buildings. 😒

Even when they ask her about music, in these radio interviews, they keep asking her about songs from the last century, Like A Virgin and Like A Prayer... Same boring questions about the same songs. That 2015 interview with Howard Stern was heaven on earth. 

I definitely think Crave may hit the Hot 100--don't you guys? At least in the 70s/80s/90s chart position? 

It *should* go top 10, but those days are most likely over for Madonna in the US. Radio ignores her unfortunately. But this song is so good, radio may not be able to resist the song or the requests for it.

They should do some remixes--that'll be so hot if they do. Definitely will hit #1 on the dance charts, after Medellin does in the next few weeks. 

Edited by jjbradleynyc

10 minutes ago, jjbradleynyc said:

I definitely think Crave may hit the Hot 100--don't you guys? At least in the 70s/80s/90s chart position? 

It *should* go top 10, but those days are most likely over for Madonna in the US. Radio ignores her unfortunately. But this song is so good, radio may not be able to resist the song or the requests for it.

They should do some remixes--that'll be so hot if they do. Definitely will hit #1 on the dance charts, after Medellin does in the next few weeks. 

How? Theres no sales and streaming is miniscule

It has some spins on AC radio though...

8 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

How? Theres no sales and streaming is miniscule

It has some spins on AC radio though...

Will be tough, but I'm hoping people will start liking it enough over the summer that it becomes a builder, and a grower. 

Amazing song and deserves a good chart position. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Many of Madonna's songs have been top 40 contenders, and "Crave" most definitely is if not a top ten. The problem is that top 40 pop radio refuses to play any of her new stuff.  So she's left to struggle on AC radio which is hesitant to play some of her new music. To me, it comes down to ageism because we all know if this was anyone under 30, this song would be all over the radio. 

It's a huge hit in my mind.  It's my favorite of what has been released so far. It's a top 5 right now and next week it's going to #1... in my mind that is.  🤣

18 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Many of Madonna's songs have been top 40 contenders, and "Crave" most definitely is if not a top ten. The problem is that top 40 pop radio refuses to play any of her new stuff.  So she's left to struggle on AC radio which is hesitant to play some of her new music. To me, it comes down to ageism because we all know if this was anyone under 30, this song would be all over the radio. 

It's a huge hit in my mind.  It's my favorite of what has been released so far. It's a top 5 right now and next week it's going to #1... in my mind that is.  🤣

i wonder why she stopped writing/giving songs to other artists. i think it would be cool (and would prove your point) if, say, she gave this song to ariana and it became a big hit. she could cash the checks, make her experimental albums, and we could all just enjoy the ride.

39 minutes ago, bardo said:

i wonder why she stopped writing/giving songs to other artists. i think it would be cool (and would prove your point) if, say, she gave this song to ariana and it became a big hit. she could cash the checks, make her experimental albums, and we could all just enjoy the ride.

Maybe she likes to be in the spotlight instead of working behind the scenes. But who knows in the future she will write songs for someone else.. it would be so cool!

40 minutes ago, bardo said:

and she could still sing it in her own concerts coz she owns the publishing rights for the song..