“Crave” thread

5 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

And most of them coming from Maluma's fans. 

But you can't have a decent hit staying home with the kids and giving phone calls interviews. Such a shame because the song is so good and the video is pure Madonna. 

M unfortunately is focusing on tour- i don't think she's just staying home with her kids .  Im sure she will be on TV soon the week of the album drops

2 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

M unfortunately is focusing on tour- i don't think she's just staying home with her kids .  Im sure she will be on TV soon the week of the album drops

I am sure she will promote more when the album is out. 

I don't think at this point M couldn't care less about charts anymore. That's why right now her main focus is the tour. I felt sad when she said "but you don't love me anymore" in Billboard interview. 

Crave is a very lush, catchy song with deep lyrics. It definitely deserves more views and streams. But then again.... 

I am sure she will do tv interviews soon.  Also hopefully will perform her songs on them which will gain more exposure.  

Would love to see Crave video get more views.  It is such a gorgeous video 

11 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with the promotion for Crave? I mean, in general I am very confused with the release strategy so far: releasing Medellin (which I love) performing it once. Releasing Crave, than weeks later releasing the video and then no promotion at all. Then having the huge exposure of Eurovision and performing Future (which I love but this is no single). What is the strategy? We read all the time rumours that she has many surprises this era, but what I get is that she is not interested in promoting the material she has so far released. Or will the promotion begin after the album release and then focus is the Tour? I am completely lost and I think it is a pity that no single has been properly promoted.

I think they are just following the strategy that was laid out in the very beginning and discussed in this Billboard article: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8509948/madonna-madame-x-album-campaign-rollout. It's not about pushing individual singles like in the old days. It's about offering people tasters of what's to come, different kind of songs for different target groups. Nothing has been rush released, as the strategy has remained the same from very beginning. The main focus is on the album itself. It's just like the President of Maverick Music Greg Thompson says in the interview above: 

“[The album] is a journey, and there are a lot of chapters,” Thompson explains of the decision to slowly trickle out five tracks ahead of the release, a deviation from Madonna’s previous rollouts. – – “In a world where we’re more song-driven than we’ve been in a long time as an industry, it became a real question and a challenge: How do we make sure that people really understand this album by the time it comes out, but still have songs that can be hit singles in certain areas? – – I think we have a good shot to get a top five club record with some [‘Medellín’] remixes, and get that song into people’s spaces that they might not anticipate.”

So the promotional strategy is about making people understand the album that is maybe more complex than a regular Madonna album. And when it comes to getting hits, I think they have very moderate expectations - such as getting a top five hit on the club chart.

I really want the album to succeed but I really don't care about getting hit singles. Madonna is focusing on the tour & future performances right now, and that is just great. Rest assured, there will be more album promotion in the coming weeks, but the whole promotional concept is different this time.

3 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Madonna is focussing on Tour.

How is this a surprise? Thats where the money is.

Having a hit single is helping a lot to sell tickets.

1 hour ago, Klasu said:

I think they are just following the strategy that was laid out in the very beginning and discussed in this Billboard article: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8509948/madonna-madame-x-album-campaign-rollout. It's not about pushing individual singles like in the old days. It's about offering people tasters of what's to come, different kind of songs for different target groups. Nothing has been rush released, as the strategy has remained the same from very beginning. The main focus is on the album itself. It's just like the President of Maverick Music Greg Thompson says in the interview above: 

“[The album] is a journey, and there are a lot of chapters,” Thompson explains of the decision to slowly trickle out five tracks ahead of the release, a deviation from Madonna’s previous rollouts. – – “In a world where we’re more song-driven than we’ve been in a long time as an industry, it became a real question and a challenge: How do we make sure that people really understand this album by the time it comes out, but still have songs that can be hit singles in certain areas? – – I think we have a good shot to get a top five club record with some [‘Medellín’] remixes, and get that song into people’s spaces that they might not anticipate.”

So the promotional strategy is about making people understand the album that is maybe more complex than a regular Madonna album. And when it comes to getting hits, I think they have very moderate expectations - such as getting a top five hit on the club chart.

I really want the album to succeed but I really don't care about getting hit singles. Madonna is focusing on the tour & future performances right now, and that is just great. Rest assured, there will be more album promotion in the coming weeks, but the whole promotional concept is different this time.

Yeah sure

That's what it is.

Sure...

13 hours ago, Stephen said:

nah she turned the casuals off 

But Medillian has over 40 million views with video, BBMA performance, audio video etc

So not really

1 hour ago, Klasu said:

Well, I agree. I am realistic and don't expect a huge hit (single) this era, besides I also understand that they want to focus on the album promotion, but the album comes in two weeks and we see no promotion, almost nothing. There are some small interviews on radio and maybe two or three magazines? No performance, no talkshow, nothing. That is what surprises me the most. It is like the buzz is already gone. I don't get it. I keep thinking on this teaser from April and asking what are these visuals for. Based on this teaser it looked like we would get way more videos and maybe performances or surprises but I am beginning to think this all has just been done for the teaser and for the tour (which won't be seen by most people). I am not complaining, it feels just a little underwhelming two weeks before the album release 😞

4 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Well, I agree. I am realistic and don't expect a huge hit (single) this era, besides I also understand that they want to focus on the album promotion, but the album comes in two weeks and we see no promotion, almost nothing. There are some small interviews on radio and maybe two or three magazines? No performance, no talkshow, nothing. That is what surprises me the most. It is like the buzz is already gone. I don't get it. I keep thinking on this teaser from April and asking what are these visuals for. Based on this teaser it looked like we would get way more videos and maybe performances or surprises but I am beginning to think this all has just been done for the teaser and for the tour (which won't be seen by most people). I am not complaining, it feels just a little underwhelming two weeks before the album release 😞

wait till she's starts to promote again- and you will be saying "we are so lucky to have her"  she's everwhere- LOL

3 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

wait till she's starts to promote again- and you will be saying "we are so lucky to have her"  she's everwhere- LOL

well, that is what I am hoping for...

3 hours ago, Monkey said:

Having a hit single is helping a lot to sell tickets.

It’s already been proven... she doesn’t need it to do that. I mean in France everything was sold’ out on pre-sales only !! 

4 minutes ago, Tinpi said:

It’s already been proven... she doesn’t need it to do that. I mean in France everything was sold’ out on pre-sales only !! 

But its a theater with 3000 ppl. And she does 3 cities in Europe and 0 in Asia, Australia etc. For an arena/stadium tour a hit could totally help selling out.

3 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

I am not complaining, it feels just a little underwhelming two weeks before the album release 😞

Yeah, I understand what you mean. The waiting makes us anxious, and when it comes to Madonna, we always want more, more, more. It's just like she sings: "Happy with ten, happier with twenty / If you like a penny, wouldn't you like many much more?" 😁

19 minutes ago, elijah said:

But its a theater with 3000 ppl. And she does 3 cities in Europe and 0 in Asia, Australia etc. For an arena/stadium tour a hit could totally help selling out.

Madonna has never had trouble selling tickets, even during not hit eras.  The theatre thing is something that she obviously wants to do for artistic reasons.  

1 minute ago, sul8323 said:

Madonna has never had trouble selling tickets, even during not hit eras.  The theatre thing is something that she obviously wants to do for artistic reasons.  

But in 2012 she had the semi hit GMAYL, in 2015-2016 it was 3-4 years since her last semi hit. Of course she will always sell theatres, but for a stadium tour a hit would help immensely. And I agree that most likely she wanted a theatre tour. She has been talking about it at least since Tears of a Clown.

1 minute ago, elijah said:

But in 2012 she had the semi hit GMAYL, in 2015-2016 it was 3-4 years since her last semi hit. Of course she will always sell theatres, but for a stadium tour a hit would help immensely. And I agree that most likely she wanted a theatre tour. She has been talking about it at least since Tears of a Clown.

I am a little disappointed that less people will see her.  The first that I ever saw her live was during a stadium tour.  Who's that Girl.  The energy was insane and it was the first time that a woman ever headlined a stadium Tour.  So historic and so much fun.   

15 minutes ago, Klasu said:

Yeah, I understand what you mean. The waiting makes us anxious, and when it comes to Madonna, we always want more, more, more. It's just like she sings: "Happy with ten, happier with twenty / If you like a penny, wouldn't you like many much more?" 😁

I don't know, I think the priorities have changed and the focus is the tour

25 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

I am a little disappointed that less people will see her.  The first that I ever saw her live was during a stadium tour.  Who's that Girl.  The energy was insane and it was the first time that a woman ever headlined a stadium Tour.  So historic and so much fun.   

Same here. I saw her for the first time  on a Montenegro beach with 75 000 ppl in 2008. Great experience. Then I saw her in stadiums in 2009 and 2012 and in an arena in 2015. Her stadium tours were grand, especially MDNA tour!

It isn’t about the music anymore; it’s about participating in the cultural phenomenon surrounding the artist. Case in point is Beyonce. Her ticket sales and album sales are shit compared to M, but she’s able to perpetuate this social media cult around herself. People want to talk about Beyonce but they don’t want to listen to her. M would be successful again (outside of touring) if she were better able to navigate social media but I don’t think that’s something she’s very good at or even interested in being good at. It’s about the music and the performance for her. And I’m fine with that. 

1 hour ago, bcx said:

It isn’t about the music anymore; it’s about participating in the cultural phenomenon surrounding the artist. Case in point is Beyonce. Her ticket sales and album sales are shit compared to M, but she’s able to perpetuate this social media cult around herself. People want to talk about Beyonce but they don’t want to listen to her. M would be successful again (outside of touring) if she were better able to navigate social media but I don’t think that’s something she’s very good at or even interested in being good at. It’s about the music and the performance for her. And I’m fine with that. 

So Bey albums sell less than M these days?

43 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

The video has crossed 2 million views.

That should be 24h number, but its something i guess..

The theater tour will hopefully create demand for an arena/stadium tour in non selected regions that will coincide w/ any future/further musical surprises she may have in store ie a new greatest hits or b sides release or Reimagined Hits Tour. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

That should be 24h number, but its something i guess..

Sure. 2.9 million subscribers. Some of them havent watch it yet. after a week 🤔