"Looking For Mercy" thread

This song is incredible. I was so afraid this could have turned somehow like Superstar oder Spanish Lesson (sorry people who like them). It is wonderful and touching

Oh my Heavenly Father.

Dan Wootten was correct in his glowing review.

This has some of the best vocals from her in a history of wonderful performances.  She really goes for some notes here.

Everything about this song from the lyrics to the vocals to the melodies to the production is SPOT ON.

This is the most surprising song for me. I was expecting a *bonus material* from this one and then BAM!

One of the most beatiful and emotional Madonna songs on her career and you guys know that means a lot!

Damn, Madame X :dramatic:

5 hours ago, Shane said:

Oh my Heavenly Father.

Dan Wootten was correct in his glowing review.

This has some of the best vocals from her in a history of wonderful performances.  She really goes for some notes here.

Everything about this song from the lyrics to the vocals to the melodies to the production is SPOT ON.

I knew you would like it, :laugh:

This is her Falling Free/Messiah moment, where she just effortlessly nails a ballad that shuts the mouths of people who say she can’t sing.

She has maintained a lot of her range, and there is great strength in this delivery.

HUGE fan. One of those WTF situations where one of the gems is a bonus track.

It should be on the main album. It’s a standout. Her vocals are warm and intoxicating.  Love this gem of a song!

12 hours ago, Andra said:

I expected from the reviews for this to be a very meh song, instead it's one of the best on the album are u kidding me

I know right?? :lmao:

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

What a lovely song.  The pulsating sounds are epic.  I love how we hear more of her natural vocals in this as well.  Definitely this is one of my favorites from the album. 

Her vocals are so earnest, warm, inviting, and lush. Reminds me of "Live to Tell" from a heartfelt vocal perspective. Amazing song on the strength of Madonna's voice.

11 hours ago, Shane said:

This is her Falling Free/Messiah moment, where she just effortlessly nails a ballad that shuts the mouths of people who say she can’t sing.

She has maintained a lot of her range, and there is great strength in this delivery.

Agree! I think Looking For Mercy is what she could have done with Messiah which despite being a gorgeous ballad it did sound half-baked and unfairly shortened.

I really dig in this song right now. 

the lyrics... Damn. Spot on. The part where she sing "somebody to teach me how to love. Somebody to help me rise above. I need to survive.... " really hits me.