Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

27 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Yeah I was wondering the same.. I kept posting everything I found but after an hour, no one seemed to reply anymore.. you'd think after this drama, they'd be excited about the first few good "teasing" reviews

Feeding off negativity when we could be celebrating some insane news. It says a lot.

I think Eurovision is already tiring.

Many of my friends, family have told me that they have been disappointed

I think Madonna was misinformed about Eurovision, 

Eurofans want to dance, have fun .. (even if I hate Eurovision).

the non-fan people hear that Madonna does some amazing shows, she dancing. unfortunately the message of peace does not interest them too much.

I think they expected to see something more cheerful, like in the Suprbowl and not a dark and deep performance.

the pity is that it is a show that millions of people see.

what was going to be a push for tour ticket sales for non-fan audiences has become otherwise.

I've seen the performance again and I do not think it was such a disaster, but I understand that a non-fan wants fun, dance ..

proud of Madonna and her message. 

17 hours ago, Monkey said:

She was lost in the performance. Her voice was terrible. The message was dark and messy. Totally inapropriate for the Eurovision. It's like she couldn't give a fuck about Eurovision, people who watch this program. Oh let's do this dark boring version of LAP and then future dressed like joan of arc, because it's coherent with the artistic message I want to share. I was mortified during the performance, 10 people around me laughing and saying how bad she was singing, how weird the spoken word was and finally how bad and autotuned the new song was. The guy who hosted the night then proposed to put an old Madonna song (true blue) and we all danced. I was more upset, cause this is exactly what she should have done: a beautiful and joyfull performance with oldies and a good new song. Soryy I love her, like really, but for the first time I cannot defend her.

I’ve heard this a lot = «  poor me, Madonna disappointed me in front of my friends » lol grow a pair and move on 

3 minutes ago, graffitiheart said:

I’ve heard this a lot = «  poor me, Madonna disappointed me in front of my friends » lol grow a pair and move on 

Get new mates....init 😋

On 5/20/2019 at 9:50 PM, Crystal Coffin said:

The 4th thread. 👍

It's a major "success" (interpret it in any way you to) and certainly NOT forgettable.

So yes, anyone who is not in the UK/Europe/Australia: Please do understand that things like the Drake kiss, the Prince tribute, and the Aretha speech, were ABSOLUTELY nothing compared to the Eurovision 2019. 

To quote from the performance itself: WAKE UP. 

Drama queen

1 minute ago, graffitiheart said:

Drama queen

If anything, it's YOU who are the drama queen here for quoting a post from 21 May to "make a point". Everyone else has moved the FUCK on so please cut it out, drama queen. 

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

If anything, it's YOU who are the drama queen here for quoting a post from 21 May to "make a point". Everyone else has moved the FUCK on so please cut it out, drama queen. 

Yawn

I am a major cunt on this forum, I have NEVER been the nicest person on MadonnaNation.

But EVEN I could never be as cunty as this: 

17 minutes ago, graffitiheart said:

Some people are just SICK animals. 

29 minutes ago, graffitiheart said:

maybe that's why some ex fans are so bitter? feeling shame when their fave doesn't sing well or has a flop.. it's so childish.. I'd be more hurt by the comments made and having to listen to it but I would never feel shame to be a MADONNA FAN.

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

maybe that's why some ex fans are so bitter? feeling shame when their fave doesn't sing well or has a flop.. it's so childish.. I'd be more hurt by the comments made and having to listen to it but I would never feel shame to be a MADONNA FAN.

It's not about being ashamed as a fan of Madonna, please UNDERSTAND THE FUCKING CONTEXT Nikki.

These British and European and Aussie fans (NOT me, I'm in another continent and I have never watched EV before the M perf but I totally understand the show) expressed their disappointment over a poor, underwhelming mega performance by A LIVING LEGEND who THEY LOVE SO MUCH and sorry for the harsh tone but for God's sake you cannot even hear how clearly bad she sounded when singing LAP.

Just give it a rest please.

Hey, you, don't you give up
It's not so bad
There's still a chance for us
🙂

Eh, what's done is done. This already seems like a long ugly distant memory. We can move on now, today we have the Crave video to look forward to and probably a ton of other exciting stuff like more promo, Pride, the album, tour, etc

Well, I don't want to go too much into this discussion now because obviously almost everything has been said now. However, there is one thing that I would like to comment on. Many of you say she doesn't take the road less travelled by. To a certain degree this is true for sure, but not in every aspect. I mean, can you explain to me why she released GMAYL and performed it at the Superbowl? Even considering that there are fans who like this song is beyond me. I mean this is one of the most generic and cheap songs ever, at least by Madonna standards. So she could have made a compromise between delivering a message AND a crowd pleasing performance, but unfortunately she didn't in my opinion and I really wish that I were more thrilled with it. But things can't be changed now.

Edited by Fitho

5 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

It's not about being ashamed as a fan of Madonna, please UNDERSTAND THE FUCKING CONTEXT Nikki.

These British and European and Aussie fans (NOT me, I'm in another continent and I have never watched EV before the M perf but I totally understand the show) expressed their disappointment over a poor, underwhelming mega performance by A LIVING LEGEND who THEY LOVE SO MUCH and sorry for the harsh tone but for God's sake you cannot even hear how clearly bad she sounded when singing LAP.

Just give it a rest please.

Nah, I hear something is off, but it doesn't really bother me that much. It's more the flat sound. I don't hear the dying cat pain everyone is making it out to be. And of course fans are disappointed. but "shame" is a very big word.

Crikey, the way some of you drama queens carry on 😂

I made the mistake of reading the first Eurovision thread before I had a chance to watch the performance, scared me off for days.

Ive now watched it and really enjoyed it.

I Hope Some Day You Will Join Us

And the Wohoaralld wil live as Ouwannnnnn *croack*

*AUTOTUNES and UPLOADS*

And the woooooorld wil live as ooooone

20448350.gif

38 minutes ago, ITG said:

GODDAMNIT! 🤣

BITCHES....

THIS THREAD IS LOCKED!

GO TO MADAME X ALBUM THREAD

.....EXCITING TID BITS!!

Why do you keep bumping it if you want everyone to move on?

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

...but it doesn't really bother me that much.

Which coming from you is even more shocking than the actual perf tbqh.

41 minutes ago, tigga said:

Crikey, the way some of you drama queens carry on 😂

I made the mistake of reading the first Eurovision thread before I had a chance to watch the performance, scared me off for days.

Ive now watched it and really enjoyed it.

Someone watched the "fixed" version...😜

28 minutes ago, acko said:

And the Wohoaralld wil live as Ouwannnnnn *croack*

*AUTOTUNES and UPLOADS*

And the woooooorld wil live as ooooone

That's now TWO performances with augmented reality we've had this era!

4 hours ago, stevo208 said:

It's quite telling when this negative mess of a thread is lighting up hot and the madame x album discussion, with tasty exciting early thoughts from reviewers should be on fire, but isn't. 

What's wrong with everyone?

Because the person posting the listening party info didn't make a new topic and no one adjusted the thread title to let everyone know about it. But now I have - Ta Dah!

OMG just found out one of my friends was one of the monks at Eurovision!! Insane! He was one of the ones closest to M on stage. Said they rehearsed with her for 2 weeks 😀