Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

48 minutes ago, Starman said:

I love that she keeps working but She is just destroying her legacy at this point, had she been more reclusive and made every appearance an Event we wouldnt be discussing this.Think of rolling stones how they only appear on TV when they are on point.

There was nothing fierce about that performance, it looked like she struggled to keep walking and standing still, at least the BBA had a smile on her face even though that was a boring too.

Its ok if she cant perform like she used to, we will never know what are the circumstances. But  i feel there was no effort from her part in this performance. The fact that she choose such a bad song like future and had the nerve do bring quavo To eurovision when if shes doing an album inspired by portugal? Why not bring some of that talent there? Or is that a Lie? I dont think she cares about music anymore... Shes certainly not interested in singing or taking care of her voice. She looks uncomfortable on stage.

The best moment was the snippet of music in the before the show interview... She wants to protest against israel? Why accept the gig on the first place?

Why grills again? Why trap and RnB? What happened to Madame X personas? All I see is bitch im madonna 2.0...

its even more shame because she does look great in this era, the face is on point. A lot of people were rooting for her. The gay community is eager for a Madonna song yet she collaborates with an homophobic rapper? Why not at least Frank Ocean?

Its just frustrating to see such an Amazing woman make mistake after mistake and embarrasse herself for the last 5 years

Had she done even La vie en Rose on her ukulele would have been more interesting 

Are you serious or is this a parody of a frustrated M fan? Are you even a fan?

Reminded me of this video by the Great Pud:

Why can't we just move on and look to the future? M certainly does.

11 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Why do people posting negative press?

Why don't they post this article instead?

Opinion Thanks Iceland, Madonna for Disrupting Eurovision's Big Deception

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/eurovision/.premium-israel-eurovision-thanks-iceland-madonna-for-disrupting-big-deception-1.7256774

I posted the Jerusalem Post article because thought it was interesting that they posted about the altered vocals. I only heard that discussed on here and in YouTube comments. Meanwhile, the press in the US has not posted about Eurovision at all, as far as I've seen.

Just now, Dindi said:

This! It’s starting to feel quite the opposite of a fan forum in that people are almost relishing in rehashing the negative.   It’s one thing to acknowledge a bad performance but another to just ruminate on it, and even discrediting all her music in the last few years.

Especially discrediting new album which hasn't appeared yet! Stick to the topic!

You can express your negative thoughts about the album when it comes out.

And if you don't like the new direction, you can always listen to her older music.

Just now, alquemist said:

Clearly this thread (performance discussion) has become a excuse for some people to diss this era, the Madame X songs and to expose the frustrations as a “fans”.

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

Clearly this thread (performance discussion) has become a excuse for some people to diss this era, the Madame X songs and to expose the frustrations as a “fans”.

This 

Cant wait for this Portuguese album so we can forget about this negativity surrounding her performance.

Im not sure that I hear a bad vocal during LAP. I do however hear that libretto effect on her voice that makes it sound slightly  unnatural. She always uses this live but this time the pitch of it was kinda low. I love it most of the time especially when she used it for  “you must love me” during the sticky and sweet concert.

4 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I posted the Jerusalem Post article because thought it was interesting that they posted about the altered vocals. I only heard that discussed on here and in YouTube comments. Meanwhile, the press in the US has not posted about Eurovision at all, as far as I've seen.

In a few hours they ll  post about her fans meltdowns going on & on & on

7 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I understand, but let's be a little bit positive.

I'm sure Madonna noticed what had been the problems with her performance when it comes to her vocal issues and staging and I'm sure she will work hard to prove her haters wrong.

Fingers crossed and let's look forward to a new album. 

1 minute ago, ursula said:

We're all here to express ourselves, so we can respect ourselves hey hey

If people really respected themselves (or M as an artist), they wouldn't post so much BS or jump on the ridiculous bandwagon of "constant bullying and relentless abuse" (quote from her BB speech).

2 minutes ago, ursula said:

bullying =\ caring 

I express my grievings because I care, I don't go on her social medias and throw insults -> that is bullying

You are right. Didn't mean to offend you. Sorry if I did. I am just fed up with all that negative bullshit coming from so-called "fans".

When there’s so much negativity already outside this forum, it’s just nice to focus on some of the more positive aspects for a change, rather than feeding the fire.  Positive things like her fantastic new single and video “Crave,” which could use a lot more love and support right now.

I’m not shocked just really disappointed that this is not even a safe place to be a Madonna fan anymore when viscous attacks on Madonna have become the norm. Yes, it’s getting close to bullying all the things that are being said after just one performance. I understand we have a right to express ourselves air our grievances but this has taken an ugly turn the likes of which  I don’t remember ever seeing on this forum. 

Madonna should release Dark Ballet this Friday to distract us from this ESC mess! Time to move on! 

Just now, Boki_D said:

Madonna should release Dark Ballet this Friday to distract us from this ESC mess! Time to move on! 

yeah i would love a dark ballet release.

She was lost in the performance. Her voice was terrible. The message was dark and messy. Totally inapropriate for the Eurovision. It's like she couldn't give a fuck about Eurovision, people who watch this program. Oh let's do this dark boring version of LAP and then future dressed like joan of arc, because it's coherent with the artistic message I want to share. I was mortified during the performance, 10 people around me laughing and saying how bad she was singing, how weird the spoken word was and finally how bad and autotuned the new song was. The guy who hosted the night then proposed to put an old Madonna song (true blue) and we all danced. I was more upset, cause this is exactly what she should have done: a beautiful and joyfull performance with oldies and a good new song. Soryy I love her, like really, but for the first time I cannot defend her.

20 minutes ago, alquemist said:

Ive never seen this. Word! 

1 minute ago, Monkey said:

She was lost in the performance. Her voice was terrible. The message was dark and messy. Totally inapropriate for the Eurovision. It's like she couldn't give a fuck about Eurovision, people who watch this program. Oh let's do this dark boring version of LAP and then future dressed like joan of arc, because it's coherent with the artistic message I want to share. I was mortified during the performance, 10 people around me laughing and saying how bad she was singing, how weird the spoken word was and finally how bad and autotuned the new song was. The guy who hosted the night then proposed to put an old Madonna song (true blue) and we all danced. I was more upset, cause this is exactly what she should have done: a beautiful and joyfull performance with oldies and a good new song. Soryy I love her, like really, but for the first time I cannot defend her.

Gurrl you'll live, and so will Madonna! 

7 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

I’m not shocked just really disappointed that this is not even a safe place to be a Madonna fan anymore when viscous attacks on Madonna have become the norm. Yes, it’s getting close to bullying all the things that are being said after just one performance. I understand we have a right to express ourselves air our grievances but this has taken an ugly turn the likes of which  I don’t remember ever seeing on this forum. 

I need more puppies and kittens! 

It is very sad to hear the comments of some fans, this post is very depressing, I think I will not enter in a few days..

if the fans talk like that ... I do not want to imagine the Haters. 

I think all this is getting out of hand, it would not be her best performance but this is disproportionate