Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

1 minute ago, the-queen said:

Yeah, I couldn’t care less about this random’s ‘expert opinion’. Seems some people are passionately obsessed about crapping on M about this Eurovision terrorist attack that has crashed the stock market, beating the dead horse over and over. That’s not my scene and never will be. 

Signed! 

it seems that people love to hate Madonna

I have not seen this disproportionate reaction in these other actions.

I think they are much more embarrassing.

Madonna has out of tune in some notes, but she has done a great show.

a pity that the shit of society in which we live of more importance to sing badly than to the message of peace that was in the performance.it seems that they did not understand

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

She's ok but I hope she's got some big songs in the album. Just like after Erótica she  changed plans and instead of Bad Girl she released Deeper and Deeper or after American Life she went all glam ande filmed Hollywood, it's time for a big song imo. Dark Ballet sounds experimental. I'm not sure it suits. 

We don't know her strategy for the album, tbqh. The release seems random but maybe she has a plan. Not pushing either Medellin or Crave is weird but it's her plan. We'll know in the long run. 

We need something upbeat, joyful and to kick everyone's arse. 

4 minutes ago, JWAD said:

Dark Ballet won't be joyful, but I agree with you. 😊

I can't understand why some of you are so happy to keep this drama active for 48 hours. Move on! Like all these fake scandals of the last few years, most people have been talking about the subject for only 24 hours except her fans. In Americas, where Eurovision is of no importance, there has not even been mention of the poor singing. If people clung with so much passion to what is going well in her career, there would be much more positivity around here.

12 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

it seems that people love to hate Madonna

I have not seen this disproportionate reaction in these other actions.

What was wrong with Beyoncé’s performance? Was she lipsynching? Sorry this is the first time I come across this video. 

1 hour ago, Sasori84 said:

As someone said in an earlier post, the GP had put Madame X aside, thinking she had almost stopped making music. This is the first time, after the fall @ the Brits, that Madonna is the main topic of discussion and the main dish for haters' lunch. They were just waiting for something like this to happen and took the chance to let their ancient vitriol flow... This is just part of a well known cycle (Erotica/Sex book anyone?), the only difference being the rise of social media and the constant need to spit on anything that comes with it.

Nowadays, everyone feels entitled to leave an immediate comment on every subject, even the ones that need a specific knowledge. No research, no curiosity, just the impulse to have a say in the matter, and that's easy to do hiding behind a monitor. 

IMO this magnifies the backlash and our perception of it, given that the LAP performance has been truly pretty unfortunate. 

The artistic concept was there (even as a Met Gala rehash), vocodered Future was just splendid (apart from Quavo), the LAP execution a tad below expectations.

Being a trained singer myself, I tend to think it's been a combination of both technical issues with mic and in-ear monitors and lack of vocal warm-up. If you notice, some notes are sung in "glissando" , meaning that she's trying to adjust the tune after a flat start. This could confirm a real problem with monitors. On the other hand, the inconstancy of her vibrato (when she gets it right, it's wonderful) shows lack of vocal practice before the performance. That said, it wasn't the disaster they're claiming it to be. 

Leaving technicalities aside, there's also something really positive: in specific frames, her tone is thicker, richer than usual, especially in the deep range. Her voice shows a new maturity and that's a gift. It just needs more work and I'm sure it will be done just in time for the tour. 

Also, the continuous talk is working as a mean to spread the real message of the performance and raise awareness about new music from M. Haters and GP are going to stream the album for sure, even if only out of curiosity and in search of something to criticize...And I'm sure they'll find a pretty solid record, with little space for critics. 

So, let's just wait a little bit more and see what happens: the tide will start to turn #soon! 

1 hour ago, Sasori84 said:

Thank u 😍! I usually don't post but read everything.. This time I wanted to share my opinion, giving a different and positive perspective to those who have been suffering since Saturday night. 

:clap:   Brilliantly said @Sasori84.  Rational, reasonable, acknowledging the issues but also seeing the bigger picture. Please post more in the future! 

9 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

I can not believe that some of you are happy to keep this drama active for 48 hours. Move on! Like all these fake scandals of the last few years, most people have been talking about the subject for only 24 hours except her fans. In Americas, where Eurovision is of no importance, there has not even been mention of the poor singing. If people clung with so much passion to what is going well in her career, there would be much more positivity around here.

dm2zc4.jpg

I've mentioned it many times before, but besides getting an all new MD (even whole new band)...just for personal taste, I would love to see her bring the live backing singers back into the performances with her. Not just because I always loved that aspect of her performance style...but I think live backing singers (besides just pre-sequenced vocals) would help solve a lot of these issues. I would love to see 4 singers...4 women, or perhaps even 2 guys and 2 girls...bring them more forward in the mix, and have them round out her vocal presentation during live performance. I think it could help in moments like these where she is struggling to find her vocal footing during a live show...not to mention, just make her music sound richer to the ear.

That with a whole new band, including LIVE bass, percussion, perhaps 2 guitar players, bringing the live drums more forward into the mix, one or two keys, and even a horn or specialty instrument section would just be the icing on the cake. And she doesn't have to sacrifice visuals or theatrics for it.

Along with consistent vocal training, I think it would ultimately help solve a lot, if not all, of these issues. And the great thing is, it's all completely doable.

6 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I've mentioned it many times before, but besides getting an all new MD (even whole new band)...just for personal taste, I would love to see her bring the live backing singers back into the performances with her. Not just because I always loved that aspect of her performance style...but I think live backing singers (besides just pre-sequenced vocals) would help solve a lot of these issues. I would love to see 4 singers...4 women, or perhaps even 2 guys and 2 girls...bring them more forward in the mix, and have them round out her vocal presentation during live performance. I think it could help in moments like these where she is struggling to find her vocal footing during a live show...not to mention, just make her music sound richer to the ear.

That with a whole new band, including LIVE bass, percussion, perhaps 2 guitar players, bringing the live drums more forward into the mix, one or two keys, and even a horn or specialty instrument section would just be the icing on the cake. And she doesn't have to sacrifice visuals or theatrics for it.

You better hush!!! You speaking too much truth!!! 🙌🏼

29 minutes ago, Andra said:

I called my mom and asked what she thought about M's performance, she said she really liked it.❤️ Well at least someone did.

She was protecting you hun. 💋

39 minutes ago, JWAD said:

Yes that's the problem for me. People say 'get over it, she changes' but then we have to accept it won't work for most people. Im not sure who Future is for. She needs happiness.

Hoping the album comes through.

3 minutes ago, Danny Bubbles said:

Yes that's the problem for me. People say 'get over it, she changes' but then we have to accept it won't work for most people. Im not sure who Future is for. She needs happiness.

Faz Gostoso! Or Bitch I’m Loca!! Or Come Alive!! Or Killers Who Are Partying!! 

So many options! 

4 minutes ago, Danny Bubbles said:

I think you will be pleased with Bitch im Loca and Ciao Bella

And Soltare.

3 minutes ago, Danny Bubbles said:

Oh "she needs happiness"? Does she?please

36 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

I can't understand why some of you are so happy to keep this drama active for 48 hours. Move on! Like all these fake scandals of the last few years, most people have been talking about the subject for only 24 hours except her fans. In Americas, where Eurovision is of no importance, there has not even been mention of the poor singing. If people clung with so much passion to what is going well in her career, there would be much more positivity around here.

Amen brother

8 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Noticed that when it comes to the US media, hardly any mention of the bum notes on LAP...all attention is paid to the political nature of the performance, and the flags presented. And not overly negative, from what I've seen. Interesting.

5 hours ago, Katypatra said:

If it was Gaga, she would have turned it into a victim trip, blaming depression or some shit, and I guarantee, the media would have been so supportive and encouraging. But it’s Madonna. And it’s popular to hate on Madonna. I saw a bunch of “fans” on M’s fb account bitching that they too had the “right” to express their satisfaction and be objective. So I replied to them: 

“Yes you can be objective. Yes you can express your dissatisfaction with the performance. Just remember, there are millions of you and there is only one Madonna. Kick her down to the floor with your criticism till she breaks or be a decent human and help her get through this difficult moment!” 

The press and social media have been absolutely despicable in Europe, but I’m glad in the US they are focusing on the message and not on the flat notes. 

If this were Caca, you can be sure the next day she would be posting a selfie from hospital saying she had to get emergency surgery because her vocal cords had been damaged. 😂 

I do think it is time to move on though. M fans need to stick together and not surrender to the ridiculous claims that this is the end. Please don’t question her artistry or talent. That’s exactly what the haters want.

This woman has seen it all, done it all, and always overcame the obstacles put in front of her. This won’t be any different. ❤️

6 minutes ago, the-queen said:

Never heard of him.

I don’t understand it either. She wasn’t very nice to Madonna. Didn’t contribute any useful information or tips. Didn’t bring anything new to the table except continuesly bash Madonna’s singing and the new song Future. Why do we even give any attention to this creature is beyond me. 

3 minutes ago, headonfire said:

The press and social media have been absolutely despicable in Europe, but I’m glad in the US they are focusing on the message and not on the flat notes. 

If this were Caca, you can be sure the next day she would be posting a selfie from hospital saying she had to get emergency surgery because her vocal cords had been damaged. 😂 

I do think it is time to move on though. M fans need to stick together and not surrender to the ridiculous claims that this is the end. Please don’t question her artistry or talent. That’s exactly what the haters want.

This woman has seen it all, done it all, and always overcame the obstacles put in front of her. This won’t be any different. ❤️

Thank you! Completely agree with you! ♥️

I just wanted 2 say, that of course it was gonna have a different resonance in the US.

It wasn't covered and broadcasted in real time, and the event, which here rivals the World Cup and the
Olympic Games in terms of households reached and water cooler value (since the late 50's), doesn't have
the same cultural impact. Had it been MTV or some Awards Show nobody would have cared. The same way
nobody cares about the super bowl here. But the fact remains that it is a PR disaster.