Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

Apparently igonrance is bliss! She really should have owned up to the performance for whatever it turned out to be. Everyone has an off day, but to keep turning a blind eye is no bueno! 

I can't wait for the album to drop, so we can move on. #crave 

3 minutes ago, ursula said:

"There is no such thing as bad publicity" Maybe she'll prove to be right once again?

So true. Things have a way of working out and she prevails the negativity

9 minutes ago, Alvarø said:

I don't know, but I'm expecting some kind of press release from her about the performance.

the only reason I can think of why she may be quiet is because it hasn't made noise in the us and wants to keep it that way. other than that, there's no reason why she can't try to fix this, why she can't upload something acoustic on instagram and explain that sometimes she goes wrong. just be real. this is not the 90s

The amount of hate and criticism this woman receives in 1 day would be enough to make anyone crawl into a hole and never come out again, yet she’s endured 30 years of endless abuse and keeps on going, all in the name of provoking change and spreading love. It breaks my heart to see the comments left on her instagram with everything she posts but especially her most recent one.  Makes me cry, in fact.   

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

The amount of hate and criticism this woman receives in 1 day would be enough to make anyone crawl into a hole and never come out again, yet she’s endured 30 years of endless abuse and keeps on going, all in the name of provoking change and spreading love. It breaks my heart to see the comments left on her instagram with everything she posts but especially her most recent one.  Makes me cry, in fact.   

Especially in this forum..so heartbreaking to see tons of pages of negativity. Why is that when she achieve something or had an amazing performance like in the BBMAs she get only a handful of pages. So sad..

1 minute ago, johndvd25 said:

Especially in this forum..so heartbreaking to see tons of pages of negativity. Why is that when she achieve something or had an amazing performance like in the BBMAs she get only a handful of pages. So sad..

It's because misery loves company. 

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

the only reason I can think of why she may be quiet is because it hasn't made noise in the us and wants to keep it that way. other than that, there's no reason why she can't try to fix this, why she can't upload something acoustic on instagram and explain that sometimes she goes wrong. just be real. this is not the 90s

Sorry but Madonna owes no explanation for anything. If people think she's a horrible skank that can't sing and should rot and die, that's their prerogative really. No acoustic upload (which ANYONE can find already if they really wanted to btw) is going to change anything.

These seemingly extreme negative reactions are  the new norm for Madonna  if you haven't noticed already and we just have to learn to adjust to this as her fans. 

The 4th thread. 👍

It's a major "success" (interpret it in any way you to) and certainly NOT forgettable.

So yes, anyone who is not in the UK/Europe/Australia: Please do understand that things like the Drake kiss, the Prince tribute, and the Aretha speech, were ABSOLUTELY nothing compared to the Eurovision 2019. 

To quote from the performance itself: WAKE UP. 

Hopefully Madonna will carry her ass on back home for some performances before the album drops. Really hoping the US gives her a #1 album this time. Most really loved her BBMA performance.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

i feel this, too.

i've been attacked mentally.

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

Sorry but Madonna owes no explanation for anything. If people think she's a horrible skank that can't sing and should rot and die, that's their prerogative really. No acoustic upload (which ANYONE can find already if they really wanted to btw) is going to change anything.

These seemingly extreme negative reactions are  the new norm for Madonna  if you haven't noticed already and we just have to learn to adjust to this as her fans. 

sorry but you're wrong. it WOULD help. and if she went online right after the performance and talked about technical difficulties, at least instead of hating, more people would talk about what can go wrong during live shows and that ear monitors can fuck things up.. then ending it with an acapella sounding really good, would silence a lot of people already. right now she's letting the hate have the last word.

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

It really makes me sad how much hate she is getting about this not just the political part.. But also the singing she was probably nervous singing in front of so many people. I hope she's ok! I hope this entire thing blows over soon.

7 minutes ago, Nikki said:

sorry but you're wrong. it WOULD help. and if she went online right after the performance and talked about technical difficulties, at least instead of hating, more people would talk about what can go wrong during live shows and that ear monitors can fuck things up.. then ending it with an acapella sounding really good, would silence a lot of people already. right now she's letting the hate have the last word.

But why would anyone care really? 

People don't like excuses and Madonna isn't much for receiving sympathy. Tech difficulties, nervousness, bad earpieces etc.....as far as most anyone is concerned, these are things that should've been addressed before she hit the stage.  The point is some people thought she sucked. The end. She doesn't need to backtrack. She's never done that with any other vocally off performance in her career and she's had many.

Besides, I'm sure you can see some of the reviews have nothing to do with her vocals whatsoever, many opportunists have made themselves visible over the past couple of days in the press so those people will just brush off any excuse she gives anyways.

5 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The 4th thread. 👍

It's a major "success" (interpret it in any way you to) and certainly NOT forgettable.

So yes, anyone who is not in the UK/Europe/Australia: Please do understand that things like the Drake kiss, the Prince tribute, and the Aretha speech, were ABSOLUTELY nothing compared to the Eurovision 2019. 

To quote from the performance itself: WAKE UP. 

Yes. This. Omg are we still wringing our hands about this? Let's channel our energy towards something positive--like getting Crave on the radio and anticipating all the Mirwais tracks that are on their way and basking in the knowledge that she's still striving and creating and confounding expectations after all these years...

Dreadful panel pitted against to outnumber that one guy defending Madonna. Kudos to him getting his point across and keeping his composure. I would’ve spit at Piers!

24 minutes ago, Nikki said:

True true true you're right with the US part. Time and silence are, sometimes, the best medicine. 

Just now, Ven Conmigo said:

Dreadful panel pitted against to outnumber that one guy defending Madonna. He got his point across and kept his composure. I would’ve spit at Piers!

We need a ban on every post that contains that face or name. It's not healthy to see that thing while we're happily scrolling. Ugh.

46 minutes ago, ursula said:

"There is no such thing as bad publicity" Maybe she'll prove it is true once again?

After all, she is currently receiving massive attention again and could take advantage of it, if the album is truly such a masterpiece as it currently seems. I think she should get over it and focus on promoting commercial singles.

Just now, Bette Davis Dub said:

After all, she is currently receiving massive attention again and could take advantage of it, if the album is truly such a masterpiece as it currently seems. I think she should get over it and focus on promoting commercial singles.

Agreed! Hoping she'll be coming back home to the US soon to do that for the next few weeks!!

4 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

Dreadful panel pitted against to outnumber that one guy defending Madonna. Kudos to him getting his point across and keeping his composure. I would’ve spit at Piers!

He's such a vile son of a bitch.

Ive rewatched the performance again. Am i the only one who got goose bumps with LAP? Love Future even more. I hope the negativity will eventually subside. Lets go back to the overwhelming positivity and excitement of the past few weeks when Madame X era started. 

1 minute ago, johndvd25 said:

Ive rewatched the performance again. Am i the only one who got goose bumps with LAP? Love Future even more. I hope the negativity will eventually subside. Lets go back to the overwhelming positivity of  the past weeks when Madame X era started. 

Future is now on pair with Medellín for me. Both jams! 

2 minutes ago, johndvd25 said:

Ive rewatched the performance again. Am i the only one who got goose bumps with LAP? Love Future even more. I hope the negativity will eventually subside. Lets go back to the overwhelming positivity and excitement of the past few weeks when Madame X era started. 

It did me too. I loved it regardless of any issues as there is so much to her performances besides vocals. Anyway, she's fire and I love her in the good and bad times.