New Madonna interview: Têtu Magazine - France

„Mon Album

Les Gays

Et Moi“

:laugh:

Looking forward to this! Hopefully more interviews will pop up now as we‘re nearing the album release.

Not exactly sure why either Madonna is not on the cover, been wondering that myself, but will see what will unfold when this is out - from what I gather this is the main gay online magazine in France.

And I have made a mistake with my translation I think, my apologies, out on Wednesday based on the video info (Medellin) which says 22/05/19.

2 hours ago, strictmachine said:

The whole raison d’être of this magazine has always been about hot men on the cover...

Used to, before they stopped publishing it and relaunched it recently with more ‘relatable’ people on the cover.

They usually don’t put big stars on the cover. This month’s cover is one of the most popular French soccer players, Griezmann, straight guy who’s helping fight homophobia in sports.

2 minutes ago, Dams said:

Looks like there’s a second cover with M on it instead of the soccer player:

Wow. Just wow ❤️❤️❤️

1 hour ago, Dams said:

Looks like there’s a second cover with M on it instead of the soccer player:

I kinda like this cover more than the British Vogue one. 

1 minute ago, pjcowley said:

"Madonna... MadameX... on the cover of a magazine" - VOILA' folks:

D7GwrElXsAEGtXJ.jpg

Tomorrow

I can't wait for the trench coat Madame X persona...

..I think it will be the persona she uses for the theartre shoot with the queens.

13 hours ago, Confessit said:

I can't wait for the trench coat Madame X persona...

..I think it will be the persona she uses for the theartre shoot with the queens.

The cover takes my breath away, love this look. 

Madonna talks 'Madame X's political power and being a gay icon with French LGBT magazine Têtu

"I feel blessed to have a voice, and to be able to use it to help people don’t have one."

Just days after her performance at Eurovision Song Contest grand final caused controversy with its powerful (and unnapproved) message of unity between Israelis and Palestinians, Madonna has insisted that her upcoming record Madame X is her most politically-charged since 2003's American Life.

Appearing on the cover of French LGBT magazine Têtu - on newsstands from today (22 May) - the 'Medellín' singer reveals she "frightened" by the current political climate but that she hopes her new material will help "inspire people to act."

In an exclusive interview in which she also discusses her relationship with the LGBTQ community, Madonna is asked whether she is scared, angry or fed up with the state of the world.

The singer replies (translated from French): "All those feelings you mentioned. I’m scared. Frightened by so many things going on in this world. As you are I’m sure.

"But I’m also optimistic. I think the future is full of possibilities. And I hope I was able to channel my anger and my rage in order to create a music full of joy."

She adds: "To me, in many ways, this album is the continuation of American Life."

Madonna's career has been defined by her political and social activism - of using cultural provocation to spark discussion - and the star is also asked how she feels about populist right-wing figures such as Donald Trump and Marine Le Pen co-opting such tactics to espouse hate.

"If you’re a narrow-minded person using provocation, then your message will be narrow-minded," she replies. "It depends on the intention of the provocateur."

She adds: "I don’t see the world through labels and categories.

"But society loves to categorise, label and separate people: the poor, the gays, the Africans… Because it make us feel safe."

Madonna, who will release Madame X on 7 June, is also asked how she feels about being regarded as possibly the world's great gay icon, and whether it's a title she 'claims'.

"I think it’s weird to call myself an icon," she says. "I feel blessed to have a voice, and to be able to use it to help people don’t have one and to fight for the rights of those who are not heard.

"I think the word ‘icon’ is a word that other people can give you. But I can’t claim it for myself. Do you think I’m an icon?

Told she's the very "definition", Madonna replies: "So if you think I’m an icon, then I am one!"

The new issue of Têtu is on newsstands from today (22 May).

https://www.attitude.co.uk/article/madonna-talks-madame-xs-political-power-and-being-a-gay-icon-with-french-lgbt-magazine-tetu-1/21007/