EUROVISION! The aftermath!

2 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Ive heard much worse notes on live show from that Beyonce woman

lmao you know for a fact that's not true, i'm not that much of a fan of beyonce, i find her themes a bit repetitive... but she does lyrical singing live... anyway what i'm saying is the concept was weak af, because i'm not criticizing the singing, idc... like it's madonna.. the queen of reinvention doing church imagery... again... doing joan of arc... again... doing a political performance like it's 2006, expecting everyone to think it's somehow innovative

19 minutes ago, articunocc said:

no she can make whatever choice she wants, i'm a fan but i'm not blind, the flake in this case is kind of her fault

Yes the bum notes came from her mouth

Other than that there were no hickups from her part (dont know who mixed it)

She didnt want it easy with the show and this reaction was pretty much predicted from the song choices and quavo, risky

3 minutes ago, articunocc said:

lmao you know for a fact that's not true, i'm not that much of a fan of beyonce, i find her themes a bit repetitive... but she does lyrical singing live... anyway what i'm saying is the concept was weak af, because i'm not criticizing the singing, idc... like it's madonna.. the queen of reinvention doing church imagery... again... doing joan of arc... again... doing a political performance like it's 2006, expecting everyone to think it's somehow innovative

Yeah right. :lmao:

Flush this Beyonka mess. 

2 minutes ago, articunocc said:

Ugh leave that horrible woman outta this. She INVENTED the concept of uploading videos with fake sound.

1 hour ago, idro said:

....so if "people" get a cher believe vocoder disco track that s great but NOT If they have an heavy vocoder track NAMED FUTURE...? STFU

I think there's a marked difference. 

Music is one of my favourite M records. I love the different effects on her voice and Mirwais really stretches it and uses it as a finly tuned instrument and it sounds sublime. 

But for me the effects on Future are just to robotic and extreme. Even on something like Impressive Instant arguably one of her most futuristic songs form Mirwais thus far, her vocal is futuristic without being robotic.

But it's a matter of taste.  

Just now, Confessit said:

Music is one of my favourite M records. I love the different effects on her voice and Mirwais really stretches it and uses it as a funky tunes instrument and it sounds sublime. 

But for me the effects on Future are just to robotic and extreme. Even on something like Impressive Instant arguably one of her most futuristic songs form Mirwais thus far, her vocal is futuristic without being robotic.

😉

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

The very nerve, to say that Madonna isn't innovative when Yonka has been copying Tina since 20 years ago :rotfl:

Indeed the ficking nerve lol

Just now, Confessit said:

Music is one of my favourite M records. I love the different effects on her voice and Mirwais really stretches it and uses it as a funky tunes instrument and it sounds sublime. 

The problem is that the GP have no idea that Future is vocoded on purpose on the record too

They just fuel the accusations it was vocoded to hide she cant sing 🤣

11 minutes ago, articunocc said:

Youre not serious?

R you suggesting being political is not trendy enough?

And I loved the religious imagery and Joan of Arc.

9 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Imagine if the rumours r true that Esc actually forced her to perform LAP? 🤣

30th anniversary..

Hmmm I don't think the Eurovision would mind as long as it was a classic that came before the new song. 

I doubt anything else would of worked now we have seen the performance.

Something upbeat like Vogue or Music wouldn't really feel right before the serious message of future with all the fire, gas masks, apocalyptic theme. 

LAP was subtle and slow enough as an intro before the heavy Future.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Hmmm I don't think the Eurovision would mind as long as it was a classic that came before the new song. 

I doubt anything else would of worked now we have seen the performance.

Something upbeat like Vogue or Music wouldn't really feel right before the serious message of future with all the fire, gas masks, apocalyptic theme. 

LAP was subtle and slow enough as an intro before the heavy Future.

But @ esc the arrangement needed an Opera house singer to survive the magnifying glass of the spotlight on her voice

4 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

The problem is that the GP have no idea that Future is vocoded on purpose on the record too

They just fuel the accusations it was vocoded to hide she cant sing 🤣

True.

But then that's as much about the strategy then anything else. Future had literally just dropped a few days before with no video not enough time for the audience to digest it and familiarise themselves with it to properly get into it.

But that's old skool way of thinking aka promoting singles at big events. 

That's half the problem though, sorry to revisit old wounds,  but Future is not instant love. It's not an easy song with an instant love so that didn't help matters with the arena being somewhat unimpressed by it. 

if the eye-patch is what's keeping her from doing a little more dancing, then I hope she'll get rid of it soon... (probably not the case)

She literally just walked up and down the stage and the stairs

other than that it's a very cool performance, the message is strong, the staging is beautiful and it has a lot of replay value

2 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

But @ esc the arrangement needed an Opera house singer to survive the magnifying glass of the spotlight on her voice

True. The arrangement left her on her very best day exposed. There was nearly no backing music whatsoever just monks chanting.....I'd of just played the first 3 minutes of the immaculate collection version over what we got. 

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

True.

But then that's as much about the strategy then anything else. Future had literally just dropped a few days before with no video not enough time for the audience to digest it and familiarise themselves with it to properly get into it.

But that's old skool way of thinking aka promoting singles at big events. 

That's half the problem though, sorry to revisit old wounds,  but Future is not instant love. It's not an easy song with an instant love so that didn't help matters with the arena being somewhat unimpressed by it. 

Imagine if she wouldve performed this instead:

3 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

More than 30 acts performed and they did it right. There's a magnifying glass but nothing that a pop singer can't overcome. 

Can anyone please post the edited version for me?

I've been travelling and didn't get to see it.

I saw the one uploaded by "Madonna", I guess that's the edited version?

Just now, horn said:

I don't think the footage is edited just the vocal has been cleaned up.

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

More than 30 acts performed and they did it right. There's a magnifying glass but nothing that a pop singer can't overcome. 

didnt they build their performances like 6 months 🤣

Medellin would’ve been the perfect song for the Eurovision event in particular. Even tho it was a cool performance with future and everything, I do think she went a little too dark. Especially coming after almost 30 upbeat songs. 

3 minutes ago, horn said:

Yes it’s the version on Madonna’s YouTube channel.

4 minutes ago, horn said:

Just listen to this poor woman (who represents all of our friends and family who tuned in to see Madonna) listening to the unedited version of LAP. Preferable with headphones.

Then maybe we can all collectively ask ourselves what the fuck is going on with Madonna's voice?

7 minutes ago, Confessit said:

It's not an easy song with an instant love so that didn't help matters with the arena being somewhat unimpressed by it. 

Have to say that there's a post somewhere here from a member that was in the audience and their interpretation of the live audience response didn't match the European press she's currently getting. I don't remember the members name but I'm sure if you read through this whole thread you'll see it.

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Just listen to this poor woman (who represents all of our friends and family who tuned in to see Madonna) listening to the unedited version of LAP. Preferable with headphones.

Then maybe we can all collectively ask ourselves what the fuck is going on with Madonna's voice?

She absolutelly hated BBMA performance too. Apparently Madonna showed too much leg for a 60 year old on that one.

So I dont think its just the voice for her (the youtuber)

8 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Imagine if she wouldve performed this instead:

she should have ditched Quacko and performed this, I think we were all expecting this 😞 

I mean is Medellin already yesterdays news, why was she not promoting that