EUROVISION! The aftermath!

She needs to take care of her voice, she needs to train again and go back in shape as she always have been. But most of all, stop realeasing an album each 4 years, how I miss the old days when we knew we'd have a new album after one year break. 

55 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

There’s one particular video called “Madonna’s career ending Eurovision performance”, I’ve reported as spam and misleading, please do the same so we can get this taken down.

Will do... any videos you find, send direct message to Madonna and Guy O via Instagram.

1 hour ago, pjcowley said:

This well known (in Italy) Italian TV presenter, DJ and huge music connoisseur, has posted an absolutely brilliant review of Madonna's Eurovision show, talking about the symbolism in the theatrics, the meaning behind all that, praising her hugely, and like many others astonished by the level of horrible vitriol she got - thank you @cocolattee for letting us know! 

It's amazing that he completely understood what a huge chunk of Madonna fans clearly did not get at all.

Good for him. He has finally seen the light. He used to trash her in the past....

Im so annoyed with Oseary and the like, again, not doing anything to at least try to fix his (or make it gradually better). they're just sitting back, hoping it'll fade and people will forget. other people like Mariah had a joke ready after her performance (now, im not sure a joke would work here, but damn, give us something!). They could easily ask madonna to re upload old instagram videos singing beautifully (there's many of them). at least then some media will report it.. but no, they sit back and do NOTHING.

9 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Im so annoyed with Oseary and the like, again, not doing anything to at least try to fix his (or make it gradually better). they're just sitting back, hoping it'll fade and people will forget. other people like Mariah had a joke ready after her performance (now, im not sure a joke would work here, but damn, give us something!). They could easily ask madonna to re upload old instagram videos singing beautifully (there's many of them). at least then some media will report it.. but no, they sit back and do NOTHING.

Madonna has NEVER done that and she's not to start now. She always moves on. 

And what's the point of old videos? Much better to create NEW ones singing beautifully in future performances.

I'm not sure what is going on.

I just watched the Vevo version on her channel and I'm pretty sure there was nothing different regarding vocals compared to the streamed version I watched on the Eurovision Youtube channel?!?!

I'm not sure why people are saying they cleaned up her vocals because to me I didn't hear a difference.

Was there something wrong with the television broadcast? I can only go off both videos I've watched so far and neither are as terrible as what people are saying. As has been pointed out she has had far far far worse vocal performances so I don't know why THIS is being singled out. It wasn't even that bad?

8 minutes ago, karbatal said:

And what's the point of old videos? Much better to create NEW ones singing beautifully in future performances.

Agree. She should focus as equally on her vocals as she is focused on conveying the message. When those two are synchronized no one can come near her. 😍

6 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Many (including celebs in Europe) literally saying it's over, and she's not doing anything. this is the moment she has to show some evidence of her skills, now that the media will pick it up.

at least Mariah had the joke factor. you could tell she didn't hear herself and said so. 

the theatre shows will help, but it's months before they start

Guest CzarnaWisnia

9 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

One of the first things you learn in art is that all art/self-expression is, in some way, inherently political...especially if you're saying something with your work beyond just a pretty image. Beyond mere commercial peaks at this point, I think she has embraced her political side into her art even more. To overlook that is to miss an inherent part of who she is, and ever more so in the last couple decades.

As for the "you're too privileged/haven't lived it to have a real opinion on it" attitude... Madonna has always been the antithesis to that. And isn't that kind of the issue, that people with such great privileges need to give a damn more? I mean, with that attitude, why advocate for anything, let alone work so hard to gain allies, which helps accomplish things? Yes, it's important to educate yourself about what you're taking a stand on, but something tells me Madonna knows about the issues. I mean, there are LGBT+ folks who have pointed the finger at her when it comes to her gay advocacy because 'she's not really one of us'. And yet she's always made it clear she will never buy into that. And god bless her for it.

In the end, I think the point she was trying to make is the point she's always had...it was literally projected behind her - Be conscious. Be aware. Give a damn about something, particularly humanity, beyond rigid ideology and borders. Oneness - The message that she has been giving for decades now. And a certain kind of simplicity is how popular artists have always reached the masses with these messages. I don't think these artists, nor Madonna, are saying they have the solution. But that doesn't mean one shouldn't care first and foremost about how we're treating each other as simply human beings. It starts there. That's the part we as individuals can play. Anything else is cynicism, and it doesn't accomplish anything. With all the pressure for her to boycott (by those who probably would never have had the guts to go do what she actually did), she took the moment - during a cheesy competition - to speak up. In the times we're in, I applaud her for that.

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding art and politics : I think it's wrong to teach art students (or students in general) that art is inherently political. I know it is what is taught now, but it's definitely not my vision of art. Art certainly has not been confrontational or anti-power, except for the last 200 years of modern art, which is only a small fraction of all the history of art. I guess it's a question of perception: either you see art as political and you enjoy Madonna's political interventions (basically because her political views suit yours, not because she is being political); either you don't and you enjoy the artistic merit first, and can applaud the political stance (or find it slightly overbaked).

I know Madonna's heart is in the right place when speaking on world issues, but I take it with a huge grain of salt. She has said for years she does not read newspapers or watch TV or the news, and it shows. When she did the Secret Project interview, she recalled her world tour and how she had been awakened/shocked by what she was seeing in European countries, and she wanted to make these things known to a larger audience. The thing is, everybody (who read the news) already knew. Her take on political issues is incredibly general. It's fine if artists bring a more naive point of view on the complicated messes of our overly politicised world, because that naiveté is important as well. And despite being media-savvy and obviously clever, Madonna has remained in a way childlike, which is an important quality for artists, because they need to be awed and to be imaginative. But in the end, I don't think it's unfair if some people see Madonna very seriously preaching to the converted about complex political issues almost no one understands (even political commentators let alone political leaders!) and roll their eyes a little. She will change no one's opinion on the matter, so what's the point? Maybe I'm just being a contrarian, I don't know.

As for the vocal correction of the official video: it's been the norm for years, not only for Madonna but many other artists. They even sometimes use a prerecorded vocal for the broadcast of singers in award shows rather than the live feed. They must have seen the crooked vocals as a technical error and corrected it. Beauty supersedes ethics 😇

12 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Many (including celebs in Europe) literally saying it's over, and she's not doing anything. this is the moment she has to show some evidence of her skills, now that the media will pick it up.

at least Mariah had the joke factor. you could tell she didn't hear herself and said so. 

the theatre shows will help, but it's months before they start

The fucks she gives...

So now that the performance can actually be viewed (and heard) like it should have been in the 1st place, the haters r left perplexed as its actually a great conceptual piece of art.

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Madonna has to take care of her voice. She sounded the same in the clip rehearsal. She focuses on many important aspects and this one seems relegated.

That's important for the public too. The voice. So next time maybe among the fresh face, the boots or the visuals, tge voice is given a thought too. 

I don't mean her concert voice. I mean her "TV performances voice". She's got weeks to train this. 

I completely agree and said the same earlier on this thread or another. I do not care what anyone says. Madonna simply has to sing better next time she is on tv . No playback. No auto tune and all these machines. Nobody cares that she has no vast vocal range. Only the haters nit pick and the rest used to be able to say it does not matter. She has a distinctive voice Many great artists don't have technically perfect voices. But on Eurovision it was a mess. Listen to her on Gambler at the virgin tour. It is still the Madonna with the voice that many insulted but it was quintessentially Madonna. That is all we want. The raw Madonna. I do believe Mike Dean and her ear piece share blame. I am not solely blaming her but it is also clear that she is just not training her vocals these days.

Also we are mad when they use madonna's age to insult her. Can people here stop saying she is 60, Stop expecting her to blah blah blah. Stop using her age as a defense.

21 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

I just watched the Vevo version on her channel and I'm pretty sure there was nothing different regarding vocals compared to the streamed version I watched on the Eurovision Youtube channel?!?!

I'm not sure why people are saying they cleaned up her vocals because to me I didn't hear a difference.

Was there something wrong with the television broadcast? I can only go off both videos I've watched so far and neither are as terrible as what people are saying. As has been pointed out she has had far far far worse vocal performances so I don't know why THIS is being singled out. It wasn't even that bad?

They definitely cleaned up M's live vocals in "Like a Prayer" for the video uploaded on her YouTube channel. It's so obvious, especially on the notes that she missed in the live broadcast.

5 minutes ago, Msig said:

They definitely cleaned up M's live vocals in "Like a Prayer" for the video uploaded on her YouTube channel. It's so obvious, especially on the notes that she missed in the live broadcast.

They also beefed up the backing track music. Its not that flat anymore.

Thank god. Been watching the official upload video now on repeat. I love it.

31 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

Babe, unfortunately there is no way not to hear the differences...as much as we love Madonna she had vocal and tuning problems and they fixed it in the vevo version

My local radio station breakfast dj this morning asked listeners to text in if they had a dog that could sing better than Madonna..i liked the nutcracker section and future but realistically it's been a bit of a PR disaster and a missed opportunity 

6 hours ago, Ven Conmigo said:

MADMEX constantly stirring drama and being a nasty hysterical queen. Recall the meltdown and endless insults he posted during assgate months ago which got him suspended. He’s always hiding behind the excuse that sounds obnoxious because English isn’t his native language. I’ve seen him type in Spanish and he sounds just as much of a dumb cunt in Spanish too! *FLUSH*

Amen.

This version is absolutely beautiful. I don't know what they did to the live broadcast, as images were switched for weird angles of the ceiling lights. You might as well think they(esf) messed up the sound too.

Do you really think she's not training her voice anymore? At all? I love the performance but I'm a bit concerned about her voice health. 

I hope she can turn it around somehow, general consensus on the performance is that she can’t sing. I mean whatever in a way- she wasn’t off during the entirety of the song and had some good bits— but her reputation has been hit a lot sadly in my anecdotal experience. Hopefully it all blows over 🤭

3 hours ago, pjcowley said:

This well known (in Italy) Italian TV presenter, DJ and huge music connoisseur, has posted an absolutely brilliant review of Madonna's Eurovision show, talking about the symbolism in the theatrics, the meaning behind all that, praising her hugely, and like many others astonished by the level of horrible vitriol she got - thank you @cocolattee for letting us know! 

It's amazing that he completely understood what a huge chunk of Madonna fans clearly did not get at all.

Thank God 4 This man. The fact that he feels compelled 2 explain it  2 the idiots of this day and age, means everything 2 me.

7 minutes ago, paradise said:

My local radio station breakfast dj this morning asked listeners to text in if they had a dog that could sing better than Madonna..i liked the nutcracker section and future but realistically it's been a bit of a PR disaster and a missed opportunity 

there's people here who are acting like madonna shouldn't respond back, that she should just post the little edit on instagram and youtube and people forget about it in a few weeks.. I really think she can do damage control, but so far we just have *silence*

Well, Madame X is a secret agent, a freedom fighter, a chacha instructor but not a live singer 😂 She should make a statement, because really it was painfull to listen. And I know she has a beautifull voice live... Remenber la vie en rose in the RHT?

2 hours ago, Fitho said:

Btw my mother asked me why she didn't perform Candy Shop, I still think she considers this to be huge hit of hers. 😂😂

Hahaha so does Madonna