EUROVISION! The aftermath!

24 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

It wasn't just Madonna's vocals, which were only a little shaky in the beginning. The overall audio was very low. You couldn't hear the choir. There was no bass in the music. That's Mike Dean's fault.

Yes..  it sounds like a whole channel is missing, and you only hear the audio from her mic 

53 minutes ago, mmmike said:

So I watched the official video on VEVO and I really don’t understand the backlash she is getting.

LAP was a little flat but not worthy of all this hate!

She sounds great on the VEVO video but that's not the live broadcasted vocal sound of her performance. 

1 hour ago, Shedoeshair said:

And what about it?!  She was not consider pretty enough.  He was defending her. 

Pretty enough for what? She didn't want to be a Supermodel.

And Yes, I know he is defending her but still Madonna was not considered ugly in the 80's. Sorry.

mad1.jpg

Edited by madmex

5 minutes ago, madmex said:

Pretty enough for what?

And Yes, I know he is defending her but still Madonna was not considered ugly in the 80's. Sorry.

mad1.jpg

Go ask him about it. Way to damper a positive post.  Next. 

added to ignore list. 

Edited by Shedoeshair

19 minutes ago, madmex said:

I know he is defending her but still Madonna was not considered ugly in the 80's. Sorry.

But it's true. The press called her fat, when she did the Virgin Tour. Her brother told that she felt hurt about it.

4234234.png

10 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

It's true. The press called her fat, when she did the Virgin Tour. Her brother told that she felt very hurt about it.

Okay. Madonna fat and ugly and Cyndi Lauper a Supermodel.  I got it.

cyndi.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

You don't get it. She got bullied and you make jokes of it.

Ah ok, Madonna was the first ugly/fat woman on the cover of Playboy and Penthouse. The first and only, I guess.

Since when Christopher Ciccone is a trustable source of information?

Or maybe I lived in another dimension. My grandmother (RIP) used to say that she was so beautiful in the Material girl video.

madonna1.jpg

madonna2.jpg

Um, I just watched the video. What’s so bad about this performance? Her voice was fine, the set was good, the choreography was cool. Nothing bad about this at all for me. It’s a great performance! I honestly often feel super sorry for her. She’s such an easy target, especially now when she a a woman in her 60’s. Before she does anything, people are already ready to criticise her. And with this appearance, the media was already negative to begin with. She needed to be absolute perfect in her moves, vocals with everything. She wasn’t, so they’re so motivated to criticise her. 

The performance was great! Full stop! 

I just cannot stop watching it.

Such an amazing and powerfull performance.

Loved the dancing. The gas masks seems very 1984/George Orwell. 

The Dark Ballet part is THRILLING!

Future/Crave/Medellín are my favourite.

I honestly did not like it when I first saw it but after watching it a few times, it's not as bad as I initially thought. Even so, I do think it was too dark of a performance for the occasion. She is usually good with tailoring a performance for a specific audience, like with the Super Bowl. I think she was very focused on having a message more than anything, so the entertainment aspect took a back seat. Even if you disagree with that, the consensus of the general public who watched it did not care for it.

I am glad she uploaded on her official channel, corrected or not. The real thing that bothers me is Quavo. I don't have anything against him, his part on Future is very good, especially in the end where he sings along with the trumpets and there is a great crescendo of the song, but he was high as fuck during the show. I watched the performance several times, he is just stoned and M is seeking him with her eyes, with her gestures, fearing not to miss a step. She doesn't need people like him to work with... 

3 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Quavo didn't seem like he wanted to be there. I didn't notice any chemistry with M at all.

Judging from his interview, not knowing any of M's songs, I believe he even didn't want to be on the track and M dragged him for this duet...

14 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

I am glad she uploaded on her official channel, corrected or not. The real thing that bothers me is Quavo. I don't have anything against him, his part on Future is very good, especially in the end where he sings along with the trumpets and there is a great crescendo of the song, but he was high as fuck during the show. I watched the performance several times, he is just stoned and M is seeking him with her eyes, with her gestures, fearing not to miss a step. She doesn't need people like him to work with... 

I noticed this. Especially around 8:26.

So unprofessional. 

I think it's as simple as Quavo isn't a showman. He's a rapper that likes to stand on stage and do his thing. Madonna is the complete and total opposite in every way in that regard. He's just not suited for a big production like this.

1 hour ago, madmex said:

Pretty enough for what? She didn't want to be a Supermodel.

mad1.jpg

He meant  "unconventional beauty"  im sure- he only has love for her.

12 hours ago, AlanLongoria said:

The flag dancer was detained and interrogated at the airport

THIS is what it's all about. As others said, this should be the real story.

9 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

it's ironic that she appeared as Joan of Arc and in the end was burned on the stake, so symbolic , I love it

I didn't even think of it that way... Very astute.

7 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

They all had expectations. Especially that billionaire that paid for her performance made pretty clear why he hired her. To make Israel look good. And here lies the problem. No one likes to be instrumentalized and Madonna will be the last person on earth to let herself to be instrumentalized. Never has, never will. Even if that means negative consequences. Quite frankly, her performance was a big fuck you to the mindset of people participating in that hypocrisy of a show. The fact that this happened in Israel with a very problematic political situation just magnified that. God forbid, someone makes a stand. How dare she to rain on the parade, on this great great European love fest that is meant to spead love and understanding. Of course people want is simple. Hence the cheesy pop songs. And make it danceable. Or at least write a sad love song. Because that is so relatable. Everything about the Eurovision is the lowest common denominator. The only person that did expect too much here, was Madonna. 

And THIS is why I love her.  More balls than anyone else in today's excuse for an 'industry'...

I noticed that after taken off her robe, a part of the  armour on her hand (whatever u suppose to call that thing) was left dangling similar to MET performance. 

Maybe Madonna not suppose to wear such accessories 😂

oops living for love @ Grammy also share the same fates , the shoulder pad... 😏

MADMEX constantly stirring drama and being a nasty hysterical queen. Recall the meltdown and endless insults he posted during assgate months ago which got him suspended. He’s always hiding behind the excuse that he sounds obnoxious because English isn’t his native language. I’ve seen him type in Spanish and he sounds just as much of a dumb cunt in Spanish too! *FLUSH*

35 minutes ago, waidexter said:

I noticed that after taken off her robe, a part of the  armour on her hand (whatever u suppose to call that thing) was left dangling similar to MET performance. 

Maybe Madonna not suppose to wear such accessories 😂

oops living for love @ Grammy also share the same fates , the shoulder pad... 😏

Thats like the 4th time this happens lol