EUROVISION! The aftermath!

Just now, HolidayGuy said:

Now that's a nice vocal. 🙂 Are those the Met gala voicals?

Don t think so , those were  even better

1 minute ago, M_Sinner said:

All the fans with bashing comments (not including constructive and balanced critic), they better support the singles/album on digital platforms

I've been very critical of her this era but I still pre-ordered the album twice, digital and physical. I have not been feeling these new tracks but I'm still hopeful for the album. I'm sure we will all be saying, "Why didn't she pick this song as a single?" We do that every era. lol

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
7 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

They might have just pitch corrected the original audio because it matches perfectly.

I know we have technology that can do wonders, but I wasn't sure if that it could sound as good as they got it.  I had thought maybe she went back and dubbed in another vocal which could account it still matching up.   Probably not likely, so you're most likely right.  The wonders of technology.  😀

6 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Yeah Future was definitely live with vocoder/autotune effect - I don’t know what you really call it 🤷‍♂️  Strange why she didn’t just have the “non-robotic” autotune option on during the show as she’d have sounded exactly like she does in that VEVO upload.

On another note did anyone mention the  performance with all the old Eurovision contestants was all playback?!! That old Israeli winning lady lipsynced the whole thing. Did anyone care?? 

Yeah I thought Conchita,  Måns and Eleni mimed. Didn't pay too much attention to the others.

Now it's time to pull a Beyonce and vanish all other uploads off the web.

I guess the reason I'm not as affected by the bashing is that I already accepted a long time ago that most people aren't going to like her. Ironically that makes me like her even more...lol. Those are always the artists I prefer anyway. And I completely ignore twitter or whatever. Those people are outraged by a different thing every day.

Was it her best performance? No. But I would take this over some overly campy stereotypically gay bullshit performance ANY DAY. I loved the gas masks, the video backdrop, the flags, the overall message...

THAT sounds so much better! Now they have to remove all other Eurovision related videos off YouTube and get rid off the evidence. 

Just now, smirnoff_ice said:

THAT sounds so much better! Now they have to remove all other Eurovision related videos off YouTube and get rid off the evidence. 

Yep. Give the Carters a call. They have a dedicated team for that stuff.

12 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

Now that's a nice vocal. 🙂 Are those the Met Gala vocals?

And  vocoder in these LAP vocals? Say who?

It's last night's vocal newly auto tuned, which yes, can sound slightly vocodered depending on how well it's done.

Are we really condoning this editing of her vocals on the Vevo upload? I think it's wrong. They should have uploaded the real thing! I mean, we and the other 200 million people heard the actual performance. Unless she's trying to be really meta and ironic! 

4 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Was probably supposed to be ironic,  but I hope they won't. It will create even more of a backlash once some press outlets pick up on it (and you know they will, it's Madonna).

34 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Im glad they fixed it. Stars dubbing music concert dvds is very common so why not a youtube video?

Even Babs and Celine does it!

15 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I've been very critical of her this era but I still pre-ordered the album twice, digital and physical. I have not been feeling these new tracks but I'm still hopeful for the album. I'm sure we will all be saying, "Why didn't she pick this song as a single?" We do that every era. lol

Everyone has a right to express their opinions ❤️ Can't wait for DARK BALLET, I have a feeling it's going to be my fav lool

Don't forget to like the video guys😁

4 minutes ago, Boki_D said:

Are we really condoning this editing of her vocals on the Vevo upload? I think it's wrong. They should have uploaded the real thing! I mean, we and the other 200 million people heard the actual performance. Unless she's trying to be really meta and ironic! 

I disagree. I can finally watch and enjoy the vevo edit. I couldn't enjoy the live version. So I'm glad it was corrected. 

The performance was amazing. Absolutely amazing. I am shocked with the hate she is getting...HOWEVER...the performance stood out (regardless if people enjoyed it or not).. PUBLICITY is always GOOD people. This performance could have been an amazing dance number and pleased everyone...but would have vanished from the media within a few days. (Billboard performance for example)

THIS WAS GREAT! grab those headlines Madame X...only you could still grab worldwide headlines for any performance. So proud 

16 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I guess the reason I'm not as affected by the bashing is that I already accepted a long time ago that most people aren't going to like her. Ironically that makes me like her even more...lol. Those are always the artists I prefer anyway. And I completely ignore twitter or whatever. Those people are outraged by a different thing every day.

Was it her best performance? No. But I would take this over some overly campy stereotypically gay bullshit performance ANY DAY. I loved the gas masks, the video backdrop, the flags, the overall message...

Feel the same. 

Ugh her mind lol! she resolves problems and cures our meltdowns. they did a great job! better in one day than with the tour dvds in 6 months

20 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Madame X is a hitwoman 🤣

8 minutes ago, ursula said:

I disagree. I can finally watch and enjoy the vevo edit. I couldn't enjoy the live version. So I'm glad it was corrected. 

Hm 👍

Having watched the performance on YouTube now, it was great, my fav part is the DB intro, Future is cool too.

Also I’m laughing my ass off because there are a lot of comments about the symbols and double meanings, saying that she’s Illuminati because of the one eye, then red circles, gas mask, they saying that when both dancers with the flags separate and the screens show war, it means that they will start WW3 and when she finishes with Wake Up it is a sign wtf, much better since it means more views from them.

I’m more excited about DB if it has this kind of message I love it.

38 minutes ago, Bretticus said:

It’s simple really.

people think Madonna + Eurovision = huge gay camp disco orgy, glitter feathers and drag queens

reality = a political performance with no dancing or hung up, a (shock) trap artist as a guest

end product = tantrums and ranting about how she’s lost it, media picking up this side of the reaction and running with it. Madonna gets bashed by everyone including her “fans”, Madonna gives zero fucks and carries on as she got her message across, fan base bitch and whine for a few days and then wait for the next thing to be disappointed with to Bitch and whine about.

Hear what you're saying but fans have legitimate criticisms as well.I know some people bitch non-stop though. lol

yayaya they changed the vocals on LAP

now that i'm not distracted by that the performance is great. and i didnt even see the flags and now that i do i'm so happy & proud of Madonna for speaking her truth.

I’ve just watched an unfixed video and I got the impression that besides the karaoke-sounding arrangement, there was a mixing issue, too. It seems her voice either stood out too much or appeared drowned out. Did you guys feel the same way?

Mike Dean is the man behind this mess, isn’t he? 

Wonder if she’ll pick him as musical director for the tour 😞