EUROVISION! The aftermath!

2 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I am a fan of Madonna and nobody needs to preach to me about her admirable IDGAF attitude that everyone of us knows too well. 

Of course it is her career. Did I ever say it wasn't hers? 

NEVER have I said that "she cannot be political the way she wants to" or "she should just sing and dance exactly like this or like that blablabla". Every sane Madonna fan is totally cool with her being bold, brave, provocative and rebellious, this is SELF-EVIDENT hello.

The problem with her Eurovision performance, in our opinion, is not the activism PER SE but the poor execution, what people get was a horrid karaoke version of "Like a Prayer" and sorry we will not force ourselves to find THAT enjoyable. She brought a message for the Palestinian cause? Great. But Madonna is FIRST AND FOREMOST a musical artist, that is how history will primarily remember her for, and sadly the musical aspect of this performance was poor. 

As fans, we are allowed to have expectations and to HOPE for things we personally prefer, and as a magnificent artist but also a human being, most of the times Madonna made us happy, and sometimes she misses the mark AND THAT IS OKAY in the whole bigger picture of life. What is so hard to comprehend? :confused:

Thank you. You saved me the trouble.

hmmmm just watching it back with the fixed vocals - it’s excellent!! 

Yeah her vocal was ropey on LAP but she’s definitely don’t a lot worse in the past....aside from that the performance was brilliant. I’m slightly confused as to why she did such raw vocals for LAP and then lipsynced Dark Ballet (I think that’s what it is) and autotuned Future? But I really don’t understand the criticism of the dancing, costume and set! Looked awesome to me 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Elysium said:

I personally enjoyed the performance...my only issues were the off-key singing during Like a Prayer, the fact she seemed to be wearing too much clothing and the serious tone to the overall performance...but other than that she was brilliant! The entire performance was a massive spectacle with no expense spared. Plus she looked God-damned beautiful! That spoken interlude between LAP and Future was superb (Dark Ballet?)!

There was a little bit of wardrobe malfunction. 

The dress was heavy and made her ‘thicker’.

Met gala performance and dress was better IMO.

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Because she sounded terrible during LAP and obviously, she agreed. It was changed.

Autotuned? it's in perfect synchro with the video

1 minute ago, rodials said:

There was a little bit of wardrobe malfunction. 

The dress was heavy and made her ‘thicker’.

Met gala performance and dress was better IMO.

True ...but she was literally glowing yesterday 

It’s simple really.

people think Madonna + Eurovision = huge gay camp disco orgy, glitter feathers and drag queens

reality = a political performance with no dancing or hung up, a (shock) trap artist as a guest

end product = tantrums and ranting about how she’s lost it, media picking up this side of the reaction and running with it. Madonna gets bashed by everyone including her “fans”, Madonna gives zero fucks and carries on as she got her message across, fan base bitch and whine for a few days and then wait for the next thing to be disappointed with to Bitch and whine about.

2 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Because she sounded terrible during LAP and obviously, she agreed. It was changed.

They should have re-autotuned that damned live vocoder so she'd sound like on the actual Future track! lol

1 minute ago, luluthecat said:

hmmmm just watching it back with the fixed vocals - it’s excellent!! 

Yeah her vocal was ropey on LAP but she’s definitely don’t a lot worse in the past....aside from that the performance was brilliant. I’m slightly confused as to why she did such raw vocals for LAP and then lipsynced Dark Ballet (I think that’s what it is) and autotuned Future? But I really don’t understand the criticism of the dancing, costume and set! Looked awesome to me 🤷‍♂️

I've watched it a few time now and I feel that Future was sung live with autotune. I don't understand why she didn't do the same with LAP. I guess it was just an artistic decision. Maybe she wanted LAP to be more organic and Future to be more robotic.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
24 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Finally:

I LOVE IT!  People who hadn't seen the performance when it first aired, will think; "what are people talking about?  She sounded great singing LAP".  LOL!  I love the vocal edit!  She sounds great.  Now people can just concentrate on the actual performance and message and just move on.  😉

Though, I thought based on some who heard the rehearsal said she sounded worse, so I wonder if this was pulled from another rehearsal? 

2 minutes ago, Boki_D said:

They should have re-autotuned that damned live vocoder so she'd sound like on the actual Future track! lol

Yes! They went a little bit overboard with the vocal effects on Future but it seems that's how she wanted it.

4 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I LOVE IT!  People who hadn't seen the performance when it first aired, will think; "what are people talking about?  She sounded great singing LAP".  LOL!  I love the vocal edit!  She sounds great.  Now people can just concentrate on the actual performance and message and just move on.  😉

Though, I thought based on some who heard the rehearsal said she sounded worse, so I wonder if this was pulled from another rehearsal? 

They might have just pitch corrected the original audio because it matches perfectly.

Just now, frzndrwnwrld said:

They did a good job, whatever they did.

I think the main problem yesterday was the mix himself..  Because if you can compared, her voice level was too high!!  The "band" and chorus almost none existent (she sounds almost acapella)..  I think they fix that  

Some elements of it were brilliant, the opening of LAP is spectacular, the chanting monks, the visuals, her costume, the overall slightly scary medieval Margaret Atwood/Name of the Rose influence, it's inspired.

But when that casio keyboard 1980s drum machine kicks in??? That is what sucked the lifeblood out of LAP. It should have morphed into the Sticky and Sweet tour version of LAP, using the Felix track, or something similarly euphoric or epic. Why didn't Mirwas create a backing track for it? LAP lost all momentum when that ridiculous beat kicked in.

It wasn't her vocals, she has, on loads of occasions, not hit all the LAP notes when singing it live, but her energy and artistry make up for that, check out her Blonde Ambition performances, they are still mind blowing.

Overall I liked it, I prefer this version of LAP to L8. It was controversial for Eurovision as it wasn't a cheese fest. She could have done a hi-nrg disco medley of her hits, think Confessions, but she, as usual, did what she wanted to do. It was a great very engaging set piece. Could be straight out of one of her tours. The new song is interesting too. Classy show. It was progressive.

Bravo Madonna.

At least we know she got her way in whatever battle with EBN and got the rights to post the performance. I would have preferred it posted flaws and all to be honest. I have not listened to this edit yall say is on her vevo page. Let me go see. 

4 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I've watched it a few time now and I feel that Future was sung live with autotune. I don't understand why she didn't do the same with LAP. I guess it was just an artistic decision. Maybe she wanted LAP to be more organic and Future to be more robotic.

I'm glad she didn't do a vocodered LAP.

Just now, Marcelox said:

I think the main problem yesterday was the mix himself..  Because if you can compared, her voice level was too high!!  The "band" and chorus almost none existent (she sounds almost acapella)..  I think they fix that  

This. 

All the fans with bashing comments (not including constructive and balanced critic), they better support the singles/album on digital platforms

2 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

I'm glad she didn't do a vocodered LAP.

That would have made sense since it would have merged with steroidly-vocoderd Future! 🤭

3 minutes ago, Marcelox said:

I'm assuming she could not hear herself, so he sang loud and high.

Just now, M_Sinner said:

All the fans with bashing comments (not including constructive and balanced critic), they better support the singles/album on digital platforms

This! 

15 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yeah Future was definitely live with vocoder/autotune effect - I don’t know what you really call it 🤷‍♂️  Strange why she didn’t just have the “non-robotic” autotune option on during the show as she’d have sounded exactly like she does in that VEVO upload.

On another note did anyone mention the  performance with all the old Eurovision contestants was all playback?!! That old Israeli winning lady lipsynced the whole thing. Did anyone care?? 

13 minutes ago, Bretticus said:

It’s simple really.

people think Madonna + Eurovision = huge gay camp disco orgy, glitter feathers and drag queens

reality = a political performance with no dancing or hung up, a (shock) trap artist as a guest

end product = tantrums and ranting about how she’s lost it, media picking up this side of the reaction and running with it. Madonna gets bashed by everyone including her “fans”, Madonna gives zero fucks and carries on as she got her message across, fan base bitch and whine for a few days and then wait for the next thing to be disappointed with to Bitch and whine about.

👏

37 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Finally:

This was a beautiful and powerful performance filled with so much symbolism 

I would have loved  more high energy dance number but she doesn't fill our cravings whenever we want

In good time children...