EUROVISION! The aftermath!

4 hours ago, mr_boogiewoogie said:

Instead, she used that platform to spread a message of love, unity and compassion and Like a Prayer, Dark Ballet and Future just happened to be the perfect platform to get the message across. The opportunity was too important, too big, too precious to let it pass by. She went and did exactly that!

Bullshit.  Why didn't she spread a message for this? =/

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) rights in the State of Palestine remain one of the most taboo human rights issues in the region. Homosexuality is illegal in the Gaza Strip but not in the West Bank, although LGBT rights are not protected in either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_the_State_of_Palestine

5 minutes ago, Nikki said:

it's nice how he's so supportive of her. you can tell he really cares. not her manager, or mike dean and the others who act like nothing happened.

So sweet of him! Tots adorbs!

it's nice how he's so supportive of her. you can tell he really cares. not her manager, or mike dean and the others who act like nothing happened.

That is very nice ❤️

Just spotted this rich guy in the comments, look at his house! 😍

8D909A7C-F125-4A77-A0CF-9D6E78934063.jpeg

3307AAEF-9784-402A-9C3F-73BEE88671F7.jpeg

1 hour ago, madmex said:

Bullshit.  Why didn't she spread a message for this? =/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_the_State_of_Palestine

And while we are at it. She did not adress the environmental problems in Palestine. What a bitch she is.

Please Madmex do everyone in here a favor. FUCK OFF. 

I think Madonna is possibly pleased at this point. She'd been wanting to cause a big stirr for years, but only got minor reactions. Finally, she's back where she wants to be. In everyone's minds.

2 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

And while we are at it. She did not adress the environmental problems in Palestine. What a bitch she is.

Here, here!

B904781B-3490-4739-9DEC-C2EDAB28824E.gif

1 minute ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

+1

Yes. Thanks for saying it.

Just now, Dany Targaryen said:

I think Madonna is possibly pleased at this point. She'd been wanting to cause a big stirr for years, but only got minor reactions. Finally, she's back where she wants to be. In everyone's minds.

piece by piece (it will take a while) she can turn this around.. people love a good comeback story.. that's the only positive side I see right now. but I still wish she'd fire half her team (including people in music) and get real

2 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Sorry, not sorry. I don't sympathize with Gaza because they would kill me there without compassion only for being gay.

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/palestinians/.premium.MAGAZINE-what-it-s-like-to-be-a-gay-man-in-gaza-1.5843268

the sweet dino Santiago also left a little heart symbol on Mirwais' post. you can tell he's a nice guy as well. hope he's on the album. a worthy musician & good man

piece by piece (it will take a while) she can turn this around.. people love a good comeback story.. that's the only positive side I see right now. but I still wish she'd fire half her team (including people in music) and get real

As far as the US goes, no one will know about it. So no need for damage control there. This is really a Europe issue. 

2 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Finally:

I wonder if they thought about uploading it.. then again, maybe it's best to have the full thing there instead of awful edits

the sweet dino Santiago also left a little heart symbol on Mirwais' post. you can tell he's a nice guy as well. hope he's on the album. a worthy musician & good man

Yes! Those are the people who deserve to work with a legend like her.

Meanwhile, M continues to repost pics with Quavo and hashtagging him. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I wonder if they thought about uploading it.. then again, maybe it's best to have the full thing there instead of awful edits

It's almost exactly 24 hours later so maybe there was a contractual waiting period?

9 minutes ago, whyme? said:

As far as the US goes, no one will know about it. So no need for damage control there. This is really a Europe issue. 

Yeah which is why they seem to be the only ones who don't get that Madonna messing up (yes, messing up) a performance, regardless of whatever political statement she was trying to make, in front of her biggest global audience in years is actually kinda a big deal. This isn't Drake wiping his mouth after Madge slips him the tongue.

And thank you @CzarnaWisnia for the only Voice of Reason post in this hellish thread.

13 minutes ago, whyme? said:

Especially with this edit on her YouTube channel. People in the US won't get what the big deal was. They will think this is how it was live. So, Madonna wins in the end.

4 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yeah. The vocals are different. Either they autotuned it or they used the vocals from rehearsal.

Why would they do that? Just post the real performance. It is what it is, who cares at this point? She made her political statement and let's move on.

Just now, animalinstinct said:

Yes they’ve fixed the vocals on her VEVO upload, so now we can appreciate this amazing performance 

🤣 In italy everyone is talking about the fine she has got from Eurovision because of the flags.

I personally enjoyed the performance...my only issues were the off-key singing during Like a Prayer, the fact she seemed to be wearing too much clothing and the serious tone to the overall performance...but other than that she was brilliant! The entire performance was a massive spectacle with no expense spared. Plus she looked God-damned beautiful! That spoken interlude between LAP and Future was superb (Dark Ballet?)!

Just now, maximiliano- said:

🤣 In italy everyone is talking about the fine she has got from Eurovision because of the flags.

Where ? TV?

Just now, maximiliano- said:

She got a fine?

“Just take it from the 2 million that I made from the performance bitches...” M

I was kind of devastated yesterday. I was watching with friends, not Madonna fans, and they were so excited to see her presentation. We watched that quietly, but not enjoying it. I was sad.

Today decided to take a time without Madonna issues and came back one hour ago to check it out and the second time I saw it was not that bad.

At least in my opinion, the expectations did not help. I am not really sure if she has rehearsed with the same effort than she did for the Superbowl.

Europe is a very important public for her songs and a Eurovision is the gay super bowl.  It should have been flawless. Will have preferred a backtrack.

I am now focusing in the next best thing...

Edited by rodials
Misspelling

Just now, dcbyebyebaby said:

Im glad they fixed it. Stars dubbing music concert dvds is very common so why not a youtube video?

this