EUROVISION! The aftermath!

6 minutes ago, alanuk said:

I know people are saying about spreading a message, but Eurovision is known for its camp vibe. Also, it is a non-political show. It's strange why she obeyed Superbowl instructions to the letter but disregarded Eurovision rules.

Compare this to Superbowl, or even, LAP at Live 8. It was a flat performance and the sound hasn't been good for BMA and now this. Bring back Stuart Price who was a genius and worked so well alongside her. LAP is a great song to get audience involvement, put your hands together. Instead it was very dire. I get that this is probably her setting up the premise for the Madame X tour but maybe not best suited for Eurovision.

ESC was just a platform to launch her message. The strange thing is that, before the performance, many were pointing out that there could have been a backlash ( the call for boycott, etc), now many more act surprised.

11 minutes ago, alanuk said:

I know people are saying about spreading a message, but Eurovision is known for its camp vibe. Also, it is a non-political show. It's strange why she obeyed Superbowl instructions to the letter but disregarded Eurovision rules.

Compare this to Superbowl, or even, LAP at Live 8. It was a flat performance and the sound hasn't been good for BMA and now this. Bring back Stuart Price who was a genius and worked so well alongside her.

It would have been easy to cater the camp factor expectations and make a quick hit with backing tapes or lip.

She would have been critizised anyway, but probably not this hard.

SB wasnt mostly live either.

3 hours ago, boy skeffington said:

This article from cnn.com is pretty accurate. I love the description of the show. The performance was great, classic amazing Madonna. The outrage against her will always be there...and will magnify. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/18/europe/madonna-eurovision-israel-scli-intl/index.html

Her futuristic and somewhat surreal set dressing attracted plenty of attention on social media.

It’s so weird to see the very different tone in Madonna Eurovision news coverage in the U.S. vs Europe. I’m usually expecting the U.S. press to be twisting whatever happened and hysterically tearing her to shreds!

1 hour ago, dollhouse said:

Someone make gif combination of the iconic moments of it: the wind turned to fire blow she made to make them fall, the amazing group choreo shots, the ending when they leaned back and fell OMG!

I made these gifs

dYAoYrN.gifL2rBLyD.gifNNOdCf1.gifwqfbqm1.gifzZMDeZV.gif

39 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

I'm surprised that the fans still want to talk about how bad it was, I mean, I get it, let's just move on and support her the best we can. It's not end of the world, we're getting a NEW ALBUM in less than month HELLOOOO

Because they love the victim mentality. You can see them actually hoping for the negativity so they can post their essays about Madonna, then they'll give a two word review of an actual new song or the mechanics of a performance. Her career is already over for them. 

She had an off day (apparent from the rehearsal where she sounded like a dying cat), yes unfortunately in front of 200 mil people but OH WELL, what's done is done. 

I doubt Madge is crying into her champagne rose. Move along kids.

8 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

It’s so weird to see the very different tone in Madonna Eurovision news coverage in the U.S. vs Europe. I’m usually expecting the U.S. press to be twisting whatever happened and hysterically tearing her to shreds!

No one outside Madonna fans last night care anything about Eurovision in the US. It was also a surreal futuristic performance that made a statement. Without the pitch insanity it’s an accurate description.

If anyone’s negative social media commentary  or Piers Morgan moaning is enough to create a narrative then we are all doomed. TMZ rules.

The outage should be her dancer being detained at the airport for wearing a flag on her costume.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
2 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

I thought the same then I realized that it's part of the international site of CNN, so it may not have anything to do with U.S.  Also, the guy who wrote the article is from London! 

25 minutes ago, Confessit said:

This. 

The discussion around Eurovision has been heated on here to say the least but I agree with your perspective you enjoyed/admired the message but it's the execution of the performance that sucked. The arrangement/performance value was lacking not the fact she chose to make a statement.

I totally understand your point of view and I agree with it.

Thank you for understanding! 🤗

3 minutes ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

I made these gifs

dYAoYrN.gifL2rBLyD.gifNNOdCf1.gifwqfbqm1.gifzZMDeZV.gif

I love the second one. 🙂

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 minute ago, boy skeffington said:

No one outside Madonna fans last night care anything about Eurovision. It was also a surreal futuristic performance that made a statement. Without the pitch insanity it’s an accurate description.

The outage should be her dancer being detained at the airport for wearing a flag on her costume.

I was just thinking about this earlier.  While it seems the dancer escaped any real trouble, but could you have imagined if he was jailed if not harmed because of it.  Madonna would surely be under fire.  Though, I suspect the dancer wasn't FORCED to wear the flag. 

In another hand it's not because we defend Madonna that we didn't notice the execution. When lots of people is degrading her for her voice, dancing etc I think it's our duty to focus on the good details instead. The like a prayer midi music was less than ok. The voice well, no good but not terrible also. I think quavo drown the energy of the performance. I'm aware of that. But like I said the message in the context is more important for me. Future is a good song. The costumes was really nice. The setup and the background also. The cinematography was amazing.  I could criticize many M performances but I choose to stand with her vision. Especially when people aren't very nice to her. She's the boss. 

I don't think I'm delusional. Sometime you hit beyond the stars, sometimes you don't and that's ok.  

7 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

This is the real story, the true headline, the actual outrage.

Oh my. If this is true what will they do to Iceland. I am kind of proud that both my nation and Madonna were the ones that did something and didn't turn a blind eye.

1 minute ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

it's ironic that she appeared as Joan of Arc and in the end was burned on the stake, so symbolic , I love it

so true!!! Madame X is a saint

1 minute ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

it's ironic that she appeared as Joan of Arc and in the end was burned on the stake, so symbolic , I love it

As far as I know, none of the "media" outlined this. 😉

6 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

In another hand it's not because we defend Madonna that we didn't notice the execution. When lots of people is degrading her for her voice, dancing etc I think it's our duty to focus on the good details instead. The like a prayer midi music was less than ok. The voice well, no good but not terrible also. I think quavo drown the energy of the performance. I'm aware of that. But like I said the message in the context is more important for me. Future is a good song. The costumes was really nice. The setup and the background also. The cinematography was amazing.  I could criticize many M performances but I choose to stand with her vision. Especially when people aren't very nice to her. She's the boss. 

I don't think I'm delusional. Sometime you hit beyond the stars, sometimes you don't and that's ok.  

The outfits were amazing and iconic and she looked phenomal tbh

Guest eroticerotic
18 minutes ago, Kim said:

Because they love the victim mentality. You can see them actually hoping for the negativity so they can post their essays about Madonna, then they'll give a two word review of an actual new song or the mechanics of a performance. Her career is already over for them. 

She had an off day (apparent from the rehearsal where she sounded like a dying cat), yes unfortunately in front of 200 mil people but OH WELL, what's done is done. 

I doubt Madge is crying into her champagne rose. Move along kids.

I know. All of it is so weird to read. Something’s off. 

Jeez, the "static" comments :lmao:  Those Madonna static(process) jurors should really not score any tickets to see MadameX Tour, because if they do and attend they are bound to be VERY disappointed.

The most shocking thing to me is that: While educated Madonna's fans are complaining about the moments she was out of tune during Like a Prayer or her songs elections was not "dance" enough... Her dancer Mona Bernstsen is telling the world that she is grateful to M for making and avant-garde and deep meaning perfomance even though she was interrogated 1.5 hours at the airport before leaving the country just for using a Palestinian flag in the show..... So Madonna gives an historical performance but some people keep bitching about being out of tune or not singing "Hung up" kind of songs... Really sad.... 

I do not think the problem was her voice in this instance, rather the in house monitoring that probably failed.  I've re-watched the Met Gala and that was note perfect from beginning to end. It seemed  as if she couldn't hear herself and tried valiantly to get through it. You can see she is not happy but still she carries on like the brave warrior she is.

I think people forget that she wrote the song, so she has a good idea what notes to sing. 

5 minutes ago, flexy said:

I do not think the problem was her voice in this instance, rather the in house monitoring that probably failed.  I've re-watched the Met Gala and that was note perfect from beginning to end. It seemed  as if she couldn't hear herself and tried valiantly to get through it. You can see she is not happy but still she carries on like the brave warrior she is.

I think people forget that she wrote the song, so she has a good idea what notes to sing. 

The Met Gala performance of LAP was NOT perfect. Her vocals were also pitchy in places.   

9 minutes ago, flexy said:

Thank you! It’s time to get over it!

572E4029-23CB-41F8-A4E5-8A0DDCD3DAD9.jpeg

A77EF9FA-DA43-419F-BB80-600441EB48F0.jpeg

5F336D6B-D4BA-4000-B62F-12FBA23C8C00.jpeg

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

The Met Gala performance of LAP was NOT perfect. Her vocals were also pitchy in places.   

Ok whatever, it was CLEARLY a zillion times better than what happened last night. 

1 minute ago, mr_boogiewoogie said:

572E4029-23CB-41F8-A4E5-8A0DDCD3DAD9.jpeg

A77EF9FA-DA43-419F-BB80-600441EB48F0.jpeg

5F336D6B-D4BA-4000-B62F-12FBA23C8C00.jpeg

1000% believe this is exactly what the issue was. She was struggling to find the right pitch the entire song. And it’s not because she doesn’t know how to sing on pitch.