Were the Israel + Palestine flags a rebellion?

Seems to me that the broadcast cut away from them once the production team realized they were there....

Which makes me think Madonna planned for them to be added to those dancers without telling anyone- like the rebel she is. 

I bet she had to agree to no Israel Palestine  symbols in the contract, but then put them in against anyone’s knowledge!

Amazing!

It definitely was not supposed to be a part of it. The whole performance seemed too dark and serious for a Eurovision audience. 

But I'm happy that lap from the met gala was brought to TV. 

I was expecting it from the moment the rumors started that she was going to perform.

She was never going to stay silent, visually or verbally. I applaud her for taking that risk.

The controversy over the political statement is gonna be a blessing in disguise - Media (BBC/Guardian) seems to be concentrating on the flag message rather than the sound/voice/physical performance.

I'm actually really happy that she added those  flags. I had a feeling she would do that ever since rumours of her appearance. She's always tried to spread the message of peace in the middle East (AL performance from RIT, Forbidden Love from CT etc...) 

It's shitty of the broadcaster to cut that bit out, bastards 

Madonna shocks Eurovision with Israeli, Palestinian flags during performance

By Joey Nolfi 
May 18, 2019 at 07:32 PM EDT

A self-described international agent, dancer, professor, head of state, housekeeper, equestrian, prisoner, student, mother, and nun, Madame X can now add “Eurovision performer” to her long list of occupations.

Madonna — the pop icon behind the titular persona fueling the aesthetic of her upcoming 14th studio album — headlined a two-song set Saturday during the final night of the 64th annual continental song competition in Tel Aviv, Israel, dipping into her catalog of hits for a hip-hop-inspired rendition of classic song “Like a Prayer” as well as grooving through the new track “Future” featuring rapper Quavo. But, the 60-year-old also ruffled feathers after viewers noticed a pair of Madonna’s dancers brandishing the Palestinian and Israeli flags on their backs as they embraced each other — widely seen as a political statement on the long-standing Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

The set also saw several background performers falling to the ground while wearing gas masks, and concluded with Madonna and Quavo holding hands as the words “wake up” flashed on a large screen behind them.

1 hour ago, Lolasmommy said:

The controversy over the political statement is gonna be a blessing in disguise - Media (BBC/Guardian) seems to be concentrating on the flag message rather than the sound/voice/physical performance.

I hope the focus will be on that.. not the weak vocals.. if she would've performed a silly song without a message with bad vocals, it would be worse.. at least now.. there's the political message and the art of the stage