Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

Well I can’t believe I just read this entire dreary thread beginning to end now. :wacko: I watched it before reading the reactions and don’t get the massive negativity AT ALL.

25 minutes ago, Magrat said:

German media is ripping Madonna to shreds for her performance last night.

I just read the headlines of the two biggest newspapers: BILD's headline said "Super Flop Instead of Super Star", Der Spiegel's headline reads "The low point of her career, maybe even the endpoint?"

I did not read the articles. Because it would hurt too much. I feel really sad. 😥

Madonna had such a great opportunity to promote her new album, 200 million people audience, too bad it was such a flat and uneventful performance. I think it is so ironic that the performance she had the biggest audience ever, she has the worst performance of her career… 😔 I am still excited about the album though… really love Medellin and also like Future... and I believe I will really like Killers Who Are Partying… well… still feeling a bit disappointed… the next performance will be better… 😘

Germany was such an embarrassment yesterday that I guess they feel better writing about something else.

you can't defend the indefensible, this was a wasted opportunity, shes's been doing this job for 40 years and she has been singing LAP for thirty years, it's not acceptable. She had to sing just for four minutes and everything was wrong. it can happen but it is useless to distort reality

Edited by Hobbit

2 minutes ago, Hobbit said:

you can't defend the indefensible, this was a wasted opportunity, shes's been doing this job for 40 years and she has been singing LAP for thirty years, it's not acceptable. She had to sing 4 minutes and everything was wrong. it can happen but it is useless to distort reality

Future was good sonically. She simply fucked up the intro (which is most unfortunate).

3 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

Well I can’t believe I just read this entire dreary thread beginning to end now. :wacko: I watched it before reading the reactions and don’t get the massive negativity AT ALL.

I’m puzzled by it as well.

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Germany was such an embarrassment yesterday that I guess they feel better writing about something else.

True. As K was saying, they are fighting for the last place. Were they last?

28 minutes ago, Magrat said:

German media is ripping Madonna to shreds for her performance last night.

I just read the headlines of the two biggest newspapers: BILD's headline said "Super Flop Instead of Super Star", Der Spiegel's headline reads "The low point of her career, maybe even the endpoint?"

I did not read the articles. Because it would hurt too much. I feel really sad. 😥

Madonna had such a great opportunity to promote her new album, 200 million people audience, too bad it was such a flat and uneventful performance. I think it is so ironic that the performance she had the biggest audience ever, she has the worst performance of her career… 😔 I am still excited about the album though… really love Medellin and also like Future... and I believe I will really like Killers Who Are Partying… well… still feeling a bit disappointed… the next performance will be better… 😘

I just read the articles you mention. All  the  other  media outlets rip her to shred too. I think it's all a Bit to dramatic. But the  truth is that her perfomance was a lost opportunity.

Well there’s no denying that she failed to pull off Like A Prayer vocally. Even though her voice was strong, the lack of any accompaniment only served to expose the few off-key out moments...

However, the biggest crime was the musical arrangement, or complete lack of!!! I kept waiting for it to really kick, but it just never happened.... God knows what they were thinking with this?!!

Thankfully Future kicked ass and I do think it saved the performance!! It’s going through be amazing on the tour, for sure 👏

10 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Haha yeah, I'm not happy with ESC performance, her voice was just ok, not terrible, buy hey what about the voice in Ghosttown performance at iHeartRadio? That was shaky af and nobody said a thing in the press cause Taytay was on stage... I'm a lil bit sad cause I'm not sure when she can perform again with 200 mil people watching. DARK BALLET HERE WE COME! I have a feeling that from now on this era is going to be fuckin epic! Dark ballet, tv shows, interviews, MUSIC VIDEOS and we're not getting only 3 singles lol....

I'm soooo glad that biggest media brands are covering the Israel-Palestine flag story ❤️

She looks amazing though and she got her massage across and people are talking about it. It's over now and she can't time travel back to make it better.

I remembered when my friend told me she fell off stage at the Brits the morning after the show ( I didn't see it Live ) I was shocked ,thinking " omg people

are going to laugh and make fun of her etc " .Then when I finally watched it ( and I was expecting a complete disaster of a show )t all I saw was  Madonna  

falling off the stage then she got up and just carried on. It was AWESOME. 

So this is fine . She's still performing and am happy to see that .

She's Madonna after all .

She could do better with LAP, the rest was very good and let haters-web&press spread their opinion cause copared to M s one is uninspiring and in the line  of the world s sad agenda....se are the lucky ones , we celebrate the epitome of resilience

Guest Future feat Quavo

She should've done some other song...she has a massive catalogue of hits and she goes for LAP. Did she just forget about every other song pre-Candy Shop? A CLOWN is what she is. Future snapped

13 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

I’m puzzled by it as well.

I’ve been skimming through a lot of articles the past few hours. The bits of U.S. press coverage she received are positive and neutral. It has none of this over the top hysteria and career-is-over scorn she got in the Euro press. The contrast is so baffling! Maybe it’s because Eurovision is completely unknown to just about everybody and unhyped here in the U.S. 

2 minutes ago, letemmove said:

She should've done some other song...she has a massive catalogue of hits and she goes for LAP. Did she just forget about every other song pre-Candy Shop? A CLOWN is what she is. Future snapped

...some education please 

1 minute ago, Wunderkind said:

Well, despite the media backlash here in Germany, Future has a huge surge on iTunes. Going from 97 to 16. Something positive. 

Yeahhhh 

Before i saw the show on youtube, I first read a lot of negative reviews and i was disappointed and sad cause, you know i love her to death. And then i saw it and i got confused. Really confused. Seriously people what is going on here. Is there something the fuck wrong with you or something the fuck wrong with you? The show was fun fun fun and eerie.  I especially loved the interlude.  I love when she gets quirky and weird and has no fucks to give. Just watch her mannerisms, her moves, her face, the stage, the visuals, the message, the masked performances, the darkness, the weirdness, the not fucks to giveness of the show.   GREAT PERFORMANCE, warrior MADONNA!

1 hour ago, acko said:

I feel bad. I didn't even sleep well. 

Same tbh.

4 minutes ago, letemmove said:

You are the clown PAYASA

Just now, miki said:

Before i saw the show on youtube, I first read a lot of negative reviews and i was disappointed and sad cause, you know i love her to death. And then i saw it and i got confused. Really confused. Seriously people what is going on here. Is there something the fuck wrong with you or something the fuck wrong with you? The show was fun fun fun and eerie.  I especially loved the interlude.  I love when she gets quirky and weird and has no fucks to give. Just watch her mannerisms, her moves, her face, the stage, the visuals, the message, the masked performances, the darkness, the weirdness, the not fucks to giveness of the show.   GREAT PERFORMANCE, warrior MADONNA!

darling madonna is massacred everywhere and this time also rightly, don't you have a minimum of critical thought? it is clear that this time it went wrong, we try to be objective

4 hours ago, peter said:

And there are comments on that EW article stating that “I bet Madonna doesn’t even know/understand the conflict or how long it’s been going on...” So I guess maybe she doesn’t know her audience...? It must have been her first time in Israel... Maybe we should cut her some slack. 

:madno:

The Girlie Show Tour: October 4, 1993 - Tel Aviv, Israel (sixth show of the tour)
MDNA Tour: May 31, 2012 - Tel Aviv, Israel (first show of the tour)

She also spent almost a whole week there in 2004 with Guy Ritchie:

israel_ashlag_tomb_news.jpg

I'm guessing that you did not watch the super interesting "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret" till the end :think:. Bad, bad fan. :tongue:

:old:

4 hours ago, dollhouse said:

The arrangement of LAP was naked and left her vocals bare on top of that 97kbs midi file.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, miki said:

Oh well, i m not the only one who get's it 🙂 . Feeling less alone now

1 minute ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

:madno:

The Girlie Show Tour: October 4, 1993 - Tel Aviv, Israel (sixth show of the tour)
MDNA Tour: May 31, 2012 - Tel Aviv, Israel (first show of the tour)

She also spent almost a whole week there in 2004 with Guy Ritchie:

israel_ashlag_tomb_news.jpg

I'm guessing that you did not watch the super interesting "I'm Going To Tell You A Secret" till the end :think:. Bad, bad fan. :tongue:

:old:

:lol:

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC. I am well aware that Madonna has been in Israel. She understands the ancient conflict. And she knows her audience. The original poster was suggesting that “she didn’t know what the audience needed.”

Just now, dumitru said:

Oh well, i m not the only one who get's it 🙂 . Feeling less alone now

I'M SURE A LOT MORE PEOPLE GET IT. 

I loved it 

like a prayer ok but I didn’t liked met like a prayer 

Future was fire 

and she looked beautiful 

but i hate the German press

i will not read this garbage 

7 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

I’ve been skimming through a lot of articles the past few hours. The bits of U.S. press coverage she received are positive and neutral. It has none of this over the top hysteria and career-is-over scorn she got in the Euro press. The contrast is so baffling! Maybe it’s because Eurovision is completely unknown to just about everybody and unhyped here in the U.S. 

They all had their claws out before she hit the stage ever since it was announced she was performing. Their minds already decided they didn’t want her to appear to begin with due to the political climate and no matter what she did she was going to ripped to shreds. However, Madonna shall rise and all of them grovel at her feet again.

Promoted 2 songs in one post ❌

Just now, peter said:

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC. I am well aware that Madonna has been in Israel. She understands the ancient conflict. And she knows her audience. The original poster was suggesting that “she didn’t know what the audience needed.”

:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, micro_03 said:

I loved it 

like a prayer ok but I didn’t liked met like a prayer 

Future was fire 

and she looked beautiful 

but i hate the German press

i will not read this garbage 

YES, DON'T READ IT. GO WITH YOUR OWN FEELINGS. ENJOY LIFE.