Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

I hope Guy Oseary and her annoying team aren't going to tell her people didn't like it because of the political message. I do wonder what is being told to her and if she knows she was out of tune and if she knew that as she was performing.. (because I think she has to make that clear if her ear monitors don't work so then at least people have an idea that something isn't going as planned)

6 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

I mean, surely someone close to her should be saying 'this arragment doesn't sound great or this might be a better idea.' I don't know. 

I would think so too. Mirwais for example.

6 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I hope Guy Oseary and her annoying team aren't going to tell her people didn't like it because of the political message. I do wonder what is being told to her and if she knows she was out of tune and if she knew that as she was performing.. (because I think she has to make that clear if her ear monitors don't work so then at least people have an idea that something isn't going as planned)

You'd hope and pray someone would have the balls to step up but I have a feeling no one has or will in her camp

3 minutes ago, Aime said:

Seeing some of my favourite posters here like @acko sad upsets me way more than the shit the performance is getting 😞 She's gonna be fine!

Thanx hussy :kiss2:

14 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I thought Guy had taken a step back this era I don't think he was even there with her last night? 

oh don`t worry people. the message  of the performance was on point and  tomorrow  they will shred to pieces the final episode of game of thrones. 

SLAYED

This is what i love about Madonna.  Dramatic, full of message, and tought provoking. I will explaine myself :

1. LAP in the dance-euphoria-acapela moment was done to death. Even casual fans have seen, SB, Live aid etc. She was not of key, because this is her voice now
It was done in more mature and dramatic way and i loved it.

2. Some fans can not accept change. Body changes, voice changes. Bonnie Tyler had a much stronger voice than Madonna when she was young. When she came as a competing artist in eurovision couples of years ago, in her 60s , she sang so unappealing that she was in the bottom.  THIS IS LIFE. YOU CAN NOT FIGHT IT. YOU CAN ENJOY IT.

3. Madonna will never give another high energy performance. Cherish the one she did do, but don't hold them up as an etalon. She is in a diferent place now. She released 4 songs and a spoken part, none of them is fast BPM wise. 

4. Madonna was never a people pleaser. She was tought provoking. Future was great, it was the essence of Madonna. Serious message , not in your face done. That is not the campy disco fans wanted. This is not the what Israel and EBU wanted. 

5. I understand that some fans want the world to love Madonna , as a validation for themselvs. The world already now how legendary she is.   Top solo performer rings a bell.

I think most of the drama comes from haters and lunatic fans.
She in not what she was, but why is this a bad thing ? Would rather you have her retired ? She is giving so mucht artistry yet . Enjoy it.

Edited by dumitru

I feel bad simply because its a lost opportunity. It would have been great if she turn it around like on Live8. Great vocals, performance. She was clearly the highlight of that event. I would have loved if she was universally praised for this, cause its her most watched appearance ever. Oh well. I dont think it is as bad as it is declared. But I was shocked she had NO backing vocalists on LAP. Future was good.

German media is ripping Madonna to shreds for her performance last night.

I just read the headlines of the two biggest newspapers: BILD's headline said "Super Flop Instead of Super Star", Der Spiegel's headline reads "The low point of her career, maybe even the endpoint?"

I did not read the articles. Because it would hurt too much. I feel really sad. 😥

Madonna had such a great opportunity to promote her new album, 200 million people audience, too bad it was such a flat and uneventful performance. I think it is so ironic that the performance she had the biggest audience ever, she has the worst performance of her career… 😔 I am still excited about the album though… really love Medellin and also like Future... and I believe I will really like Killers Who Are Partying… well… still feeling a bit disappointed… the next performance will be better… 😘

I wish, she did have a better tech support, on the othere hand it is always the same, the media had wanted her to fail since day one.

Positive side, there maybe less people to go see her on Tour, more tickets chances for us.

Rolling+Stone+USA+December+19+1985++The+Music+Year+In+Review+Virgin+Tour+copy.jpg

It is NOT a lost oppurtunity. She is an artist, she wanted to make a statement and she made a bold one. It would be easy to sing '''Music makes the people come together'' and project world peace sign on the screens. She has never been that basic kind of artist. It was a beautiful, powerful performance. I'm not surprised the general public reaction, she isn't universally loved. People love to hate her. After yesterday, I love her even more. She took a risk and that is the Madonna I grew up with.

1 minute ago, berke said:

It is NOT a lost oppurtunity. She is an artist, she wanted to make a statement and she made a bold one. It would be easy to sing '''Music makes the people come together'' and project world peace sign on the screens. She has never been that basic kind of artist. It was a beautiful, powerful performance. I'm not surprised the general public reaction, she isn't universally loved. People love to hate her. After yesterday, I love her even more. She took a risk and that is the Madonna I grew up with.

well said💪

12 minutes ago, petrag said:

oh don`t worry people. the message  of the performance was on point and  tomorrow  they will shred to pieces the final episode of game of thrones. 

That's true. 

7 minutes ago, Magrat said:

German media is ripping Madonna to shreds for her performance last night.

I just read the headlines of the two biggest newspapers: BILD's headline said "Super Flop Instead of Super Star", Der Spiegel's headline reads "The low point of her career, maybe even the endpoint?"

I did not read the articles. Because it would hurt too much. I feel really sad. 😥

Madonna had such a great opportunity to promote her new album, 200 million people audience, too bad it was such a flat and uneventful performance. I think it is so ironic that the performance she had the biggest audience ever, she has the worst performance of her career… 😔 I am still excited about the album though… really love Medellin and also like Future... and I believe I will really like Killers Who Are Partying… well… still feeling a bit disappointed… the next performance will be better… 

Well, if German press is that negative, she should retire. 😀 The end.

7 minutes ago, berke said:

Your correct. She made a bold statement and has further cemented her legacy as a controversial artist not afraid of making political statements.

But being basic and signing music make sthe people come together with a world peace sign is not really what is being critised here/the general public, that's not the point everyone is making.

Everyone is applauding M for making a policitical statement, it's the armature arrangement of LAP, her biggest significant hit and the static non-event performance value that happened on stage that fans/the general public have issue with.

A spades a spade. 

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Your correct. She made a bold statement and has further cemented her legacy as a controversial artist not afraid of making political statements.

But being basic and signing music make sthe people come together with a world peace sign is not really what is being critised here/the general public, that's not the point everyone is making.

Everyone is applauding M for making a policitical statement, it's the armature arrangement of LAP, her biggest significant hit and the static non-event performance value that happened on stage that fans/the general public have issue with.

A spades a spade. 

Exactly. I could just fucking shake her.

It's an ok performance and I have heard worst vocal from Madonna ( Hello Hard Candy promo tour !) 

It's passable . I just wished it wasn't a rehash of The Met performance and Future sounds good although Quavo and Madonna had zero chemistry .

He added nothing to the performance . Moving Swiftly On !  

PS. Also it's not going to end her career. 

3 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Exactly. I could just fucking shake her.

I think some people are hiding behind the fact she made a political statement hence all the backlash on here/the general public but that's not what it's about. I don't think there's a fan in here ashamed of Madonna making a statement of peace and calling out polictical trouble, it's the below average for her usual  high standards performance value we are all shocked at. 

Darren’s right. Something must have been off technically in her earpiece or with the sound. She is never THAT off key. It’s clear to me (as a total guess) that the trouble was that Madonna was having trouble hearing herself. Or anything. Maybe the sound check didn’t go as it should have. 

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

That's not the point everyone is making.

Correct… the political statement is actually the only positive thing that is highlighted in the press. The fact that Madonna did it in a very peaceful and non-attention-seeking way. Iceland on the other hand did really the most to show their hate/disdain towards Israel in a really drastic way, they are getting a lot of attention for it.

The point really is that it was a bad and flat/low-energy performance.

Just now, Confessit said:

I think some people are hiding behind the fact she made a political statement hence all the backlash on here/the general public but that's not what it's about. I don't think there's a fan in here ashamed of Madonna making a statement of peace and calling out polictical trouble, it's the below average for herusual  high standards performance value we are all shocked at. 

True

2 minutes ago, Magrat said:

Correct… the political statement is actually the only positive thing that is highlighted in the press. The fact that Madonna did it in a very peaceful and non-attention-seeking way. Iceland on the other hand did really the most to show their hate/disdain towards Israel in a really drastic way, they are getting a lot of attention for it.

The point really is that it was a bad and flat/low-energy performance.

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

True

Madonna executing a brilliant polictial message is the original American a Life video, or the live to tell/forbidden love performance from confessions both laced with a political message but both were brilliant performances.

Last night just wasn't excecuted well due to sound arrangement/lack of energy considering this was literally just 7 minutes on stage. The statement was awesome, the performance not so. 

Watching LAP for the second time is not as dry as I remembered. My hubby and I are even commenting that she sounds better than yesterday. 

And oh my when the poem starts and then Future comes! Glorious.

9 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

It's an ok performance and I have heard worst vocal from Madonna ( Hello Hard Candy promo tour !) 

It's passable . I just wished it wasn't a rehash of The Met performance and Future sounds good although Quavo and Madonna had zero chemistry .

He added nothing to the performance . Moving Swiftly On !  

Haha yeah, I'm not happy with ESC performance, her voice was just ok, not terrible, buy hey what about the voice in Ghosttown performance at iHeartRadio? That was shaky af and nobody said a thing in the press cause Taytay was on stage... I'm a lil bit sad cause I'm not sure when she can perform again with 200 mil people watching. DARK BALLET HERE WE COME! I have a feeling that from now on this era is going to be fuckin epic! Dark ballet, tv shows, interviews, MUSIC VIDEOS and we're not getting only 3 singles lol...

I'm soooo glad that biggest media brands are covering the Israel-Palestine flag story ❤️