Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

I think that this performance has lacked energy..

SHe is 60 years old and that begins to be noticed, she does not dance so much,

I think we'll have to get used to seeing Madonna's shows in another way.

I do not think it was a bad performance, but neither has it been epic. 

I did not like the spoken part,

the version of Like a Prayer was too sober, it must have made a more moved version and that the public could interact.

in the interview it was incredible.

Just now, Wunderkind said:

Germany. And it not coming from gossip sites. It’s sites like Spiegel.de etc. Very much an overreaction and the German media has always been hard on her. But still, it’s sad to read those headlines. 

Germany maybe doesn't want to face the fact that NOBODY like their song and Europe laughed at them during the votes when it turned out the country got zero. Maybe that's why they prefer to focus on another thing :lmao:

so: madonna can´t sing, her career is over: choose the year that you hear that for the first time:

-1984 after LAV at the VMA

-1985 after the playboy pictures

-1987 after the WTG tour was aired and she didn´t have voice (that was my first time!)

-1988 Kylie is the new madonna, madonna´s era has finished

-1989 after Oh father/ janet-paula selling more and being more popular in the US

-1990. Blond a,mbition tour, madonna doesn´t have voice, it´s all about dancing and sex, the music sounds but, her best years are over

-1990-1991: justify my love: she is not even caring to sing! or dance! that song is not a song, is only about the scandal! And first time that I heard she is old. and In bed with madonna? career flop, she is showing too much

-1992: SEX. She is only about scandal. And she looks weird with that thing on her teeth.and she is old (yes, she was considered old already). and she looks weird in deeper and deeper

-1993:That  movie is crap. sex to sell.she is touring in less places because nobody wants to see her anymore.

-1994:she is over, bedtime story didn´t chart at all, her singles flop, TAB is her lowest charting song...she is not following the times in europe, where britpop is the thing,people in the train: "I´ñ´ve heard madonna is having sex with a bull in her next video"

-1995: well, she is behaving, beautiful ballad, she is trying to be like celine. but that´s ok.she should have a baby.Me going to the store asking about Something to remember:"what? is she still singing? doesn´t she have an album out?

-1996: is she having a baby? I bet she is doing it because she thinks that´s going to help in her career, that, it´s over. she is desperate for an oscar.

-1998: Ray of light live: what the hell? she can´t performe anymore...the rest, good.she married and had another baby, that´s what a woman should do.

-2003: her career is over, AL´s message has destroyed her career. She shouldn´t touch politics. 

-2008-2018: she is too old for anything. if she has had a couple of hits is because of the feat artists or the super bowl. she is an artist from the past

-2019: she can´t sing, she can´t performe...nothing has changed!!!

we are going to have a great 2019-2020!

2 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

I think that this performance has lacked energy..

SHe is 60 years old and that begins to be noticed, he does not dance so much,

I think we'll have to get used to seeing Madonna's shows in another way.

I do not think it was a bad performance, but neither has it been epic. 

I did not like the spoken part,

the version of Like a Prayer was too sober, it must have made a more moved version and that the public could interact.

in the interview it was incredible.

LAP should have worked perfectly closing the song and being sing along like the MDNA. It's a song to celebrate. 

Anyway, this was Madonna's vision and I like this dark side of her too. 

Just now, promise to try said:

so: madonna can´t sing, her career is over: choose the year that you hear that for the first time:

-1984 after LAV at the VMA

-1985 after the playboy pictures

-1987 after the WTG tour was aired and she didn´t have voice (that was my first time!)

-1988 Kylie is the new madonna, madonna´s era has finished

-1989 after Oh father/ janet-paula selling more and being more popular in the US

-1990. Blond a,mbition tour, madonna doesn´t have voice, it´s all about dancing and sex, the music sounds but, her best years are over

-1990-1991: justify my love: she is not even caring to sing! or dance! that song is not a song, is only about the scandal! And first time that I heard she is old. and In bed with madonna? career flop, she is showing too much

-1992: SEX. She is only about scandal. And she looks weird with that thing on her teeth.and she is old (yes, she was considered old already). and she looks weird in deeper and deeper

-1993:That  movie is crap. sex to sell.she is touring in less places because nobody wants to see her anymore.

-1994:she is over, bedtime story didn´t chart at all, her singles flop, TAB is her lowest charting song...she is not following the times in europe, where britpop is the thing,people in the train: "I´ñ´ve heard madonna is having sex with a bull in her next video"

-1995: well, she is behaving, beautiful ballad, she is trying to be like celine. but that´s ok.she should have a baby.Me going to the store asking about Something to remember:"what? is she still singing? doesn´t she have an album out?

-1996: is she having a baby? I bet she is doing it because she thinks that´s going to help in her career, that, it´s over. she is desperate for an oscar.

-1998: Ray of light live: what the hell? she can´t performe anymore...the rest, good.she married and had another baby, that´s what a woman should do.

-2003: her career is over, AL´s message has destroyed her career. She shouldn´t touch politics. 

-2008-2018: she is too old for anything. if she has had a couple of hits is because of the feat artists or the super bowl. she is an artist from the past

-2019: she can´t sing, she can´t performe...nothing has changed!!!

we are going to have a great 2019-2020!

:clap:

PREACH IT BABY!!!!  

I didn't dare read my Facebook this morning, then I took a peek and everyone has ripped her to absolute shreds. Even people who I know like her. I can't even defend her. I don't have the energy. I'm staying away from social media for a week. 

6 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

Germany. And it not coming from gossip sites. It’s sites like Spiegel.de etc. Very much an overreaction and the German media has always been hard on her. But still, it’s sad to read those headlines. 

True, hard to read all that.

I still wonder whether she´s surrounded by yes people who don´t tell her when something is off. I mean, the musical arrangement. I had hoped that Mirwais being on board he would be honest with her.

Really hard, hard to watch (Like A Prayer), Future was good but I was actually not able to enjoy it after LAP.

Wtf, her new music is so good, this shouldn´t have happened. But then, she´s only human, let´s move on and enjoy what´s coming.

14 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

Here the media, major news sites, are solely concentrating on her vocals and her lack of performance energy. literally calling it “the performance that ended her career “. 

They wish. 

Madame X is coming for their souls. 

I didn’t mind the dark LAP or Future as we knew what we were getting. 

I wish she could have at least sung the first 4 lines of LAP in tune. It was just too obvious with her bare vocals. 

'Like A Prayer' was clearly a struggle but you can hear, once the next rack started with more instruments (and bass, which is essential for pitch) - her pitch was great. She works so hard, I'm amazed she still wants to do this. Anyone criticizing her for being 'old' - fuck off.

In defense of #MadonnaEurovision - having seen her live many times, she was having difficultly finding pitch due to her in-ear mix. Happens to the best of us. That arrangement was very sparse and I imagine sounded a mess from the stage. She’s a legend. Don’t come for the Queen.

6 minutes ago, Musicinferno said:

I still wonder whether she´s surrounded by yes people who don´t tell her when something is off.

In the rehearsal audio for LAP someone uploaded yesterday some people were laughing at her while she was singing. SOMEONE from her side must've noticed this was not likely to work in terms of vocals and try to do some adjusting (changing the arrangement?).

We have to look at the big picture though and to me she did a fantastic job in Future, and delivered a ballsy message. That's what I'm taking from this. Can't wait to watch it again.

1 minute ago, sotos8 said:

'Like A Prayer' was clearly a struggle but you can hear, once the next rack started with more instruments (and bass, which is essential for pitch) - her pitch was great. She works so hard, I'm amazed she still wants to do this. Anyone criticizing her for being 'old' - fuck off.

So true. I still blame the lackluster arrangement. I can’t wait for Dark Ballet, it’s sounds so intriguing. 

19 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

i am glad Im in the US, I don't see any bad press about her performance-  im not searching for it either.  Lets just move on... this feed is depressing.

Come this week, she will likely start her US promotions.  we will have a change of heart 😃

Just now, acko said:

I feel bad. I didn't even sleep well. 

I had such a strange negative feeling about this Eurovision thing from the start. For once, I wasn't even dramatic about it today but seems like now I should be?

no boys, don't begin to blame the constellations and the stars. she was out of tune during LAP and in a performance with 200 million viewers this is not acceptable. Madonna will not be happy with this performance first. This was a missed opportunity, no doubt about it. wearing blinkers is useless. btw the message of peace has hit the mark

Okay so it's the morning after the night before my fellow beautiful M fans...

...I've re watched it and I have digested it. 

Madonna obviously had a message and I do think that the fact she chose to accept the invitation to play Eurovision was more about her making a statement of peace between the Israelis and palistines than promoting the new album. This was a different flavour than let's say the Super Bowl or an awards show spot where she is performing her new single, this was M wanting to be explicitly political. The fact the rehearsals were shrouded in mystery now makes sense. 

I applaud M for being brave and bold enough to use imagery that highlights the political terrors and the flags on the dancers were a bold visual nod to seeking peace. Of course for all of us this is M at her rebellion best we enjoy this on all her tours the message of peace and love it's in the make up of her DNA but it's the way it was executed last night that is the issue for many fans/public alike. 

This was 8 minutes on stage for Madonna. The performance was very conceptual and I think in the context of a whole show aka a tour night with her it would sink but it didn't immediently for casual viewers last night. The gas masks and apocalyptic dancing/visuals for Future tied with the fire imagery and political heads on the screens with Madonna instructing the audience don't you think we know what your doing caught the audience off guard. I don't think anyone in the arena knew what to make of it hence the muted response comment from graham norton (UK viewers).  It was a heavy set but the general press coverage and online coverage is focussing on Madonna making the statement as a positive. I understand now why she chose Future as lyrically it captures the message she wanted to display. 

Quovo was unnecessary. He has zero stage presence and he added nothing to the performance. At one point Madonna had to nudge him to point to the roof. 

LAP was as discussed by all was off key in moments but It really is that arrangement that still sounds like an amateur junior school put it together for leavers assembley rather than an arrangement to play for the biggest female in music. The epic and breathtaking staging was about all that was good about it. She spent half the performances walking down the stairs and the other half walking up them. It was static and I was disappointed there wasn't a choir on the stage with her to really lift the performance across the arena with some audience participation. 

Was it right or wrong for the Eurovision? Well that simply depends on your perspective. For me it's a dose of both, I don't mind the statement or even the song which was obviously a very left-field choice to promote a new album in front of 200 million but it was the staticness and lack of flow that simply didn't resonate so instead of really loving it I've had to re watch it and digest it. But perhaps that was her plan....

Although I don't think it will go down as one of her best, she looks incredible and has further sealed her legacy as a rebel and a political force willing to sacrifice reputation to make a stand. That's our M. This is just my thoughts I adore M and I am being critical but it's my point of view but I appreciate the work she has put in as ever I continue to be excited for Madame X.

5 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I had such a strange negative feeling about this Eurovision thing from the start. For once, I wasn't even dramatic about it today but seems like now I should be?

I don't know. I do feel a huge sense of disappointment. Aside from the vocals, it was just flat and... shit, to be honest. I didn't really sleep either. The little I've read about the whole thing outside of this forum seems overwhelmingly negative, and I hate to bring that here, but I just don't know who she is surrounding herself with. People genuinely seem to be gleefully championing her demise and with that performance, how can we defend her? I didn't sleep either. 

I do not think any of us are   Madonna fans because she has a powerful voice.

If they were looking for an excuse to criticize it, they found it

Do you remember ray of light at the Mtv awards with Lenny? ... there I sing badly..

Do you remember when he fell down the stairs with livin for Love? there were people who said that it was finished ... although others praised its capacity of reaction..

I think for Eurovision They I had to choose another repertoire, something more moved, that people could dance ..that Madonna herself could dance.

I do not like to see her perform with Quavo or with Maluma .. she takes away Madonna' presence on stage, she does not need anyone to shine.

6 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

I don't know. I do feel a huge sense of disappointment. Aside from the vocals, it was just flat and... shit, to be honest. I didn't really sleep either. The little I've read about the whole thing outside of this forum seems overwhelmingly negative, and I hate to bring that here, but I just don't know who she is surrounding herself with. People genuinely seem to be gleefully championing her demise and with that performance, how can we defend her? I didn't sleep either. 

what do you mean, who she surrounding herself with?  this is all Madonna... good or bad

5 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Listening to Medellin, Crave, Future to cure the pain.. it´s working 😁 love them all, best music in years, and still 6 more Mirwais tracks to look forward to.

2 minutes ago, Musicinferno said:

Listening to Medellin, Crave, Future to cure the pain.. it´s working 😁 love them all, best music in years, and still 6 more Mirwais tracks to look forward to.

True. I do love the tracks so far released 

3 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

what do you mean, who she surrounding herself with?  this is all Madonna... good or bad

I mean, surely someone close to her should be saying 'this arragment doesn't sound great or this might be a better idea.' I don't know.