Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

3 minutes ago, peter said:

So, just arriving, and I am fearing the worst. I’m going to try to find it online, but I am curious to know whether the uploaded version from Eurovision will be the full one — censored or edited in any way?

It's nowhere as bad as social media is saying but you make up your own mind

I haven't been able to find it online.

Just now, ursula said:

I don't think they would censor it! I mean, what are they going to do? Add cat pics over the flags? 

I don’t know? I’m trying to catch up quickly, but it’s challenging. And it seems not to be online, so it’s not like I can figure out what they showed or didn’t show...

1 minute ago, Danmacevents said:

You guys know I've been at a Eurovision party and have been so excited for this. I was underwhelmed. I'm so drunk I have to watch again but I felt sad 

Curious how did people respond at the party or are you intoxicated to respond? lol

Thanks, @ursula and @Napoléon — when i searched YouTube, seriously there’s no official performance vid like I expected. A lot of “No Madonna at Eurovision...?” kind of junk from days ago, and reaction videos that I’m sure would have been edited, so I was looking for this. I appreciate your posting it!!

7 minutes ago, peter said:

So, just arriving, and I am fearing the worst. I’m going to try to find it online, but I am curious to know whether the uploaded version from Eurovision will be the full one — censored or edited in any way?

It’s not bad don’t let these meltdown give u the wrong impression. Her voice was a bit shaky for LAP but nowhere near the disaster people here are claiming. It was a strong MADONNA performance with great visuals, costumes and meaning. 

Just now, FreeMySoul said:

It’s not bad don’t let these meltdown give u the wrong impression. Her voice was a bit shaky for LAP but nowhere near the disaster people here are claiming. It was a strong MADONNA performance with great visuals, costumes and meaning. 

Thanks! Will keep an open mind ... and thanks @Gabriel Ciccone, too, for sharing the video!

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Curious how did people respond at the party or are you intoxicated to respond? lol

It wasn't great. Even if they don't like her she's on such a high pedestal. And they don't understand sjes not 40 anymore. However when she came on the X fel off my eye patch. 

15582300667801395591359530190520.jpg

OH ... but ... by the way, I am in the US, and none of those YouTube videos works. It’s the same as the livestream — says it has not been made available in my territory. So odd.

Threads like this remind me why I am here so infrequently. 

The performance was fine. Nothing grand but nothing bad. Yet everyone on here is acting as if she killed her entire career. :manson:

1 minute ago, ursula said:

ps: don't watch it with headphones, it's worse.

Thanks for the tip! :wink: I just hope I get to see it somewhere — headphones or not!

Just now, svperstar said:

The performance was fine. Nothing grand but nothing bad. Yet everyone on here is acting as if she killed her entire career. :manson:

Where were you able to see it, Svp, if you don’t mind me asking?

I think some people on here are in denial. I’ve been a life long Madonna fan and to be honest I was disappointed, it was not a good performance . It’s ok though, not every performance needs to be good or great. Madonna is allowed to have an off performance. I was hoping this era was going to bring something different but at times it kind of feels like more of the same and it pains me to say that. Often times lately it feels like Madonna is chasing cool and that sometimes overshadows how great she is. She needs to remind people of her brilliance. We all know it and adore her but I feel like the message is getting lost in the shuffle. She’s already proved herself in so many ways. 

Just now, peter said:

Where were you able to see it, Svp, if you don’t mind me asking?

She certainly didn't  her career but in my opinion she didn't remind the world who she is I'm so sad. Hahaha 

2 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I just watched parts of LAP and Future again.

Much better on second viewing. I really think this has more to do with me being from the USA and not being able to grasp the massiveness of this moment. Perfect example -  I was (privately) SUPER SUPER critical of the Super Bowl performance (aside from Vogue) in the moments and days after it. You have no idea how nervous us Americans were for that perf. It was a huge deal and we had no clue what to expect. IT WAS SO SECRET. So when it happened I was like "OH." I didn't know quite what to think. With time, I recognized the brilliance of the entire thing. I think maybe Eurovision being so massive is kinda coloring the reactions for a lot of us here

Anyway 

Def think there's an element of truth to this. Add into that a world that's become extremely overcritical of anything and everything (thanks social media) and this is the result. Based on the comments here I was seriously thinking of just not watching at all tonight and saving it for another time. Truly, I thought I was about to witness the worst performance of her career before hitting play on this video and it's just not anywhere near that at all. For starters, just about every single promo performance she did in support of the ROL album was worse than this (minus Oprah). Then again, I know nothing about Eurovision and what people expect with it. Having actually watched M's performance myself now though, all this um....noise....is much ado about nothing. Her LAP vocal has some bum notes for sure and some focus on live instruments (kudos to the trumpets though btw) would be much appreciated but outside of that I just don't see what the big issue is. Also, not sure what sort of heavy choreography to expect on mid-tempo songs like these? 

I enjoyed it myself, I thought the stage looked amazing. Of course always appreciate M throwing in a little controversy too. 

4 minutes ago, svperstar said:

THIS!

5 minutes ago, peter said:

OH ... but ... by the way, I am in the US, and none of those YouTube videos works. It’s the same as the livestream — says it has not been made available in my territory. So odd.

Peter, try this link: 

I genuinely can't believe the amount of hate this performance is getting.  Not the most energetic and not the best vocally and she needs to fire Kevin Autunes, but when I was watching it live I thought they were non issues especially the vocals.  Dark Ballet sounded amazing, she looked great, styling was on point, the message was beautifully presented and it was one of her most gorgeously staged performances ever.  When all the stupidity about her vocals or whatever fades away I hope people just remember her message of unity.  

1 minute ago, Danmacevents said:

It wasn't great. Even if they don't like her she's on such a high pedestal. And they don't understand sjes not 40 anymore. However when she came on the X fel off my eye patch. 

15582300667801395591359530190520.jpg

😅 Go to bed. I am right now. We're all meant to be happy when our friends/family.social media feeds (not trolls) wonder what the fuck has happened to Madonna. Same old story.